Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I have yet to play that franchise. Probably crap my pantaloons in the process.
    Yah. I play it at night with all of the lights off. Game will freak you the f*ck out.

Definitely worth the 60 bucks!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Yah. I play it at night with all of the lights off. Game will freak you the f*ck out.

Definitely worth the 60 bucks!
    I've been wanting to jump into this game, do you suggest going through the first 2 or just jump into 3?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I've been wanting to jump into this game, do you suggest going through the first 2 or just jump into 3?
    Definitely do the first 2.

And make sure to disable the music in the options settings. The music will sometimes change and clue you into when something is about to happen. Much more fun when you don't see it coming.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have yet to play that franchise. Probably crap my pantaloons in the process.
    The first one was probably the scariest game I've played since the original Resident Evil.

Jets Insider VIP
    I kinda wanna play the new Aliens: Colonial Marines game. It'll probably suck, but Aliens is one of my all-time favorite movies. Plus, it has to be better than those sh*tastic Alien vs Predator games.

I know a lot of people are excited about the new GTA. All I can say is I hope they've made some big changes. I don't see why Rockstar can make these huge, sprawling cities but I can only go inside 8-10 buildings in the entire game. If the guys at Bethesda can let me go anywhere and do whatever I want, then why can't the guys at Rockstar? I'm also getting tired of the same repetitive missions. Drive from point A to point B, shoot some guy, then drive back to point A.

Personally, I would've been a lot more excited about a new Red Dead game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I kinda wanna play the new Aliens: Colonial Marines game. It'll probably suck, but Aliens is one of my all-time favorite movies. Plus, it has to be better than those sh*tastic Alien vs Predator games.

I know a lot of people are excited about the new GTA. All I can say is I hope they've made some big changes. I don't see why Rockstar can make these huge, sprawling cities but I can only go inside 8-10 buildings in the entire game. If the guys at Bethesda can let me go anywhere and do whatever I want, then why can't the guys at Rockstar? I'm also getting tired of the same repetitive missions. Drive from point A to point B, shoot some guy, then drive back to point A.

Personally, I would've been a lot more excited about a new Red Dead game.
    Speaking of Bethesda, here's to hoping they announce something soon about Fallout 4. It's time, im hoping for E3.

Also The Elder Scrolls Online looks incredible. Absolutely stunning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJTsq2XeKY

Jets Insider VIP
    Been awhile since anyone posted in here, so I will, and a hearty LOLGFY to the lot of you.

Traded in a bunch of stuff and finally picked up Bioshock Infinite.
    Damn, what a game and a story. I think I finished the game in less than a week, just so I could finally get to the ending.

Highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the franchise.

Practice Squad
    Been awhile since anyone posted in here, so I will, and a hearty LOLGFY to the lot of you.

Traded in a bunch of stuff and finally picked up Bioshock Infinite.
    Damn, what a game and a story. I think I finished the game in less than a week, just so I could finally get to the ending.

Highly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the franchise.
    I'm surprised you have time to do anything the amount of time you are posting on here.

I will give a shout out to Mafia 2, I know its an oldie but, I grabbed a copy cheap and played it out.

Max Payne 3 is also a good shout. Its limited compared to other Rockstar games but a great story.

Finally, last year i grabbed a copy of Red Dead Redemption. I thought GTA was the best game ever but it does not even scratch on this game. The most complete game I have ever played.

Currently playing "War Thunder", a multiplayer PvP WWII Flight Combat game.

My Hurricanes, Spitfires and Typhoons are taking care of the Villanous Hun.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Currently playing "War Thunder", a multiplayer PvP WWII Flight Combat game.

My Hurricanes, Spitfires and Typhoons are taking care of the Villanous Hun.

War Thunder, War Horse, War Fish. Always with the war with you.

Looks pretty cool. I've been fiending to play something MP. After 12+ years, Valve has finally made Counter-strike completely unappealing to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    I'm surprised you have time to do anything the amount of time you are posting on here.

I will give a shout out to Mafia 2, I know its an oldie but, I grabbed a copy cheap and played it out.

Max Payne 3 is also a good shout. Its limited compared to other Rockstar games but a great story.

