Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

All Pro
    Looks like I'll be able to pick up Madden '12, Uncharted 3 and Arkham City for $30 each come Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If Skyrim isn't Game of the Year, then a great injustice has been committed.

Seriously, this is the best game I've ever played.

Ever.
    I just rented it from Redbox. It pains me to return it. Top of my xmas wishlist.

And I'm the last person to get into these d&d kind of games.

Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Looks like I'll be able to pick up Madden '12, Uncharted 3 and Arkham City for $30 each come Friday.
    Link on those deals?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    I just rented it from Redbox. It pains me to return it. Top of my xmas wishlist.

And I'm the last person to get into these d&d kind of games.

Same here - I got hooked on this formula playing Fallout 3.
    I hate RPG games-particularly turn-based fighting, I find it moronic and tedious.

Ok, you just stand there and do nothing, while I let the 3rd guy in my party use a magic potion on you that drains -10 xp

Stupid.

But FO3 & Skyrim have RFG qualities, but with real action-based combat, which I've always liked.

So for I'm only on Lv 9 and haven't done a whole lot. I came across these woolly mammoths so my first instinct was to slay them, but then I got smashed down by some giant dude with a club.

Another time I spent 2 hours trying to fight my way out of Dragonsreach after being caught stealing some stupid amethyst.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post

Link?

Or is this out the back door of a Best Buy that your friend works at?

If the goal of the game is not shiny ponyta, I don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Link?

Or is this out the back door of a Best Buy that your friend works at?
    Found it. Black Friday deals at Best Buy. Not about to head down there at 12 am, dunno about you.

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy...PK&sneakpeek=y

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    Found it. Black Friday deals at Best Buy. Not about to head down there at 12 am, dunno about you.

http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbuy...PK&sneakpeek=y
    Apparently, it's online as well. Wal-Mart is also running the same deals.

All Pro
    Finally picked up Arkham City ($30) and Uncharted 3 ($40). I hope to get to them in the next 2 weeks while I'm on vacay.

So I couldn't justify paying $60 for Skyrim since that isnt my style of game...

On Sunday, it drops to $40, along with a host of others at TRU...

But Google Offers is giving $10 for $20 vouchers.

Two credit cards and two gmail accts later, I bought a $40 ecard at TRU.

So on Sunday, I'll nab it for a whopping $20.

Just an fyi for those of you shopping new releases for the holiday.

Seems frugile of me but too good to pass up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So I couldn't justify paying $60 for Skyrim since that isnt my style of game...

On Sunday, it drops to $40, along with a host of others at TRU...

But Google Offers is giving $10 for $20 vouchers.

Two credit cards and two gmail accts later, I bought a $40 ecard at TRU.

So on Sunday, I'll nab it for a whopping $20.

Just an fyi for those of you shopping new releases for the holiday.

Seems frugile of me but too good to pass up.
    OK, grandma.

You clip your coupons for your Sunday shopping list yet? I heard Sanka is on sale for $2.99 and with the $1.00 off coupon, you could have an entire jar of the polyester hardening fake coffe for under 2 bucks!! What a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    OK, grandma.

You clip your coupons for your Sunday shopping list yet? I heard Sanka is on sale for $2.99 and with the $1.00 off coupon, you could have an entire jar of the polyester hardening fake coffe for under 2 bucks!! What a deal!

Hey now.

I don't mind spending on things I feel I'll get use out of. A lot of the guys that like Skyrim are WoW guys... Just sayin...

And my wife is half Jewish. We coupon shop. Fact of life. I've embraced it.

Hows about, I take the $20 I saved and pick you up a blue dolphin.

You're welcome.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hey now.

I don't mind spending on things I feel I'll get use out of. A lot of the guys that like Skyrim are WoW guys... Just sayin...

And my wife is half Jewish. We coupon shop. Fact of life. I've embraced it.

Hows about, I take the $20 I saved and pick you up a blue dolphin.

