Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    It depends what kind of shooter...COD, or something with a little more substance, like BioShock?

I'm probably not a good person to ask, since I don't buy that many games, but the ones I do I usually sink a lot of time in. Far Cry3 is a lot fun, despite the storyline of doucebag spoiled rich kids getting kidnapped for the slave trade.
    COD is my game of choice. I don't have a lot of time to play, I like to hop in, make some 12 year olds rage quit and hop off. The simplicity of it is what I prefer, to be honest.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends what kind of shooter...COD, or something with a little more substance, like BioShock?

I'm probably not a good person to ask, since I don't buy that many games, but the ones I do I usually sink a lot of time in. Far Cry3 is a lot fun, despite the storyline of doucebag spoiled rich kids getting kidnapped for the slave trade.
    I've made it known that I don't really care for 1st person shooters, but I have to admit that Battlefield 4 looks pretty damn sweet.

I pre-ordered the PS4 bundle that includes Watch Dogs, but I might pick up Battlefield on launch day as well.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've made it known that I don't really care for 1st person shooters, but I have to admit that Battlefield 4 looks pretty damn sweet.

I pre-ordered the PS4 bundle that includes Watch Dogs, but I might pick up Battlefield on launch day as well.
    I've never play the BF series....they look fun.Too much fun. To the point where I'd start blowing off work and personal responsibilities...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never play the BF series....they look fun.Too much fun. To the point where I'd start blowing off work and personal responsibilities...
    Battlefield 3 was tits

I thought the online multiplayer sh*t all over Call of Duty.

Call of Duty is basically about who has the quickest reflexes. Battlefield actually requires an element of strategy which IMO should be a heavy focal point in any war game if you ask me. If you don't work as a team and just run off on your own, you're going to get raped...royally.

It also has destructible environments, vehicles (tanks, jets, boats, etc) and WAY bigger maps than any COD game.

The sounds effects are amazing as well. The gunshots sound real as hell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Battlefield 3 was tits

I thought the online multiplayer sh*t all over Call of Duty.

Call of Duty is basically about who has the quickest reflexes. Battlefield actually requires an element of strategy which IMO should be a heavy focal point in any war game if you ask me. If you don't work as a team and just run off on your own, you're going to get raped...royally.

It also has destructible environments, vehicles (tanks, jets, boats, etc) and WAY bigger maps than any COD game.

The sounds effects are amazing as well. The gunshots sound real as hell.
    Yeah, that 30 FPS is tits lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're anything like me, you'll be afraid to play it anyway - or at least play it for long stretches.

The game does a good job of holding your hand from the beginning - meaning certain tutorials and things to do are unlocked as you progress, at least it is in 'easy' mode.

I don't know how long the actual single player campaign is, but from what I've heard it's pretty much an emotional roller coaster ride. Definitely stay away from spoilers!

Also GTAV comes out in Sept (17th)? I think so if you're on the fence you could always wait

So I got it and it's fun as hell, what a great cinematic start. already stuck though, so terrible at video games, even on easy setting. Just got the girl and can't figure out how top get out of there. Did push the car but not to the right place I guess?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Yeah, that 30 FPS is tits lol
    Yeah, vastly better than CoD IMO.

The Call of Duty games have just been the same rehashed crap for like 5 years now. No different than games like Madden, really.

I remember buying Black Ops after Modern Warfare 2 and literally the only thing that was added was a perk where you could use a little RC car that blows up on impact.

$60 for that?

I like the Battlefield franchise a lot better because it's more of a war simulation.

Call of Duty is basically an arcade shooter whose main demographic is a bunch of 10-12 year old kids who just f*ck with you the entire time.

So yes, I very much prefer the Battlefield franchise.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    So I got it and it's fun as hell, what a great cinematic start. already stuck though, so terrible at video games, even on easy setting. Just got the girl and can't figure out how top get out of there. Did push the car but not to the right place I guess?
    Cool - not sure which part you mean exactly though. You can always check Youtube for gameplay videos to pinppoint where you're stuck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

This one time I forgot I had to push up on the left stick and press X to go up the ladder lol. Make sure you don't skip ahead on those vids, spoilers galore...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool - not sure which part you mean exactly though. You can always check Youtube for gameplay videos to pinppoint where you're stuck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

This one time I forgot I had to push up on the left stick and press X to go up the ladder lol. Make sure you don't skip ahead on those vids, spoilers galore...
    Ahh, cool thanks Fish.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, vastly better than CoD IMO.

