Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The PS4 looks f*cking sweet

And once again, the "big exclusives" from Microsoft are first person shooters. Surprise, another Halo game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was hoping we'd get some Fallout 4 news

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    ****ing TESO, was not expecting that. !!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the PS4 just announced NO RESTRICTIONS on used games!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    ****ing TESO, was not expecting that. !!!!

F*ck buying a top end PC

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the PS4 just announced NO RESTRICTIONS on used games!
    Microsoft screwed up bigtime with this goofy ass decision.

Not only can you not borrow a game from a buddy, but how the hell does this effect people with subscriptions to stuff like Gamefly?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

F*ck buying a top end PC
    Microsoft screwed up bigtime with this goofy ass decision.

Not only can you not borrow a game from a buddy, but how the hell does this effect people with subscriptions to stuff like Gamefly?
    Wow...and 399.00 - 100.00 less than the XB1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    I give MS about 48 hours before they try to backtrack on their used game approach.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I give MS about 48 hours before they try to backtrack on their used game approach.
    Not only that, but the 'always on' connecting to the internet BS is a joke.

Frankly the console looks almost exactly like a XB1, except slanted.

Anyway, hell they won this as soon as they said no pricing on used games....knocked it out of the park.

Hell the PS3 was 599.00 brand new in 2005; and MS undercut them big time. The PS3 had a small number of games at launch, and it lagged behind ever since.

'Destiny' looks just amazing....prety obvious that it is Sony's real answer to the Halo franchise.

So excited right now, don't care how many people call me a nerd.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So excited right now, don't care how many people call me a nerd.
    Wouldn't call you a nerd, just an overzealous fan boy currently...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And it's easily the more powerful system with (IMO) the much better exclusive titles.

Sony is saying "We don't give a sh*t if we take a profit loss, we're more interested in re-establishing ourselves as the king of gaming".

I'm loving this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    And it's easily the more powerful system with (IMO) the much better exclusive titles.

Sony is saying "We don't give a sh*t if we take a profit loss, we're more interested in re-establishing ourselves as the king of gaming".

I'm loving this.
    It does sound promising. Sony was the king of everything, then the king of nothing, now maybe starting to focus and get at least one product category right!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    It does sound promising. Sony was the king of everything, then the king of nothing, now maybe starting to focus and get at least one product category right!
    Yep

Back in the day, they owned everything in electronics.

TV's, stereo systems, game systems, etc.

After today, I'd be shocked if they don't rule this generation of game consoles with an iron fist.

Sales of the WiiU have been sh*tastic and the XBOX ONE doesn't seem like it has much of a chance after the info that has come to fruition over the past few hours.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i may be alone on this, but i think Xbox is going to be sweet. I preordered both the xbox and the PS4 just because i typically own both consoles...but i must say i am a lot more excited about the xbox then most people i hear talk about it (couldn't care less about the used games, or the "big brother")

check out the gameplay about 4:50min in...i think it looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5IjkQ4ziEw

BTW watch dogs is going to be a must have. if anyone hasnt seen the gameplay demo at the PS4 event today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJj9GmuNaew

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i may be alone on this, but i think Xbox is going to be sweet. I preordered both the xbox and the PS4 just because i typically own both consoles...but i must say i am a lot more excited about the xbox then most people i hear talk about it (couldn't care less about the used games, or the "big brother")

check out the gameplay about 4:50min in...i think it looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5IjkQ4ziEw

BTW watch dogs is going to be a must have. if anyone hasnt seen the gameplay demo at the PS4 event today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJj9GmuNaew
    I've owned every Playstation and XBOX system as well.

But after I had three of the 360's get that red ring crap, I gave up on Microsoft systems.

Hell, my original PS1 still runs just fine damn near 20 years later.

And as I said earlier, I just don't care for the majority of 1st person shooters and that's Microsoft's claim to fame.

They're just all the same to me.

Shoot all the bad guys, and move on to the next level. Shoot all the bad guys, and move on to the next level.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

It's beyond repetitive and tedious IMO.

Ryse looks pretty sweet, but other than that, I wasn't impressed with any of the XBOX exclusives.

The PS4 is the more powerful system (hands down), has the better exclusives IMO, and is $100 cheaper.

To me, it's a no brainer.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 06-11-2013 at 12:28 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I really wish they would've shown some exclusive video of "Deep Down".

That game looks f*cking amazing judging by the initial trailer.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Wouldn't call you a nerd, just an overzealous fan boy currently...

Really now?

Granted, I've been a loyal PS fan for years now, but nothing Microsoft has done in the last 24 hours has convinced me to buy their system.

And I was really close to buying the 360, I really was - and the only reason I was even thinking of doing so was because of the Skyrim DLC's.

However the 360 or PS3 isn't a 'fanboy' decision; it was more of a gaming lifestyle decision.

Most people who favor the 360 do so because their online gaming service via XBL is far superior to PSN's, and there are also far more people playing multiplayer games on the 360.

The majority of the games I play are single player (Skyrim, Fallout, Bioshock, etc), so why should I plunk down 60.00 for a service I don't use?

From what Ive read on other forums, the gameplay and performance on most titles is nearly identical on the 360 and PS3, so why should I bother to make the change? If my kids really wanted a Kinect to play Just Dance or Kinectimals I would get a system in a heartbeat.

If Fallout4 was a XB1 exclusive, the same would apply

All of these links I've posted in the Video Game thread (I'm the only one that posts in it lately it seems) I've yet to see a rebuttal from you or anyone else on what I have said so far is factually incorrect, so why are you calling me the fanboy?

Maybe you can try to convince me and others that what MS is trying to pull off is going to be good for gaming, and good for the consumer.

I like Microsoft, I really do, but for now they can stay in the Office, they haven't given me any reason to put them in my living room.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm loving this.
    PS4 isn't going to be taking that much of a profit loss tbh. They may be selling each PS4 at a small loss (like $10-15 each) but not the $200-300 loss per PS3 at launch.

Sony exec's said so themselves.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-launch-of-ps4

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/15...e-sold-at-loss

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've owned every Playstation and XBOX system as well.

But after I had three of the 360's get that red ring crap, I gave up on Microsoft systems.

Hell, my original PS1 still runs just fine damn near 20 years later.

And as I said earlier, I just don't care for the majority of 1st person shooters and that's Microsoft's claim to fame.

They're just all the same to me.

Shoot all the bad guys, and move on to the next level. Shoot all the bad guys, and move on to the next level.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

It's beyond repetitive and tedious IMO.

Ryse looks pretty sweet, but other than that, I wasn't impressed with any of the XBOX exclusives.

The PS4 is the more powerful system (hands down), has the better exclusives IMO, and is $100 cheaper.

To me, it's a no brainer.
    Haha you obviously never had to put your PS1 sideways so the disc would spin. Google it, that's a true story. I also had a PS3 go bad on me, and an Xbox with the RROD...nothing is perfect.

Why is playstation the more powerful system? The only spec difference is the type of RAM from what I saw. Again, XBOX is getting a bad rap.

XBOX = Geno Smith. At some point it became trendy to **** all over it, but it may shock people in practice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    PS4 isn't going to be taking that much of a profit loss tbh. They may be selling each PS4 at a small loss (like $10-15 each) but not the $200-300 loss per PS3 at launch.

Sony exec's said so themselves.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-launch-of-ps4

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/15...e-sold-at-loss
    what loss are we talking about? they make a killing on games...far bigger profit margin then anything they could imagine on the console. and now with the move to digital games...$$$