Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've decided to just put Skyrim down for good.

My save file has gotten so goddamn huge that I can't go more than 15 minutes without the game freezing on me.

Don't think there's much left for me to do anyway.

Now I'm just replaying Uncharted 3 and Hitman Absolution.
    Aye, I'm afraid mine has suffered the same fate, its around 20mb. Now I just pick it up when the kids want to go adventuring (they seriously love this game). Someday I may start a new game with a new character, but I'm done with it for awhile.

Will probably give the BioShiock Infinite DLC a try to tide me over until GTAV comes out.

Fallout3/Fallout NV > Skyrim

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I'd have to agree - the DLC for F03 & FNV is what puts it over the top for me - especially New Vegas. Skyrim really fell short in that regard - I felt it needed one more solid DLC to put it over the top...and it never came. *sigh*

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Fallout 3 I'd agree on, but not New Vegas.

New Vegas was inferior to Fallout 3 in every way except for the iron sights being equipped on guns and the ability to customize weapons.

The storyline was weaker IMO, there was hardly any variety in enemies (most of the time your fighting Radscorpions, Geckos, and Deathclaws), and it might be the single most glitchiest game I've ever played.

Jets Insider VIP
    Fallout 3 I'd agree on, but not New Vegas.

New Vegas was inferior to Fallout 3 in every way except for the iron sights being equipped on guns and the ability to customize weapons.

The storyline was weaker IMO, there was hardly any variety in enemies (most of the time your fighting Radscorpions, Geckos, and Deathclaws), and it might be the single most glitchiest game I've ever played.
    I love both but FNV definitely had the better story, if you factor in all of the DLCs, which are must play in my opinion. Actually more varieties in enemies too, with Dead Money, Old World Blues especially.

Its a shame that so much content had to be cut out from this game in order for Obsidian to make their dates imposed by Bethesda.

I just wish Bethesda would announce F04 already

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Agreed.

And after playing Skyrim and watchign a Sci-Fi flick called "The Colony", I want "Cold Weather Fallout 4" instead of "same old desert fallout 4".

Imagine, Fallout set in a Post-Apoc. Climate-Changed northern area, where the temps fell hard.

After all, it would speed up development, they certainly know how to make a pretty cold-weather open world in Skyrim.

Would make for a brilliant change of pace and story.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love both but FNV definitely had the better story, if you factor in all of the DLCs, which are must play in my opinion. Actually more varieties in enemies too, with Dead Money, Old World Blues especially.

Its a shame that so much content had to be cut out from this game in order for Obsidian to make their dates imposed by Bethesda.

Never played the DLC's for New Vegas. Played all of them for Fallout 3 and loved them all.

I just really didn't like the setting of New Vegas. An open desert with hardly anything in it and almost 1/3 of the map was blocked off by mountains.

Fallout 3 had way more of a post-apocalyptic feel to it.

Ruins of D.C. with the underground subway stations. You also had the random events that would happen. Like walking over a hill and seeing a group of Super Mutants and Raiders kicking the sh*t out of eachother. I'd just stand back and watch how it all unfolded.

To me it was just way more immersive than New Vegas. A lot of times in NV, I'd wander around for almost 15 minutes just looking for something to kill.

It just seemed way more hollow.

I'm with you on not being able to wait for Fallout 4. Can't wait to see what Bethesda is capable of on next-gen hardware.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 07-30-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I know Churchill is a big sci-fi fan like myself. And this game is sounding like it's going to be amazing.

Cyberpunk 2077

http://kotaku.com/5974963/heres-your...of-the-witcher

Jets Insider VIP
    Never played the DLC's for New Vegas. Played all of them for Fallout 3 and loved them all.

I just really didn't like the setting of New Vegas. An open desert with hardly anything in it and almost 1/3 of the map was blocked off by mountains.

Fallout 3 had way more of a post-apocalyptic feel to it.

Ruins of D.C. with the underground subway stations. You also had the random events that would happen. Like walking over a hill and seeing a group of Super Mutants and Raiders kicking the sh*t out of eachother. I'd just stand back and watch how it all unfolded.

To me it was just way more immersive than New Vegas. A lot of times in NV, I'd wander around for almost 15 minutes just looking for something to kill.

It just seemed way more hollow.

I'm with you on not being able to wait for Fallout 4. Can't wait to see what Bethesda is capable of on next-gen hardware.
    Dear God man you owe it to yourself to play them. Pick up the F:NV Ultimate Edition and play that ****, seriously.

**** if it wasn't one of my top 3 games of all time I would let you borrow it....but I can't be without it for too long in case I need a fix of the Mojave.

I mean, none of them are bad (its all a matter of opinion), but Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Dead Money, and Honest Hearts is where I would rank them. OWB is just flat out hysterical, plus its hard as **** if you aren;t at a high enough level.

Lonesome Road will definitely put you back in that post-apocalyptic atmosphere, thats for sure,

Dead Money really is a hot button issue for most (as is the whole F03 vs FNV thing), it was frustrating and hard, but **** man the atmosphere and story was amazing.

