Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Jets Insider VIP
    A lot of rumors floating around that Fallout 4 will be unveiled at Gamescom at the end of the month and be released mid-2015.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Definitely on my list, probably going to pick up the GOTY version with Undead Nightmare.
    Incredible game with one of the most awesome endings ever.

Like playing an old Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. I kinda wish Rockstar was releasing a new Red Dead instead of GTA.

The shootouts are badass too. You can actually see the exit wounds. When I first got the lasso I spent a good half hour just tying people up and blasting them in the face. Sadistic, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    A lot of rumors floating around that Fallout 4 will be unveiled at Gamescom at the end of the month and be released mid-2015.
    One can only dream. Fallout w/ Skyrim Engine = Win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    One can only dream. Fallout w/ Skyrim Engine = Win.
    Hell yeah

Don't even mind if I have to wait another 1 1/2 - 2 years.

Will have The Elder Scrolls Online to tie me over in the meantime. Although I'm a bit nervous about that one. Just wish it was actually being developed by Bethesda instead of just being published by them.

Still, it'll be pretty sweet to be able to go everywhere in Tamriel (Skyrim, Morrowind, Cyrodill, Hammerfell, Elsweyr, etc)

Jets Insider VIP

Like playing an old Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. I kinda wish Rockstar was releasing a new Red Dead instead of GTA.

The shootouts are badass too. You can actually see the exit wounds. When I first got the lasso I spent a good half hour just tying people up and blasting them in the face. Sadistic, I know.
    I remember starting RDR but never finishing it. I remember getting pissed off trying to do some sort of time race checkpoint thing with the horse that I ALWAYS suck at, and for some reason Rockstar has to include it in every franchise - however I do recall having great fun causing horse & carriage pile-ups, and then looting all the bodies....good times.....

Hell yeah

Will have The Elder Scrolls Online to tie me over in the meantime. Although I'm a bit nervous about that one. Just wish it was actually being developed by Bethesda instead of just being published by them.

Still, it'll be pretty sweet to be able to go everywhere in Tamriel (Skyrim, Morrowind, Cyrodill, Hammerfell, Elsweyr, etc)
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for ESO.

All Pro

Such a great game from beginning to end. Even though I beat it, I still throw the game in from time to time to just go for a horse ride through the landscape.

Also, rumor has it that a sequel is pretty much inevitable.
    Last edited by RageATL; 08-07-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I wouldn't get my hopes up for ESO.

There seems to be a lot of lukewarm response towards it, but a lot of that I'm seeing is coming from TES purists (aka 'lore whores') who seems to be all kinds of angry about it. To me it looks great (so far) but to me it will all come down to what type of $ it will cost.

All Pro
    Not sure how many folks still play it, but the Madden 25 demo comes out today.

Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Not sure how many folks still play it, but the Madden 25 demo comes out today.
    Oh nice! Tnx.

did u play it? i dont have high hopes, i've accepted that the current GEN is what it is...i just hope its not the same game as last year with updated rosters...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    There seems to be a lot of lukewarm response towards it, but a lot of that I'm seeing is coming from TES purists (aka 'lore whores') who seems to be all kinds of angry about it. To me it looks great (so far) but to me it will all come down to what type of $ it will cost.
    The things most of us love to death about the open-world quest-driven, exploration-driven Fallout/Elder Scrolls games are simply incompatable with a 10,000 player-per-server Massive Multiplayer game and gameworld.

It's nothing to do with the lore, although the amazing lore of game universes like Fallout/ES are almost always totally destroyed by MMO's. It's the very natire of a World of Warcraft-style non-permanent, non-open-world, sharded hamster-wheel based MMO game design.

Fallout/ES is designed from the ground up to make players want to explore the world, live in it, and be a part of it.

MMO's are designed to keep players playing via cheap pop psycology and tricks, carrot-and-stick designwork, and just enough occasional reward to stimulate your brain to desire more of it. All in a non-permanent world you have no actual abillity to interact with or effect.

Trust me, I'm a gamer, and I've done the MMO grindfests to death. They give you nothing in the end, no real sense of accomplishment, because youi'll never out-hamsterwheel the built in design-grind. Only the elite, no-life, players who make the game their life get that, us regular Joes' often miss 50-70% of the actual content, especially at end-game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bethesda WILL be at Gamescom at the end of the month.

Highly probable that a Fallout 4 teaser will be shown.

http://www.sidhtech.com/news/fallout...esda/10017325/

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    did u play it? i dont have high hopes, i've accepted that the current GEN is what it is...i just hope its not the same game as last year with updated rosters...
    I did but I haven't played the game proper in a few years so it played just like last year's demo to me, or at least what I remember from last year's demo.

any news on the PS4 launch date?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    any news on the PS4 launch date?
    Word on the street says that Sony will reveal the launch date on 8/20 @ Gamescom

The last 2 PS3 games I am buying are GTA and NBA 2k...other then that its PS4 for me. This will be the first time in 10 years I don't buy madden...waiting for PS4 version.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    The last 2 PS3 games I am buying are GTA and NBA 2k...other then that its PS4 for me. This will be the first time in 10 years I don't buy madden...waiting for PS4 version.
    I'll be picking up GTAV and maybe Last of Us when the price comes down. After that, I'm all about the PS4 and Watchdogs.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'll be picking up GTAV and maybe Last of Us when the price comes down. After that, I'm all about the PS4 and Watchdogs.
    He's serious about that statement, since he's posted it twice.

Most likely I'll pick up GTA5 just for pedestriancide factor alone.
    Lately I've been playing Minerva's Den (DLC) on BioShock2, and rage quitting Hotline Miami.