Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

wow i am totally not interested in playing my PS3...all i do is visualize the PS4 demos from E3.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    wow i am totally not interested in playing my PS3...all i do is visualize the PS4 demos from E3.
    Have you seen the "leaked" commercial of a guy using PS4 with his friends online? Though dooshy, it looks smoooooooth. My biggest problem with PS3 was that XBOX 360 kicked the crap out of it in online play and interface. (Another 40 minute update PS3!?!?!?!?!?!) However, if that commercial gives a realistic idea of what it will be like it looks freaking awesome.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTFOVQsjB0

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Have you seen the "leaked" commercial of a guy using PS4 with his friends online? Though dooshy, it looks smoooooooth. My biggest problem with PS3 was that XBOX 360 kicked the crap out of it in online play and interface. (Another 40 minute update PS3!?!?!?!?!?!) However, if that commercial gives a realistic idea of what it will be like it looks freaking awesome.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTFOVQsjB0
    lol...yeah looks smooth...not that i would ever...haha

this is funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

but i still think MS might be packing a punch with XB1

lol...yeah looks smooth...not that i would ever...haha

this is funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

but i still think MS might be packing a punch with XB1
    Yeah I mean obviously we want all three people to die, but it just shows how smooth it is bouncing between menus and sharing stuff as well as chat and downloading games remotely. Neat stuff.

Hahaha yeah saw that. Microsoft taking a big gamble they are hoping works out in the long run. Sony is soaking it up for now taking the easy brutal shots.

Full disclosure: I pre-ordered both.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Yeah I mean obviously we want all three people to die, but it just shows how smooth it is bouncing between menus and sharing stuff as well as chat and downloading games remotely. Neat stuff.

Hahaha yeah saw that. Microsoft taking a big gamble they are hoping works out in the long run. Sony is soaking it up for now taking the easy brutal shots.

Full disclosure: I pre-ordered both.
    i am going to go broke, i preordered both +

watchdogs
    madden
    nba live
    destiny
    ryse
    i hope NBA2K is a launch title, thats going to be the other one i preorder

happy birthday to me

i am very excited about the XB1, i dont share games, and i have had internet every day since i was a kid...so those things are not an issue for me.

i am going to go broke, i preordered both +

watchdogs
    madden
    nba live
    destiny
    ryse
    i hope NBA2K is a launch title, thats going to be the other one i preorder

happy birthday to me

i am very excited about the XB1, i dont share games, and i have had internet every day since i was a kid...so those things are not an issue for me.
    LOL

Yeah agreed on all Xbox points. I love the controller, halo and live too much not to buy it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Region-free, upgradeable, best graphics, sound, processing power and simply-bad-ass; PC. With Steam Big Picture, how can you go wrong?

Jets Insider VIP
    Holy sh*t this looks amazing!

Wish this was a launch game

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=O_j9u...%3DO_j9uKBmUEk

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Holy sh*t this looks amazing!

Wish this was a launch game

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=O_j9u...%3DO_j9uKBmUEk
    I'm still catching up on learning about all of the titles.....I had heard of this game but that was the first time I had gotten a chance to see it....damn, that was slick, crisp, and awesonme. Only thing that worries me is the 'Tom Clancy' name being slapped on it...I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one....

Jets Insider VIP

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I'm still catching up on learning about all of the titles.....I had heard of this game but that was the first time I had gotten a chance to see it....damn, that was slick, crisp, and awesonme. Only thing that worries me is the 'Tom Clancy' name being slapped on it...I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one....
    Thought the same at first.

Never cared for the "Ghost Recon" games, but this looks like Fallout with a sweetass online, multiplayer twist.

Supposedly, it's about a worldwide pandemic passed along banknotes and the wasteland survivors that have to scavenge through the aftermath.

Notice the little subtleties like the bullets ripping through the car windshields or the guy creeping along and shutting the car doors. That kind of small sh*t makes a world of difference.

If this truly has a reclamation of NYC/Jersey with a Fallout/Mad Max/Online multiplayer feel...then holy sh*t!

Check out and read the info on CyberPunk 2077 also.

Just found out about these games yesterday haha.

And nevermind the pissed off smilie. Typo. Haha
    Last edited by Untouchable; 06-15-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Started playing "Last of us" today, great game. I am about an hour in, and so far highly recommended.

Jets Insider VIP
    Started playing "Last of us" today, great game. I am about an hour in, and so far highly recommended.
    +1

I know guys like me and Fish were kinda pissed about the supposed "forced stealth", but you can really approach the missions anyway you like.

Incredible game so far and I'm maybe 1 1/2-2 hours in.

Either this or the upcoming GTA V are a lock for GOTY. Hands down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thought the same at first.

Never cared for the "Ghost Recon" games, but this looks like Fallout with a sweetass online, multiplayer twist.

Supposedly, it's about a worldwide pandemic passed along banknotes and the wasteland survivors that have to scavenge through the aftermath.

Notice the little subtleties like the bullets ripping through the car windshields or the guy creeping along and shutting the car doors. That kind of small sh*t makes a world of difference.

If this truly has a reclamation of NYC/Jersey with a Fallout/Mad Max/Online multiplayer feel...then holy sh*t!

Check out and read the info on CyberPunk 2077 also.

Just found out about these games yesterday haha.

And nevermind the pissed off smilie. Typo. Haha

Exactly what I was thinking. Was that a single player experience with two bots on that demo? I'm not sure, but even the voice acting seemed spot on, was really engaging to me. Add that one to my list.

+1

I know guys like me and Fish were kinda pissed about the supposed "forced stealth", but you can really approach the missions anyway you like.

Incredible game so far and I'm maybe 1 1/2-2 hours in.

Either this or the upcoming GTA V are a lock for GOTY. Hands down.
    Dammit, this type of news is going to make me go out and get it then, but goddamn do I hate games that involve being stealthy lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Sooo.....I picked up The Last Of Us and just played through the first 15 minutes.....

I have a daughter around the age of the Joel's daughter in this game....the feels, my god, the feels......

Jets Insider VIP
    Great article on the argument of the used games market - also if MS is really pushing the digital only format, then how about lowering the ****ing price?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...buy-them-used/
    Last edited by Fishooked; 06-17-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Had someone send me this, thought I'd share it here....so many memories -
    You know you are getting old when stuff you played with as a kid enters the 'museum' phase....

E3 Videogame Museum

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...t-e3/#image-19

Jets Insider VIP
    Microsoft is backpedaling...

(CNN) -- Reacting to "feedback from the Xbox community," Microsoft is appearing to reverse course and change two key components to policies for its new Xbox One video game console.

All disc-based games can be played without ever connecting online, and the 24-hour connection requirement has been dropped, according to an update to a May post concerning questions about the new device, due to be released this fall.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/g...html?hpt=hp_t2

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

Wow....amazing. Biggest backpedal ever.

I think in the court of public opinion the damage has been done.
    When they were pressed on being able to turn DRM on or off, they said something about it 'not being that simple'. Apparently it was.

I'm still getting a PS4 though

Jets Insider VIP
    Also....*sigh*

My favorite franchise is getting jerked around .
    Reports of Fallout 4 being demo'd behind closed doors turned out to be bs.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/19/444...uts-e3-absence