Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1151

Thread: The Video Game thread

  1. #381
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,133
    Microsoft must be full of a bunch of f*cking idiots.

    Who was the smart guy who thought the mandatory 24 hour check ins and the inability to play used games was a good move that would appeal to consumers in the first place?

    Look at the forums on places like Gamespot.

    People who were die hard X-BOX fanboys have totally shifted to Sony.

    Like Fish said, the damage has already been done in the eyes of the consumer. This lame ass backpedaling won't do much to change the public perception.

  2. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Microsoft must be full of a bunch of f*cking idiots.

    Who was the smart guy who thought the mandatory 24 hour check ins and the inability to play used games was a good move that would appeal to consumers in the first place?

    Look at the forums on places like Gamespot.

    People who were die hard X-BOX fanboys have totally shifted to Sony.

    Like Fish said, the damage has already been done in the eyes of the consumer. This lame ass backpedaling won't do much to change the public perception.
    did people stop driving toyotas? i am willing to bet that the number of toyotas being sold today, is damn close to the number that was being sold prior to their recall disaster.

    it comes down to the product. If MS hits on the product, and their vision comes to fruition then noone will care that they originaly wanted to do this stuff.

    personaly, i think that new xbox will be a kick ass platform, i am excited about it...even more now then before with the DRM stuff (which was dumb, but i didnt care much about).

  3. #383
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,133
    To each his own.

    I personally don't see the big draw with the new XBOX.

    Unless you're a huge Halo fan and/or absolutely love first person shooter games (I don't really care for either), then I just don't see why you would favor paying an extra $100 for an inferior game system.

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Microsoft must be full of a bunch of f*cking idiots.

    Who was the smart guy who thought the mandatory 24 hour check ins and the inability to play used games was a good move that would appeal to consumers in the first place?

    Look at the forums on places like Gamespot.

    People who were die hard X-BOX fanboys have totally shifted to Sony.

    Like Fish said, the damage has already been done in the eyes of the consumer. This lame ass backpedaling won't do much to change the public perception.
    The forums of places like Gamespot are filled with angry 12 year olds. PS4 is definitely beating XBOX One in pre-orders, but XBOX seems to be doing just fine. I don't understand the hate if you were already ordering a PS4 to begin with? There are VIOLENTLY angry fanboys destroying Microsoft when they were never going to buy the system anyway. I totally agree that their marketing people are full of ****tards. They never took the time to flesh out the features that this allowed and backpedaled before people even understood them. The whole marketing department should be fired. Especially after their TV only press conference when they have the best exclusives Microsoft has ever had.

    I am sad they had to reverse their policy. Like it or not the future is digital games and there will have to checks to make sure they are legit a la the system STEAM already employs. With the death of the DRM is also the death of the family sharing and playing your games at friends' houses. I never buy or sell my games so it didn't really effect me. I think a compromise of allowing physical games to be played offline and making downloads only played with the 24 hour check would have been good, but oh well. The future is delayed.

    Full disclosure: I pre-ordered both. I was hoping XBOX would be different than PS4. Now they are extremely similar again.

  5. #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    To each his own.

    I personally don't see the big draw with the new XBOX.

    Unless you're a huge Halo fan and/or absolutely love first person shooter games (I don't really care for either), then I just don't see why you would favor paying an extra $100 for an inferior game system.
    can we just say that the fact that the system is inferior is your opinion? forget the fact that you have no clue about the software running on each, even the hardware differences are mirky at best in terms of benchmarks. if the haters keep saying it, it wont become true.

  6. #386
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,106
    It's a shame that as a result of the DRM being axed, one of the cooler features on the XB1 was the family sharing thing; apparently they had an hour long demo planned just for that feature alone.

    Anyways, I post a lot of stuff about the PS4 because frankly, is the platform I've owned for years, despite its shortcomings at times. I wouldn't say loyal is the word....just...familiar, I guess.

    If MS was trying to make me switch consoles....then no way in hell I"d do it. Who knows, Sony could slap us all with DRM a year from now, we just don't know.

    All I know is that I wont have time to play all of these games.

  7. #387
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,133
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    can we just say that the fact that the system is inferior is your opinion? forget the fact that you have no clue about the software running on each, even the hardware differences are mirky at best in terms of benchmarks. if the haters keep saying it, it wont become true.
    The PS4 hardware is more impressive than the XBOX One's.

    Just as the PS3 was/is more powerful than the 360.

    It's not opinion, it's fact.

    I could understand why the majority of consumers (myself included) originally opted for the 360 over the PS3.

    $400 vs $600 and the 360 initially had way more games, mainly due to being released a year before the PS3.

    But had I known that there was going to be some bullsh*t "red ring" pandemic that effected about 95% of 360 owners (multiple times), I would've just plunked down the extra $200 from the start.

