Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Some folks just can't help themselves. Predictable as the day is long.

Incoming "Sci-Fi Readers are Cryto-Liberal Bible-Analog Reading Drug Smoking Hippie Democrat Scum" in 3...2...1....
    I love sci-fi and fantasy books and movies. I love video games. I read tech blogs. To all those that don't like it.. Hate on *****es!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Some folks just can't help themselves. Predictable as the day is long.

Incoming "Sci-Fi Readers are Cryto-Liberal Bible-Analog Reading Drug Smoking Hippie Democrat Scum" in 3...2...1....

I just get tired of the of whole 'dateless wonder forever alone' nerd stigma that is attached to video games and or gaming in general. I play at least 10 hours a week (sometimes more) - and yet, I still manage to hold down a job and raise my children.

Gaming is more mainstream now than ever - especially now with the sheer number of games on Apple and Android devices (yes, those count as games too.)

My wife makes fun of me and gamers in general, as I'm booting up Fallout:New Vegas for the 10,000th time.....as she struggles to keep up with her 30 different games of 'Words With Friends'

So I whispered into her ear "You're playing a game right now...the subject matter is irrelevant."

She had no comeback.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So I whispered into her ear "You're playing a game right now...the subject matter is irrelevant."

She had no comeback.

See...you're lucky. I would say that...and think for a brief moment that I had scored the game winner...but it would only be the opening salvo in a much more nastier war. She would parlay that comment into a different argument altogether. Then I'm having two arguments when I thought I had just ended one.

-

She had no comeback.
    Did you get the sex? If not, that may have been the comeback...

I just get tired of the of whole 'dateless wonder forever alone' nerd stigma that is attached to video games and or gaming in general. I play at least 10 hours a week (sometimes more) - and yet, I still manage to hold down a job and raise my children.
    Agreed. I'm in my late 30's now, play ~10-15 hours a week myself (almost exclusively after my wife goes to sleep, we have different awake hours, she's up early, I stay up late), and have been happily married/together for almost 16 years. The entire length of time I've been single since I turned 15 or so.....about a week.

I'm an appropriately compensated well-educated professional. While I have few friends outside the online world, thats my choice and suits my personality.

Gaming is more mainstream now than ever - especially now with the sheer number of games on Apple and Android devices (yes, those count as games too.)
    Agreed. Best to ignore some folks (literally, with the sites ignore feature) because they're not here to be a part of our community, they are here to be *******s, pure and simple. So **** um, frankly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Haven't posted to this thread in a bit.
    What's everyone playing? I have been consumed by Far Cry3 for the last few months, holding me over until the Skyrim DLC comes out for the PS3 on the 12th & 20th.

Also has anyone played Hotline Miami on the PC? Thoughts? Definitely looks twisted...

Haven't posted to this thread in a bit.
    What's everyone playing? I have been consumed by Far Cry3 for the last few months, holding me over until the Skyrim DLC comes out for the PS3 on the 12th & 20th.

Also has anyone played Hotline Miami on the PC? Thoughts? Definitely looks twisted...
    Dominating at Halo 4 still. I don't find myself enjoying single player games like I used to. Depressing.

**NERD ALERT** Regardless of how ghey some might think this game looks I think it looks amazing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...e-witch-review

Also finally picked up a new controller after years of beating the **** out of my Xbox 360 originals that I had. I think it is way superior due to the new texture on the analog sticks and general surface as well as the adjustable dpad. That or maybe it's just that the buttons work properly again. That said the grey/black buttons are hawt.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/11/...troller-review

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Dominating at Halo 4 still. I don't find myself enjoying single player games like I used to. Depressing.

**NERD ALERT** Regardless of how ghey some might think this game looks I think it looks amazing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...e-witch-review

Also finally picked up a new controller after years of beating the **** out of my Xbox 360 originals that I had. I think it is way superior due to the new texture on the analog sticks and general surface as well as the adjustable dpad. That or maybe it's just that the buttons work properly again. That said the grey/black buttons are hawt.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2010/11/...troller-review

The whole thread is a nerd alert, no need to make it worse.
    So I had heard great reviews about Ni No Kuni, is that a classic turn-based RPG?

The whole thread is a nerd alert, no need to make it worse.
    So I had heard great reviews about Ni No Kuni, is that a classic turn-based RPG?
    It's a mix of real time combat and turn based. You capture creatures to add to your arsenal as well so really combat is a mix of all the Japanese staples.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    It's a mix of real time combat and turn based. You capture creatures to add to your arsenal as well so really combat is a mix of all the Japanese staples.
    Will give it a shot - Ive heard some say that its almost like a 3d version of Pokemon, which was way past my window and never had any desire to find out what all the fuss was about.

Back to Hotline Miami, if you don't play this game, the soundtrack alone is ****ing awesome. Definitely harkens back to the 80s Miami disco coke sound, ala Scarface. I haven't even played this game yet and I already love it.

http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Hotline+Miami/81607525

Was plying Skyrim. Now me and my gf are playing Guild Wars 2...

Jets Insider VIP
    Dead Space 3, deeks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Dead Space 3, deeks.
    I have yet to play that franchise. Probably crap my pantaloons in the process.

Been on a pretty big Black Ops 2 kick lately... I'm a sucker for FPS'...

Hall Of Fame
    I bought Black Ops when it came out and still haven't opened it. Dead Space 3 came the other day. If we don't lose power I am going to be putting in some long hours this weekend!!!

FIFA13... still.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I bought Black Ops when it came out and still haven't opened it. Dead Space 3 came the other day. If we don't lose power I am going to be putting in some long hours this weekend!!!
    Oh no doubt, with nothing planned and nowhere to go tomorrow, thats what I plan on doing. Well, not with DS3 though, probably Far Cry3.

The advertisement of being 'Skyrim with guns' is actually somewhat accurate, though they made that comment tongue in cheek. It really is an amazing game, I wish they made parts of it more realistic feeling.

I dont like how sometimes they make it too easy for you to find supplies, relics, loot chests, etc. But on the other hand everything else is spot ****ing on. To hearing a rusty shock when you're driving a jeep, or the animations of the wildlife in the game is incredible. Definitely a lot of fun.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    FIFA13... still.
    There's no shame in that. It's what moves you. Hell I did Skyrim for an entire year, almost every night. Ok well not every night, but pretty consistently.

Still my favorites would have to be Fallout3 & Fallout:New Vegas. Just started my third playthrough on FNV.

All Pro
    NBA 2K13. Was hoping to kill time till GTA V but....delayed till September