The Call of Duty games have just been the same rehashed crap for like 5 years now. No different than games like Madden, really.

I remember buying Black Ops after Modern Warfare 2 and literally the only thing that was added was a perk where you could use a little RC car that blows up on impact.

$60 for that?

I like the Battlefield franchise a lot better because it's more of a war simulation.

Call of Duty is basically an arcade shooter whose main demographic is a bunch of 10-12 year old kids who just f*ck with you the entire time.

So yes, I very much prefer the Battlefield franchise.

The last COD I enjoyed was COD:World At War; I think that was a lot of fun using the older weapons, and being able to jump into tanks on certain maps. I did play COD:Modern Warfare, but it seems like I was just getting into a groove playing it and the next thing you know MW2 is out.

Frankly I didn't feel like having to 'rank up' all over again. I mean it was fun and all, but usually I'd play without a headset, and mute out all of the little dooshbag kids in order to make it playable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prolly all the same weaponry.

I miss the BFG from Quake II. Now there was a map-clearing weapon. Funny watching people scatter trying to get away.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Prolly all the same weaponry.

I miss the BFG from Quake II. Now there was a map-clearing weapon. Funny watching people scatter trying to get away.
    Reminds me of The Redeemer from UT

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of The Redeemer from UT
    a good one also, but the BFG you always saw coming: giant energy ball coming your way, lightning flashing out and frying your ass. Really, if you had any sense, you just waited for it so you could respawn instead of trying to hide. And if you played with everyone using the Crackwhore skin pack, it looked like a bunch of strippers at a shoe sale.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The last great first person shooter was Goldeneye on N64.

Yea, I said it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    The last great first person shooter was Goldeneye on N64.

Yea, I said it.
    I'll say it was the best (sentimentally) and certainly the most innovative. Created the game engine that everyone uses these days for FPS games.

Although, after that Counter Strike and Modern Warfare have done excellent work as well.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Any LEAGUE OF LEGENDS players on JI?

Anybody here play League of Legends?

I just tried it out a few days ago. The game is really good and quite addictive once you understand the basic mechanics (especially making customized item lists).

Ryze is a good champion to start with. I'm learning Warwick now.

If you haven't tried it out I highly recommend it. Its free to play, about a 7-8Gb download iirc. Only downside is you will need a computer with a dedicated graphics card (dont think Intel HD 4000 isn't going to cut it). (WRONG... see edit below).

I recommend you get 50 win IP and/or XP boosters if you want to play it over the long term.

Also, LoL is also a HUGE part of the "esports scene". Tons and tons of LoL videos on youtube and other streaming sites.

EDIT: i was wrong. LoL will work pretty good with just an integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics card. There some gameplay videos on YT showing it (im on phone now, hard to post links).
    Last edited by houyx; 07-11-2013 at 02:54 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, I just finished The Last Of Us.

I'm still kind of in an emotional haze after playing this.
    My god, emotional investment, the tense, gripping nature of the encounters....just amazing.

Not lost on me is that the encounters with human enemies is more terrifying than battling the infected. I feel like I just finished playing a movie, not a game.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, I just finished The Last Of Us.

I'm still kind of in an emotional haze after playing this.
    My god, emotional investment, the tense, gripping nature of the encounters....just amazing.

Not lost on me is that the encounters with human enemies is more terrifying than battling the infected. I feel like I just finished playing a movie, not a game.
    I didn't play the game, I watched a few hours of TLOU gameplay on youtube. Looks like a great game, definitely deserving of all the praise it has gotten.

WARNING, SPOILER: Watching the playthrough I was a bit bummed when Tess got killed off. She was pretty damn hot. In fact I knew a chick who was exactly like her irl.... same body type, personality and clothes.
    Last edited by houyx; 07-11-2013 at 07:44 PM.