    As I said before, if you're a big Halo fan, a big first person shooter fan, or play a sh*tload of online games...then Microsoft may be more appealing to you.

    But if you mostly play single player games (The Elder Scrolls series, Fallout series, Uncharted series, Metal Gear series, Mass Effect series, etc) then Sony offers the better experience by far IMO.

    Sony has basically dedicated themselves to gaming while Microsoft continues to push the "social media" angle. Wow, I can skype while I play Metal Gear? Whoopty sh*t. That might appeal to some, but I couldn't care less about it.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 06-21-2013 at 08:50 PM.

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    The PS4 hardware is more impressive than the XBOX One's.

    Just as the PS3 was/is more powerful than the 360.

    It's not opinion, it's fact.

    I could understand why the majority of consumers (myself included) originally opted for the 360 over the PS3.

    $400 vs $600 and the 360 initially had way more games, mainly due to being released a year before the PS3.

    But had I known that there was going to be some bullsh*t "red ring" pandemic that effected about 95% of 360 owners (multiple times), I would've just plunked down the extra $200 from the start.

    As I said before, if you're a big Halo fan, a big first person shooter fan, or play a sh*tload of online games...then Microsoft may be more appealing to you.

    But if you mostly play single player games (The Elder Scrolls series, Fallout series, Uncharted series, Metal Gear series, Mass Effect series, etc) then Sony offers the better experience by far IMO.

    Sony has basically dedicated themselves to gaming while Microsoft continues to push the "social media" angle. Wow, I can skype while I play Metal Gear? Whoopty sh*t. That might appeal to some, but I couldn't care less about it.
    You obviously don't let facts get in the way of your boner for Sony lol

  9. #389
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,133
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    You obviously don't let facts get in the way of your boner for Sony lol
    Don't have a boner for Sony at all.

    I, as a consumer, simply go where the better value is presented.

    Let's see...I can get the more powerful game system with the better single player experience (which I prefer) in addition to the better exclusive titles (IMO) and doesn't have any kind of history of dicking it's consumers up and down with some kind of inexplicable bug that takes 5 years to fix.

    Oh, and it costs $100 less.

    Hmmm, who should I go with?

    I'm not a fanboy. I don't pledge my allegiance to any company that I don't personally gain from.

    And as of right now, I gain more for less from Sony than I do from Microsoft...simple economics.

    So yeah, damn me all to hell for siding with Sony over Microsoft.

    The company that didn't need to make drastic overhauls within a 10 day period just to keep it's customers from jumping ship to their biggest rival in droves.

    LOL
    Last edited by Untouchable; 06-22-2013 at 01:00 AM.

  10. #390
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Don't have a boner for Sony at all.

    I, as a consumer, simply go where the better value is presented.

    Let's see...I can get the more powerful game system with the better single player experience (which I prefer) in addition to the better exclusive titles (IMO) and doesn't have any kind of history of dicking it's consumers up and down with some kind of inexplicable bug that takes 5 years to fix.

    Oh, and it costs $100 less.

    Hmmm, who should I go with?

    I'm not a fanboy. I don't pledge my allegiance to any company that I don't personally gain from.

    And as of right now, I gain more for less from Sony than I do from Microsoft...simple economics.

    So yeah, damn me all to hell for siding with Sony over Microsoft.

    The company that didn't need to make drastic overhauls within a 10 day period just to keep it's customers from jumping ship to their biggest rival in droves.

    LOL
    Here is someone with some actual facts regarding the hardware. They are basically the same. If you want to prove your point then stop repeating yourself and tell us which hardware spec is so much better on the PS4 over the Xbox.

    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/15...-specs-compare

    As speculated, both consoles have very similar hardware specs. The CPUs are virtually identical, they both have a GPU that’s derived from the Radeon 7000 series, and overall memory bandwidth is comparable between the two systems. On the software and policy side of things, the Xbox One and PS4 were initially very different, with the Xbox One requiring an always-on internet connection — but now, following Microsoft’s massive policy reversal, both consoles are essentially very similar. The Xbox One, with an HDMI input and mandatory Kinect, is more of a living room media center, but ultimately both the Xbox One and PS4 are both just higher-powered versions of their predecessors, with lots of new, internet-oriented functionality (social, streaming, etc.) added to the mix.

  11. #391
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,380
    I will also add that when you compare hardware you have to consider Kinnect 2.0 will blow away anything Sony has.

  12. #392
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I will also add that when you compare hardware you have to consider Kinnect 2.0 will blow away anything Sony has.
    Possibly, but I don't know how anyone can make these statements unless they have actually used both and compared the two. The Kinect sounds like fun, sure - but I don't like the fact that it's essentially on all the time.

