Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Figured I'd start this for all upcoming games...

E3 2011: Tomb Raider Gameplay Demo:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06...-gameplay-demo

E3 2011: Uncharted 3 Gameplay Demo:

E3 2011: Uncharted 3 Gameplay Demo

Btw the Hampur has needed an official Video Game thread for a long time. Can one of the mods modify this title to "Teh Official Hampur Video Game Thread"....or something?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Definitely worth getting.

I think you can buy the GOTY edition for like $15-20 bucks now. Very good game, but not in the same class as Morrowind which was ridicuously in depth, especially for an original XBOX game.

Basically everything Bethesda touches is gold. Both the Elder Scrolls series and the Fallout series are superb.

Games where you can go where you want, when you want, and do whatever you want.

You're definitely getting your moneys worth with a Bethesda title.
    Oh wait, this is an XBOX exclusive? Crap, I gots a PS3.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Ok, so let me ask a question. I HATE RPGs with a passion, turn-based fighting just seems retarded to me.

But I gave Fallout3 a try and I STILL can't stop playing it. I actually finished it once, but my PS3 died , and now I am even playing through it again. I lost all of my progress on New Vegas too .

Anyway, is Oblivion basically the same kind of combat system as FO3, or is it class-RPG turn based?

Thanks
    No turn based combat.

There's no VATS system or anything like in Fallout, but it's freestyle combat. Just run up and do your damage with the trigger buttons.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Oh wait, this is an XBOX exclusive? Crap, I gots a PS3.
    Nope

It's out on the XBOX, PS3, and PC.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No turn based combat.

There's no VATS system or anything like in Fallout, but it's freestyle combat. Just run up and do your damage with the trigger buttons.

ORLY?
    Is oblivion a medieval age type of game? I can't research it online because anything using 'Games' is blocked by my stupid web filter at work...

Btw, I take back my facetious 'Virginia is for losers' comment from last week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    ORLY?
    Is oblivion a medieval age type of game? I can't research it online because anything using 'Games' is blocked by my stupid web filter at work...

Btw, I take back my facetious 'Virginia is for losers' comment from last week.
    Yes, basically Fallout in a medieval setting. A huge land to discover with all kinds of dungeons, tombs, etc to explore. You can also join factions/guilds like The Fighters Guild, The Mages Guild, The Thieves Guild, and The Dark Brotherhood (assassins).

No problem.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, basically Fallout in a medieval setting. A huge land to discover with all kinds of dungeons, tombs, etc to explore. You can also join factions/guilds like The Fighters Guild, The Mages Guild, The Thieves Guild, and The Dark Brotherhood (assassins).

No problem.

Nice... Im thinking Dark Brotherhood, as I usually wander the Wastes pretty much stealing everything and obliterating anyone who gets in my way....good times...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope

It's out on the XBOX, PS3, and PC.
    Nice, never heard of it until yesterday. Damn good review too:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/775/775711p1.html

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a decent PC that can handle Oblivion, you should get it for PC. There are some amazing mods out there that change a lot of things I initially hated about the game. I think I ave about 60+ or so running at the same time, a bit buggy, but maybe the best RPG after Demon's Souls and The Witcher. Oh, I am really looking forward to Dark Souls...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7U-a9pJtHQ

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    PC > Consoles

Consoles are for Kids.

Uncordinated kids.

Who suck.

With that said, yay Video Games!

Current playing World of Tanks http://game.worldoftanks.com/

and Minecraft http://www.minecraft.net/

Mindless fun is mindless!

Lots of good PC games coming tho.

Skyrim
    Diablo III
    Various FPS
    Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO)
    etc.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    PC > Consoles

Consoles are for Kids.

Uncordinated kids.

Who suck.

Skyrim
    Diablo III
    Various FPS
    etc.

I've heard this minecraft mentioned on a few techy blogs. What's this appeal? It looks like the most boring game of all time with horrible graphics. Is it popular because it's "subversive", or some crap? Or is it actually fun?

Speaking of minecraft, this video is serious LOLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I've heard this minecraft mentioned on a few techy blogs. What's this appeal? It looks like the most boring game of all time with horrible graphics. Is it popular because it's "subversive", or some crap? Or is it actually fun?

Speaking of minecraft, this video is serious LOLs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94
    Haha. I bet this guy was boss playing with legos as a kid

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Alphabet View Post
    Haha. I bet this guy was boss playing with legos as a kid
    And thats exactly the appeal, the same appeal legos had for my generation.

Yes, on it's face, there is no "gameplay" per se, no goal, no "do this to win", so that alone will chase off alot of folks in gaming who need their hands held all the way through.

Second, the raphics, even with Mods, are lol. Pure old-school Original Nintendo style lol. That'll chase away alot of folks too.

What gets folks playing, and enjoying, is the open, freedom to create. Whatever it is your mind can conjure. Better yet on a multiplayer server, where you and your friends can all create together.

It was one of those games, like the original Sid Mier's Civilization, where I sat down, went "wtf is this ****? I punch a rock, then have the block, and can place a block? This is lame...but let me try it.............and then 10 hours later, went "wtf happened"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, on it's face, there is no "gameplay" per se, no goal, no "do this to win", so that alone will chase off alot of folks in gaming who need their hands held all the way through.

Second, the raphics, even with Mods, are lol. Pure old-school Original Nintendo style lol. That'll chase away alot of folks too.

What gets folks playing, and enjoying, is the open, freedom to create. Whatever it is your mind can conjure. Better yet on a multiplayer server, where you and your friends can all create together.

It was one of those games, like the original Sid Mier's Civilization, where I sat down, went "wtf is this ****? I punch a rock, then have the block, and can place a block? This is lame...but let me try it.............and then 10 hours later, went "wtf happened"

Sounds like a game for uncoordinated kids who suck.

But seriously I'll probably check it out someday. My videogame playing time has been reduced 10 fold lately.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am buying a Nintendo 3DS for my kid's birthday next week. i am real excited for Kid Icarus Uprising. Was a big fan of that game on the 8 bit nintendo.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    PC > Consoles

Consoles are for Kids.

Uncordinated kids.

Who suck.

Skyrim
    Diablo III
    Various FPS
    etc.
    Yeah because I want to upgrade my entire computer with every PC game that I buy Yay PCs!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you use for a controller for your pc gaming? I hate using a gamers keyboard personally. I have a Velocity Micro gaming pc, but do hardly any gaming on it, preferring my PS3. (I know I'll get flamed for that admission)
    I just don't really see any benefit to it over the console and it seems like most pc games these days are just ports of console games anyway.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah because I want to upgrade my entire computer with every PC game that I buy Yay PCs!
    You hate fat people.

I hate poor people.

We all have our biases.

(I was just having fun btw. I prefer PC, but consoles are fine, owned quite a few back in the day.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I am buying a Nintendo 3DS for my kid's birthday next week. i am real excited for Kid Icarus Uprising. Was a big fan of that game on the 8 bit nintendo.

Oh God, I remember that game!

Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    What do you use for a controller for your pc gaming? I hate using a gamers keyboard personally. I have a Velocity Micro gaming pc, but do hardly any gaming on it, preferring my PS3. (I know I'll get flamed for that admission)
    I just don't really see any benefit to it over the console and it seems like most pc games these days are just ports of console games anyway.
    Unlike PCs, my PS3 doesn't get viruses from JI.

You hate fat people.

I hate poor people.

We all have our biases.

(I was just having fun btw. I prefer PC, but consoles are fine, owned quite a few back in the day.)
    You too? I thought it was just SAR.
    Last edited by RageATL; 06-09-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    You can use an xbox 360 controller.... easy to setup....