Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 1129

Thread: The Video Game thread

  1. #481
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,032
    A lot of rumors floating around that Fallout 4 will be unveiled at Gamescom at the end of the month and be released mid-2015.

  2. #482
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Definitely on my list, probably going to pick up the GOTY version with Undead Nightmare.
    Incredible game with one of the most awesome endings ever.

    Like playing an old Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. I kinda wish Rockstar was releasing a new Red Dead instead of GTA.

    The shootouts are badass too. You can actually see the exit wounds. When I first got the lasso I spent a good half hour just tying people up and blasting them in the face. Sadistic, I know.

  3. #483
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    A lot of rumors floating around that Fallout 4 will be unveiled at Gamescom at the end of the month and be released mid-2015.
    One can only dream. Fallout w/ Skyrim Engine = Win.

  4. #484
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    One can only dream. Fallout w/ Skyrim Engine = Win.
    Hell yeah

    Don't even mind if I have to wait another 1 1/2 - 2 years.

    Will have The Elder Scrolls Online to tie me over in the meantime. Although I'm a bit nervous about that one. Just wish it was actually being developed by Bethesda instead of just being published by them.

    Still, it'll be pretty sweet to be able to go everywhere in Tamriel (Skyrim, Morrowind, Cyrodill, Hammerfell, Elsweyr, etc)

  5. #485
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Incredible game with one of the most awesome endings ever.

    Like playing an old Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. I kinda wish Rockstar was releasing a new Red Dead instead of GTA.

    The shootouts are badass too. You can actually see the exit wounds. When I first got the lasso I spent a good half hour just tying people up and blasting them in the face. Sadistic, I know.
    I remember starting RDR but never finishing it. I remember getting pissed off trying to do some sort of time race checkpoint thing with the horse that I ALWAYS suck at, and for some reason Rockstar has to include it in every franchise - however I do recall having great fun causing horse & carriage pile-ups, and then looting all the bodies....good times.....

  6. #486
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hell yeah

    Don't even mind if I have to wait another 1 1/2 - 2 years.

    Will have The Elder Scrolls Online to tie me over in the meantime. Although I'm a bit nervous about that one. Just wish it was actually being developed by Bethesda instead of just being published by them.

    Still, it'll be pretty sweet to be able to go everywhere in Tamriel (Skyrim, Morrowind, Cyrodill, Hammerfell, Elsweyr, etc)
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for ESO.

  7. #487
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Incredible game with one of the most awesome endings ever.

    Like playing an old Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. I kinda wish Rockstar was releasing a new Red Dead instead of GTA.

    The shootouts are badass too. You can actually see the exit wounds. When I first got the lasso I spent a good half hour just tying people up and blasting them in the face. Sadistic, I know.
    Such a great game from beginning to end. Even though I beat it, I still throw the game in from time to time to just go for a horse ride through the landscape.

    Also, rumor has it that a sequel is pretty much inevitable.
    Last edited by RageATL; 08-07-2013 at 10:40 AM.

  8. #488
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hell yeah

    Don't even mind if I have to wait another 1 1/2 - 2 years.

    Will have The Elder Scrolls Online to tie me over in the meantime. Although I'm a bit nervous about that one. Just wish it was actually being developed by Bethesda instead of just being published by them.

    Still, it'll be pretty sweet to be able to go everywhere in Tamriel (Skyrim, Morrowind, Cyrodill, Hammerfell, Elsweyr, etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for ESO.

    There seems to be a lot of lukewarm response towards it, but a lot of that I'm seeing is coming from TES purists (aka 'lore whores') who seems to be all kinds of angry about it. To me it looks great (so far) but to me it will all come down to what type of $ it will cost.

  9. #489
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,514
    Not sure how many folks still play it, but the Madden 25 demo comes out today.

  10. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Not sure how many folks still play it, but the Madden 25 demo comes out today.
    Oh nice! Tnx.

  11. #491

  12. #492
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    did u play it? i dont have high hopes, i've accepted that the current GEN is what it is...i just hope its not the same game as last year with updated rosters...

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    There seems to be a lot of lukewarm response towards it, but a lot of that I'm seeing is coming from TES purists (aka 'lore whores') who seems to be all kinds of angry about it. To me it looks great (so far) but to me it will all come down to what type of $ it will cost.
    The things most of us love to death about the open-world quest-driven, exploration-driven Fallout/Elder Scrolls games are simply incompatable with a 10,000 player-per-server Massive Multiplayer game and gameworld.

    It's nothing to do with the lore, although the amazing lore of game universes like Fallout/ES are almost always totally destroyed by MMO's. It's the very natire of a World of Warcraft-style non-permanent, non-open-world, sharded hamster-wheel based MMO game design.

    Fallout/ES is designed from the ground up to make players want to explore the world, live in it, and be a part of it.

    MMO's are designed to keep players playing via cheap pop psycology and tricks, carrot-and-stick designwork, and just enough occasional reward to stimulate your brain to desire more of it. All in a non-permanent world you have no actual abillity to interact with or effect.

    Trust me, I'm a gamer, and I've done the MMO grindfests to death. They give you nothing in the end, no real sense of accomplishment, because youi'll never out-hamsterwheel the built in design-grind. Only the elite, no-life, players who make the game their life get that, us regular Joes' often miss 50-70% of the actual content, especially at end-game.

  14. #494
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,032
    Bethesda WILL be at Gamescom at the end of the month.

    Highly probable that a Fallout 4 teaser will be shown.

    http://www.sidhtech.com/news/fallout...esda/10017325/

  15. #495
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    did u play it? i dont have high hopes, i've accepted that the current GEN is what it is...i just hope its not the same game as last year with updated rosters...
    I did but I haven't played the game proper in a few years so it played just like last year's demo to me, or at least what I remember from last year's demo.

  16. #496
    any news on the PS4 launch date?

  17. #497
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    any news on the PS4 launch date?
    Word on the street says that Sony will reveal the launch date on 8/20 @ Gamescom

  18. #498
    The last 2 PS3 games I am buying are GTA and NBA 2k...other then that its PS4 for me. This will be the first time in 10 years I don't buy madden...waiting for PS4 version.

  19. #499
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    The last 2 PS3 games I am buying are GTA and NBA 2k...other then that its PS4 for me. This will be the first time in 10 years I don't buy madden...waiting for PS4 version.
    I'll be picking up GTAV and maybe Last of Us when the price comes down. After that, I'm all about the PS4 and Watchdogs.

  20. #500
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,310
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    I'll be picking up GTAV and maybe Last of Us when the price comes down. After that, I'm all about the PS4 and Watchdogs.
    He's serious about that statement, since he's posted it twice.

    Most likely I'll pick up GTA5 just for pedestriancide factor alone.
    Lately I've been playing Minerva's Den (DLC) on BioShock2, and rage quitting Hotline Miami.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us