  13. #393
    Need some advice. I am thinking about buying The last of Us, not sure if I would like it. I play COD and madden. I also liked GTA Vice City. Not sure if I would be into this type of game can you guys please give me your opinion on the game.
    Thanks

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Need some advice. I am thinking about buying The last of Us, not sure if I would like it. I play COD and madden. I also liked GTA Vice City. Not sure if I would be into this type of game can you guys please give me your opinion on the game.
    Thanks
    its a fun game. try uncharted...if u like that youll like this. you walk area to area and shoot/stealth kill zombies and soldiers...as you do that there is a storyline unfolding. there are also some puzzles, but i havent seen much.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Don't have a boner for Sony at all.

    I, as a consumer, simply go where the better value is presented.

    Let's see...I can get the more powerful game system with the better single player experience (which I prefer) in addition to the better exclusive titles (IMO) and doesn't have any kind of history of dicking it's consumers up and down with some kind of inexplicable bug that takes 5 years to fix.

    Oh, and it costs $100 less.

    Hmmm, who should I go with?

    I'm not a fanboy. I don't pledge my allegiance to any company that I don't personally gain from.

    And as of right now, I gain more for less from Sony than I do from Microsoft...simple economics.

    So yeah, damn me all to hell for siding with Sony over Microsoft.

    The company that didn't need to make drastic overhauls within a 10 day period just to keep it's customers from jumping ship to their biggest rival in droves.

    LOL
    everything i bolded is an opinion, you still have not told me why the PS4 is so much "more powerful". And in terms of dicking consumers around did u get your 2 free games when all you personal info was stolen?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta..._of_the_outage

    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/...eat-psn-outage

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I will also add that when you compare hardware you have to consider Kinnect 2.0 will blow away anything Sony has.
    with the Xbox its going to come down to software. They are obviously banking on this media hub thing, if they hit it...the xbox will be revolutionary and the PS4 will end up just the next get system. if they dont hit it, the PS4 will most likely continue to reign supreme as the most populate game system on the market. I expect the gaming experience to be very similar (minus kinect)

  17. #397
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    its a fun game. try uncharted...if u like that youll like this. you walk area to area and shoot/stealth kill zombies and soldiers...as you do that there is a storyline unfolding. there are also some puzzles, but i havent seen much.
    Thank you for the response, greatly appreciated

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Possibly, but I don't know how anyone can make these statements unless they have actually used both and compared the two. The Kinect sounds like fun, sure - but I don't like the fact that it's essentially on all the time.
    Let me start off by saying I despise motion control games because... well they suck and the technology is not there. However I like the balls MSoft has shown to include a Kinect with every console for one reason. The Sony eye looks great, but if you can guarantee every system has one that's when developers actually spend the money to make something great. It's a $100 more, but we'll see if the gamble pays off. Also the Kinect 2.0 is vastly better than the first. Detecting individual finger motion and rotation is sick, but the biggest thing is latency. There was a noticeable lag in the last one which makes it totally useless for gaming.

    When XBOX required every single game to use XBOX live and voice chat it was a bombshell. People didn't think it was needed etc, but that decision launched XBOX live into the best online platform ever. I'm hoping people figure out neat things to do with the Kinect now. Ideally with a controller in your hand! There is no reason to pick motion or controller over the other. Also I'm sure if you have kids they would love the basic Kinect sports etc.

    I have no problem with there being a Kinect in my living room. I just don't care. Also, there is a setting to turn it off at all times, but I'm sure for certain games you need it on.

  19. #399
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,133
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    everything i bolded is an opinion, you still have not told me why the PS4 is so much "more powerful". And in terms of dicking consumers around did u get your 2 free games when all you personal info was stolen?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta..._of_the_outage

    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/04/...eat-psn-outage
    Of course they're opinions.

    Which is exactly why I placed "which I prefer" and "IMO" next to said opinions.

    And I never said that the PS4 is "much" more powerful than the new XBOX, but yeah, it certainly has the edge. Just as the PS3 had the edge over the 360 in terms of hardware specs.

    And as I said before, I'm not an online gamer. So any problems with the Playstation Network or XBOX Live don't really effect me at all.

    Again, IMO Sony offers the better single player experience, better exclusive titles, and is more focused on the games than they are with launching a social media hub.

    And they're offering their new system at $100 dollars less than their competitor.

    So yeah, I'll be picking up a PS4.

  20. #400
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I will also add that when you compare hardware you have to consider Kinnect 2.0 will blow away anything Sony has.
    I couldn't care less about Kinnect, Playstation Move or the Wii.

    To me, it's a gimmick to get casual gamers and non-gamers more interested in gaming.

    When I come home from a 10 hour work day out in the heat and cold, I don't feel like flailing my arms all over the place to play a videogame. I want an old school, handheld controller.

    It's another turn-off for me regarding the XBOX One.

    They're essentially forcing me to pay an extra $100 bucks for something that I'm never even going to use.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us