Honest Hearts had an amazing, beautiful setting in Zion and had some good stories and enemies in its own right - it was good, but it was my least favorite.

Actually of the DLCs really enhance the main story and flesh it out so much more that its almost a travesty that the DLC is even needed.

Ideally they should be played in the order in which they were released - Honest Hearts, Dead Money, OWB, and LR. They fill in a lot of the blanks in the story as you go along.

I was never crazy about FNV at first, but it does kind of grow on you, and it does seem to take awhile. I think without the DLCs FNV almost feels like half a game, really.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dear God man you owe it to yourself to play them. Pick up the F:NV Ultimate Edition and play that ****, seriously.

**** if it wasn't one of my top 3 games of all time I would let you borrow it....but I can't be without it for too long in case I need a fix of the Mojave.

I mean, none of them are bad (its all a matter of opinion), but Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Dead Money, and Honest Hearts is where I would rank them. OWB is just flat out hysterical, plus its hard as **** if you aren;t at a high enough level.

Lonesome Road will definitely put you back in that post-apocalyptic atmosphere, thats for sure,

Dead Money really is a hot button issue for most (as is the whole F03 vs FNV thing), it was frustrating and hard, but **** man the atmosphere and story was amazing.

Honest Hearts had an amazing, beautiful setting in Zion and had some good stories and enemies in its own right - it was good, but it was my least favorite.

Actually of the DLCs really enhance the main story and flesh it out so much more that its almost a travesty that the DLC is even needed.

Ideally they should be played in the order in which they were released - Honest Hearts, Dead Money, OWB, and LR. They fill in a lot of the blanks in the story as you go along.

I was never crazy about FNV at first, but it does kind of grow on you, and it does seem to take awhile. I think without the DLCs FNV almost feels like half a game, really.
    Might have to go ahead and give them a go before GTA V comes out.

Although I don't know why they're still so expensive.

Still $9.99 each on the Playstation Store. You'd think they would've dropped to atleast $4.99 after almost 3 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Might have to go ahead and give them a go before GTA V comes out.

Although I don't know why they're still so expensive.

Still $9.99 each on the Playstation Store. You'd think they would've dropped to atleast $4.99 after almost 3 years.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fallout-New-...item4ac788128b

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks

Just found it on Amazon for $19.95 brand new.

Damn, buying the DLC's on the PS Store is a total ripoff.

Veteran
    So Fish, did you get into the beta?

I know Churchill is a big sci-fi fan like myself. And this game is sounding like it's going to be amazing.

Cyberpunk 2077

Yep, exciting, been keeping an eye on that since it was announced.

Cyberpunk 2077

The next Witcher game looks ridiculously good. I will be very interested in anything they make from here on out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Thanks

Just found it on Amazon for $19.95 brand new.

Damn, buying the DLC's on the PS Store is a total ripoff.
    Honestly, some of those are so old you may not even be able to download them anymore - I think I may have even tried once and got some weird error - oh well. I think you'll love the game with the DLCs, it makes it such a better experience.

Also make sure you DO NOT finish the main quest until you have done EVERYTHING else you have wanted to in the game first - once the main quest end, the game pretty much ends - and any point after that you have to start a new campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    So Fish, did you get into the beta?
    I sent them the NDA and the other info, just waiting to hear back at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    The next Witcher game looks ridiculously good. I will be very interested in anything they make from here on out.
    Agreed, cant wait for this myself.

Veteran
    Honestly, some of those are so old you may not even be able to download them anymore - I think I may have even tried once and got some weird error - oh well. I think you'll love the game with the DLCs, it makes it such a better experience.

Also make sure you DO NOT finish the main quest until you have done EVERYTHING else you have wanted to in the game first - once the main quest end, the game pretty much ends - and any point after that you have to start a new campaign.

I sent them the NDA and the other info, just waiting to hear back at this point.

Agreed, cant wait for this myself.
    Nice, look forward to joining up with you.

Sports games as a whole suck.

I can't think of a more repetitive genre.

GTA has bored me in the past as well but GTA V looks tits.

You're seriously missing out if you haven't played The Elder Scrolls series, Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, the Mass Effect games, The Last of Us, etc.
    I heard good things about Red Dead. The GTA series jumped the shark with San Andreas - the game was just too friggin long I'm like c'mon I have a job and a life how am I ever going to find time to beat this? And the running around randomnly killing people stuff stopped being fun only so many people you can blow up with a flame thrower, only so many whores you can bang for life points and who cares if the graphics are 256 bit.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I heard good things about Red Dead.
    Buy it, you will not be disappointed and I don't like Westerns. Also, I had never played a GTA game before I bought it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I heard good things about Red Dead. The GTA series jumped the shark with San Andreas - the game was just too friggin long I'm like c'mon I have a job and a life how am I ever going to find time to beat this? And the running around randomnly killing people stuff stopped being fun only so many people you can blow up with a flame thrower, only so many whores you can bang for life points and who cares if the graphics are 256 bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Buy it, you will not be disappointed and I don't like Westerns. Also, I had never played a GTA game before I bought it.
    Definitely on my list, probably going to pick up the GOTY version with Undead Nightmare.