Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You don't even have to look for the OST.
    Find the tracks/OST on YouTube - trust me, they are all there. I did the same thing for the Skyrim soundtrack (which is incredible, by the way).

Download this - it's free, and spyware free -

http://www.mediahuman.com/youtube-to-mp3-converter/

Copy the Youtube URLs and paste them into this application, it strips out the mp3s - its where I get most of my music these days.

Also I would start off with Fallout 3 first if you're new to it - regardless of which you choose, you will most likely sink a lot of hours into either one - you have been warned.
    Bookmarked, I am sure it will come in handy

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    We should all agree on one game, run a server, and shoot each other repeatedly. Would be good for some lolz...
    Playing Team Fortress 2 whilst utilizing a Ventrilo channel with guys from teh Hampur would be epically hilarious.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Playing Team Fortress 2 whilst utilizing a Ventrilo channel with guys from teh Hampur would be epically hilarious.
    Ever play Quake Soccer? Based on Quake 2. Add beer. Hilarity ensues.

Or

Half Life Deathmatch, crowbars, proximity mines, and head crabs only. Sure it takes a long time to finish one map, but you'll die laughing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Ever play Quake Soccer? Based on Quake 2. Add beer. Hilarity ensues.

Or

Half Life Deathmatch, crowbars, proximity mines, and head crabs only. Sure it takes a long time to finish one map, but you'll die laughing.
    Sounds like a lot of fun....if I ever join the PC master race, I'd love it.

Before they started cracking down on fun in the workplace with security measures ( ), one of our lan admins had installed Counter Striike & Unreal Tournament on a work server. Pretty much every day we'd play for hours and no one could figure out why we were cursing and laughing out load all the time. Our boss was clueless...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a lot of fun....if I ever join the PC master race, I'd love it.

Before they started cracking down on fun in the workplace with security measures ( ), one of our lan admins had installed Counter Striike & Unreal Tournament on a work server. Pretty much every day we'd play for hours and no one could figure out why we were cursing and laughing out load all the time. Our boss was clueless...
    us too, but our bosses played also. I got bonus points on my review for teaching my boss's boss how to do shock rifle combos in UT. A highly marketable and sought-after skill.

got a sub for Steam? buy UT, install it on your home PC, and I'll look into running a server!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    us too, but our bosses played also. I got bonus points on my review for teaching my boss's boss how to do shock rifle combos in UT. A highly marketable and sought-after skill.

got a sub for Steam? buy UT, install it on your home PC, and I'll look into running a server!
    UGh, hated the shock rifle. My favorite was using the alt-fire for the missile launcher & flak cannon.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since I don't feel like looking my my Skyrim thread, the Legendary Edition comes out next week. Check out how big the guide is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's looking like "The Last of Us" is gonna be my next game, looks pretty sick:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...ir-in-paradise

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "The Last of Us" gets a "10/masterpiece" review at IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...t-of-us-review

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    It's looking like "The Last of Us" is gonna be my next game, looks pretty sick:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...ir-in-paradise
    It looks tits

Maybe it'll turn out to be the game many of us thought Dead Island would be after the initial trailer.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    "The Last of Us" gets a "10/masterpiece" review at IGN:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...t-of-us-review
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It looks tits

Maybe it'll turn out to be the game many of us thought Dead Island would be after the initial trailer.

The gameplay trailers Ive seen have been excellent, but personally I don't like 'forced stealth' in videogames. Mainly because I suck at it. Also those things will give me the heebie jeebies.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch Dogs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good article on the the Xbox One and game ownership

If I was ever considering a MS console.....I certainly never will now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ts-us-to-smile

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good article on the the Xbox One and game ownership

If I was ever considering a MS console.....I certainly never will now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ts-us-to-smile
    I'll never buy another system made by Microsoft.

Had three of the 360's get that "red ring of death" bullsh*t.

After the 3rd time, I said screw it and bought a PS3. Haven't had a single problem with it in the almost 4 years that I've had it.

Also, the Sony exclusives sh*t on the XBOX exclusives IMO.

I don't really care for first person shooters (they're all the same to me with the exception of the Bioshock games). And what are the big exclusives for Microsoft? Halo and Gears of War? I was tired of those games almost 10 years ago.

Compare that to Sony which has the Metal Gear franchise, Uncharted, etc.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'll never buy another system made by Microsoft.

Had three of the 360's get that "red ring of death" bullsh*t.

