Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Donnie Walsh Out as President/GM

  1. #1

    Donnie Walsh Out as President/GM

    According to WFAN's Craig Carton... Donnie Walsh has resigned as President/GM of the Knicks and he will take a role as a Consultant. More to Come!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    ESPN Radio saying it to.

    I can think of someone Dolan likes to take over

  3. #3

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    245-A
    Posts
    3,138

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

    Donnie Walsh departing Knicks
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6622321


    Donnie Walsh's tenure as president and general manager of the New York Knicks is over, team owner James Dolan said Friday.

    "Following a long series of discussions regarding his future role with the New York Knicks, Donnie Walsh and I have mutually agreed that he will be leaving his position ... at the end of June," Dolan said in a statement.

    Walsh will work in a consultant's capacity for the team next season.

    "In a relatively short time with the Knicks, Donnie made a tremendous impact, which will be felt for many years to come," Dolan said. "We thank Donnie for his leadership, hard work and many contributions to the revitalization of the team."

    The Knicks said their search for a new president and general manager will begin immediately. Glen Grunwald, the club's senior vice president of basketball operations, will serve as interim GM beginning in July and will oversee all player transactions.

  5. #5
    Hope D'Antoni is right behind him.

  6. #6
    NOOOOOOOO!!!

    Uh oh - so does that mean Calipari is coming in as GM/Coach?

    Dolan is that dumb, but he can't bring Isiah back in any capacity..

    Bad news for the Knicks...Very bad news! Donnie did a great job and will be missed!

  7. #7
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    %$#@&%#$!

  8. #8
    As a Knicks supporter, I'm extremely worried that this brings Isiah back in some capacity. And having him at all involved with the team is just horrible...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    As a Knicks supporter, I'm extremely worried that this brings Isiah back in some capacity. And having him at all involved with the team is just horrible...
    Back to the 10 year nightmare.

  10. #10
    Mother****ing **** **** ****ing ****er!!!!!!!!!!!!

    If they bring back Isiah, I'm done with this team. Done.

  11. #11
    I'm about done supporting this clown Dolan/Knicks. Pretty clear he doesn't have any clue as to what he's doing and hasn't for the last 10+ years.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,459
    Quote Originally Posted by @FisolaNYDN
    The Daily News has learned that Jim Dolan's contract offer to Donnie Walsh included a 40 percent pay cut.

  13. #13
    Jim Dolan has just made Fred wilpons look smart

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,846
    I am going to become a fan of whatever team Kemba Walker is drafted by if Dolan brings Isiah back.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,133
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Mother****ing **** **** ****ing ****er!!!!!!!!!!!!

    If they bring back Isiah, I'm done with this team. Done.
    I changed teams many yrs before, but how could a serious football fan support the guy who was responsible for blocking the West Side Stadium? I'm done as a ST holder as of this year, but I'd have gladly ponied up for the WSS. F Dolan, and Silver/Bruno.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I changed teams many yrs before, but how could a serious football fan support the guy who was responsible for blocking the West Side Stadium? I'm done as a ST holder as of this year, but I'd have gladly ponied up for the WSS. F Dolan, and Silver/Bruno.
    I didn't really care about the West Side Stadium, to be completely honest. I've always hated Dolan, but it's just so hard for me to abandon a team that I've followed since I was a little kid. I say I'll be done if Isiah returns now, but I don't know if I really will do it. We'll see. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    I am going to become a fan of whatever team Kemba Walker is drafted by if Dolan brings Isiah back.
    I've picked the Nuggets as my new team if he comes back.

  18. #18
    Walsh did a masterful job getting the Knicks under the cap and landing Amare, Carmelo, and hopefully if Stern doesn't get his way and cuts the cap by over $10 mil, Chris Paul too. Jim Dolan is officially Isiah's boyfriend.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    NOOOOOOOO!!!

    Uh oh - so does that mean Calipari is coming in as GM/Coach?

    Dolan is that dumb, but he can't bring Isiah back in any capacity..

    Bad news for the Knicks...Very bad news! Donnie did a great job and will be missed!
    As bad as Isiah is I don't think Calipari is much better. He did an awful job as the Nets GM/Coach he drafted Kerry friggin Kittles over Kobe Bryant and then subsequently drafted the soft stiff Keith Van Horn. The Nets made the playoffs once while he was there and I believe they got swept in the first round.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us