Finally, last year i grabbed a copy of Red Dead Redemption. I thought GTA was the best game ever but it does not even scratch on this game. The most complete game I have ever played.
    To be fair, I don't post that much on weekends.

Haven't played Red Dead but it's on my list to pick up.

There is a Rockstar bundle that includes that game, LA Noire, and another title that escapes me at the moment, which I've been meaning to check out as well.

Bewildered Beast
    I have the original PlayStation I bought the kids; NFL98; Crash Bandicoot and Twisted Metal. I would play Twisted Metal for hours with them; they beat the crap out of me and I didn't mind. I had never seen anything like that before.

Practice Squad
    To be fair, I don't post that much on weekends.

Haven't played Red Dead but it's on my list to pick up.

There is a Rockstar bundle that includes that game, LA Noire, and another title that escapes me at the moment, which I've been meaning to check out as well.
    Don't hold off on Red Dead like I did, you are missing out.

The work they put into it was mind blowing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEsknPy5rvg

L.A Noire is worth playing but very simplistic and L.A feels too empty for such a huge map.

Jets Insider VIP
    Don't hold off on Red Dead like I did, you are missing out.

The work they put into it was mind blowing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEsknPy5rvg

L.A Noire is worth playing but very simplistic and L.A feels too empty for such a huge map.
    I agree, it's definitely on my list to pick up - frankly I've logged an insane amount of hours into Skyrim the past year but I think its time to move on; however its a title that for me I will never tire of playing, just like Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas.

Jets Insider VIP
    I just bought an Alienware Win8 box with a pretty decent NVidia card, but I'm thinking about buying the Half Life suite from Steam. I never finished Opposing Force or even purchased HL2.

2 best moments in FPS history:

1. The original Unreal. You wander into that hallway, the lights go out, you hear a door opening, and those freaking monsters coming ripping out at you.

2. The first time you encounter head crabs in Half Life. One comes flying right at your face with those nasty teeth. Try playing that in the dark!

We should all agree on one game, run a server, and shoot each other repeatedly. Would be good for some lolz...

All Pro
    Easily one of my favorite games. It is so complete from the standpoint of the story, the gameplay and even the soundtrack. In fact, I thought the soundtrack was so good, I found a copy online and downloaded it.

On the other hand, don't even bother with LA Noire...it's nothing more than a bunch of prompts. In fact, I think I finally just bailed on it before I got to the end, it was that boring.

Jets Insider VIP
    Right now I am playing Luigi's mansion on the 3ds w/ my 7 year old. its sick.

I am still playing a lot of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Easily one of my favorite games. It is so complete from the standpoint of the story, the gameplay and even the soundtrack. In fact, I thought the soundtrack was so good, I found a copy online and downloaded it.
    Wow I didn't know there was an OST, I'm looking.

I own more games than I have time on my hands Fish. But I am a teacher and have the summer coming up

I have Skyrim and all the Fallout games but have not had time to play them yet.

I just built a new rig for half the price of an Alienware rig and its runs everygame on max, I can run two games at once sometimes if they arn't too graphics heavy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post

On the other hand, don't even bother with LA Noire...it's nothing more than a bunch of prompts. In fact, I think I finally just bailed on it before I got to the end, it was that boring.
    Wow I didn't know there was an OST, I'm looking.

I own more games than I have time on my hands Fish. But I am a teacher and have the summer coming up

I have Skyrim and all the Fallout games but have not had time to play them yet.

I just built a new rig for half the price of an Alienware rig and its runs everygame on max, I can run two games at once sometimes if they arn't too graphics heavy.

You don't even have to look for the OST.
    Find the tracks/OST on YouTube - trust me, they are all there. I did the same thing for the Skyrim soundtrack (which is incredible, by the way).

Download this - it's free, and spyware free -

http://www.mediahuman.com/youtube-to-mp3-converter/

Copy the Youtube URLs and paste them into this application, it strips out the mp3s - its where I get most of my music these days.

Also I would start off with Fallout 3 first if you're new to it - regardless of which you choose, you will most likely sink a lot of hours into either one - you have been warned.