After the 3rd time, I said screw it and bought a PS3. Haven't had a single problem with it in the almost 4 years that I've had it.

Also, the Sony exclusives sh*t on the XBOX exclusives IMO.

I don't really care for first person shooters (they're all the same to me with the exception of the Bioshock games). And what are the big exclusives for Microsoft? Halo and Gears of War? I was tired of those games almost 10 years ago.

Compare that to Sony which has the Metal Gear franchise, Uncharted, etc.
    The only thing that made me even think of getting a 360 is because of the issues I was having on the PS3 with Skyrim - I love that game so much I'd switch systems for it.

But in the end, it didn't make any sense to do so.
    I've owned the PS1, PS2, and PS3, and out of all those systems I only had one die on me. PLus I'm not really into multiplayer anymore (COD pretty much ruined that for me) and most of the games I spend time on are all single-player. No sense in doling out 60.00 a year for XBL.

The exclusives don't bother me that much - altho if something like Fallout 4 were a XB1 exclusive I might have to get the system, but I dont see that happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be hilarious if PS4 had the same restrictions as XBOX. I don't think anyone can make a fully educated decision til next week after E3.

However, as an owner of 360 and PS3, I think what Fish was alluding to was a fact. If you enjoy single player gaming PS4 will probably have the better exclusives that kick ass in single player. XBOX, to me, is the vastly better online experience so much so that $60 is easily worth it per year. Everything about XBOX Live kills PSN in my opinion. We'll have to see what Sony has up their sleeve for online play, but XBOX makes that their #1 priority it seems. The biggest leg up for me for XBOX is I vastly prefer their controllers. The new PS4 one looks a lot better, but the XBOX ONE controller looks amazing. Also, I simply prefer the left analog on the top, but I'm sure some prefer it where Sony has it.

All that said I will be buying both because XBOX online and Sony single player are just too good to pass up. Sadly no Zelda for me this generation as the WiiU was a great idea with horrific execution.

Final note: I think the television stuff by XBOX is underrated. Everyone likes to make fun of it because it's supposed to be a "hardcore gaming system" but I enjoy watching TV AND playing games. I love the stuff they have planned for live sporting events that you can do overlaid on the screen. My favorite little feature though has to be switching to live TV in under a second. Changing inputs right now feels like we're in 1992.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    It would be hilarious if PS4 had the same restrictions as XBOX. I don't think anyone can make a fully educated decision til next week after E3.

However, as an owner of 360 and PS3, I think what Fish was alluding to was a fact. If you enjoy single player gaming PS4 will probably have the better exclusives that kick ass in single player. XBOX, to me, is the vastly better online experience so much so that $60 is easily worth it per year. Everything about XBOX Live kills PSN in my opinion. We'll have to see what Sony has up their sleeve for online play, but XBOX makes that their #1 priority it seems. The biggest leg up for me for XBOX is I vastly prefer their controllers. The new PS4 one looks a lot better, but the XBOX ONE controller looks amazing. Also, I simply prefer the left analog on the top, but I'm sure some prefer it where Sony has it.

All that said I will be buying both because XBOX online and Sony single player are just too good to pass up. Sadly no Zelda for me this generation as the WiiU was a great idea with horrific execution.

Final note: I think the television stuff by XBOX is underrated. Everyone likes to make fun of it because it's supposed to be a "hardcore gaming system" but I enjoy watching TV AND playing games. I love the stuff they have planned for live sporting events that you can do overlaid on the screen. My favorite little feature though has to be switching to live TV in under a second. Changing inputs right now feels like we're in 1992.

Agree completely. The only thing that can save MS from a public relations disaster is if they knock it out of the park at E3. A lot of their 'exclusives' seem to be Kinect2 related, which not many are a fan of, at least not the hardcore gamers. I would totally get one mainly for my kids, because its a lot more fun than the Wii which is collecting dust.

The 'always on' or rather 'connect once a day' to the internet is complete and total BS though. Will it essentially 'lock' your system if you can't connect, or simply not connect you to XBL?

http://penny-arcade.com/report/artic...ed-about-yours

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post

this is why you don't have a job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    this is why you don't have a job.
    this is why ur top ten.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not one of you dorks has commented on any of the new gams or announcements at E3 yet? For shame.....I guess that makes me the King Dork

ANyway there's a ****load of new stories out there so find them yourself

What did everyone think of MS's announcements?

The Sony presser begins in a few minutes...

http://us.playstation.com/