You're welcome.
    That's not entirely true about the WOW thing, personally I hate RPGs with a passion - but I love this game. I think I've got over 100 hours in on it already - mostly all of which is from 10pm to 3am.

And that is some fine Couponing son, a fellow cheapskate like myself nearly welled up reading it.

That's not entirely true about the WOW thing, personally I hate RPGs with a passion - but I love this game. I think I've got over 100 hours in on it already - mostly all of which is from 10pm to 3am.
    It's the few guys that say things like this that make me want to nab it... It's tough to pull me away from MW3 so we'll see how good this game really is today...

And that is some fine Couponing son, a fellow cheapskate like myself nearly welled up reading it.
    LOL! Thank you.

Jets Insider VIP

I just checked my save file yesterday...113 hours.

This game is consuming me.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's the few guys that say things like this that make me want to nab it... It's tough to pull me away from MW3 so we'll see how good this game really is today...

LOL! Thank you.
    Skyrim blows MW3 away (I have both), and I say that as an unabashed FPS guy who still plays Couterstrike religiously. You won't be sorry if you start playing it.

Side note, I am still working on building up my speech to start investing in shops to unload my loot. I need to pass level 29 to get another chance to upgrade speech, so...Also, I have completely f00ked up anything in Markath as the guards wouldn't leave me alone even after completing the mine quest, so J'Zargo kept fighting with them. Deaths were unavoidable, but I can't kill the priniciples (Jarl, assistants etc), so I am at an impasse. Maybe it will straighten out when I reload.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Skyrim blows MW3 away (I have both), and I say that as an unabashed FPS guy who still plays Couterstrike religiously. You won't be sorry if you start playing it.

Side note, I am still working on building up my speech to start investing in shops to unload my loot. I need to pass level 29 to get another chance to upgrade speech, so...Also, I have completely f00ked up anything in Markath as the guards wouldn't leave me alone even after completing the mine quest, so J'Zargo kept fighting with them. Deaths were unavoidable, but I can't kill the priniciples (Jarl, assistants etc), so I am at an impasse. Maybe it will straighten out when I reload.

And what pray tell, did you defile in Markath that has caused all of this?
    If you start the Thieves Guild Quests in Riften you'll have access to a fence that will buy all of your stolen crap.

Btw, J'Zargo is a pompous self-centered jerk - you hired that guy?

Jets Insider VIP

LOL! Thank you.
    I had a feeling that I would be playing this more so at the last minute I held off from picking up MW3. Don't know if you ever played Fallout 3 or not, but that is what got me hooked - Bethesda did so much of what I liked that I knew Skyrim would be a good fit. Also I never played Oblivion but I wanted to, it's not a pre-req from playing Skyrim...

Jets Insider VIP
    And what pray tell, did you defile in Markath that has caused all of this?
    If you start the Thieves Guild Quests in Riften you'll have access to a fence that will buy all of your stolen crap.

Btw, J'Zargo is a pompous self-centered jerk - you hired that guy?
    I think it's just a bug that festered out of control, to be honest. I already bought a house there, too.

I don't need a fence, I need a shop owner with enough money. If I invest, the Riverwood Trader will always have 10k.

J'Zargo was pretty good. He is now an ex-Khajiit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I think it's just a bug that festered out of control, to be honest. I already bought a house there, too.

I don't need a fence, I need a shop owner with enough money. If I invest, the Riverwood Trader will always have 10k.

J'Zargo was pretty good. He is now an ex-Khajiit.

I lost Lydia somewhere, some dungeon or cave somehwhere. I gave up waiting so I hired Jenassa in Whiterun, After what seemed like 10 game days later, I show up at my house at Breezehome in the middle of the night to unload stuff from several days of looting and stealing.

I head upstairs and Lydia is waiting for me like some stalker ex-girlfriend. Creeped me the **** out .

"I am sworn to carry your burdens...."