Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I can't stop posting this ****; found a thread with a boatload of them, I hope there are no spoilers being posted.
    There actually might be spoilers in some of these so maybe just post the link to that thread here or create a entirely new thread with just the GTA gifs in it? I don't wanna turn off the gifs in people's threads or animated sigs and such, but this one brings my phone to it's knees. I know, I know...first world problems.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    There actually might be spoilers in some of these so maybe just post the link to that thread here or create a entirely new thread with just the GTA gifs in it? I don't wanna turn off the gifs in people's threads or animated sigs and such, but this one brings my phone to it's knees. I know, I know...first world problems.

Sorry, I can't help myself when it comes to gifs, it's an illness.

i put in about 5 hours with GTA yesterday, and that netted me about 6% of the mission play. Overall the game is pretty insane in that its a full developed world with everything you would expect from it.

What i love about the game...

- fail a mission, start it over by hitting X. i couldn't stand that you have to travel back to start point to re-start a mission previously
    - the amount of raunch. lap dances, hookers, blowjob offers from crack whores
    - i LOVE LOVE LOVE JB Smoove as the voice of the talk radio...f'ing hilarious...ill drive around just to listen to him
    - the cars. is it just me or did they raise their game in terms of cars? not just quality, but variety...wow
    - stock market, facebook look-alike, etc... these types of things really add an extra dimension to the game
    - the social club website is awesome, you can spend like an hour a day just regrouping on previous days adventures
    - the alien shooting mission while high...WTF lol

sucks sitting at work, would rather play.

Question for others who are playing...

how are you making money? ive invested some in the stock market but not BAWSAQ (moves based on player around the world activity). Doing cab missions, or robbing people for 10 bucks doesnt seem like a worthy time investment.

I feel like we should start a GTA5 thread to share easter eggs, side missions, tips, etc... what do u guys think?

Jets Insider VIP
    I played like 2 hours last night. Pretty good so far. I laughed my ass off when Chop takes a detour from hunting that guy to go and bang another dog LMAO.

Can anyone explain this ifruit thing to me? It keep popping up yesterday but I didnt look into it further. Is it some sort of App for your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I played like 2 hours last night. Pretty good so far. I laughed my ass off when Chop takes a detour from hunting that guy to go and bang another dog LMAO.

Can anyone explain this ifruit thing to me? It keep popping up yesterday but I didnt look into it further. Is it some sort of App for your phone?
    its an iphone app (coming soon to android). you can log in and do a few things like customize your ride, feed the dog etc...

where did u find chop? i only played like 2 hours with the black guy didnt come across the dog.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    its an iphone app (coming soon to android). you can log in and do a few things like customize your ride, feed the dog etc...

where did u find chop? i only played like 2 hours with the black guy didnt come across the dog.
    It was a few missions in with the black guy. Can I switch between the main characters at any time or does it happen automatically?

It was a few missions in with the black guy. Can I switch between the main characters at any time or does it happen automatically?
    you can basicaly switch any time. there might be a few occasions where you cant. also the last main character (the ugly old dude) is not available initialy until you come across him. ive been switching between the mafia guy and the black guy about 50/50. if you hit down on the arrows it will show u available charachters and a number on each for avilable missions with them. i had one mission with them together, i had to switch mid missions when i went from dirving to shooting the car chasing us...

have you been to the social club website? its pretty cool...you can watch stocks, check your game stats etc...

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

Jets Insider VIP
    you can basicaly switch any time. there might be a few occasions where you cant. also the last main character (the ugly old dude) is not available initialy until you come across him. ive been switching between the mafia guy and the black guy about 50/50. if you hit down on the arrows it will show u available charachters and a number on each for avilable missions with them. i had one mission with them together, i had to switch mid missions when i went from dirving to shooting the car chasing us...
    O Ok, thanks for the info, still getting used to all this. Yeah the Chop thing I mentioned b4, I was actually switching back and forth between Franklin, and the Dog as the Dogs job was to sniff out where the guy was hiding.

Jets Insider VIP
    i put in about 5 hours with GTA yesterday, and that netted me about 6% of the mission play. Overall the game is pretty insane in that its a full developed world with everything you would expect from it.

What i love about the game...

- fail a mission, start it over by hitting X. i couldn't stand that you have to travel back to start point to re-start a mission previously
    - the amount of raunch. lap dances, hookers, blowjob offers from crack whores
    - i LOVE LOVE LOVE JB Smoove as the voice of the talk radio...f'ing hilarious...ill drive around just to listen to him
    - the cars. is it just me or did they raise their game in terms of cars? not just quality, but variety...wow
    - stock market, facebook look-alike, etc... these types of things really add an extra dimension to the game
    - the social club website is awesome, you can spend like an hour a day just regrouping on previous days adventures

sucks sitting at work, would rather play.

Question for others who are playing...

how are you making money? ive invested some in the stock market but not BAWSAQ (moves based on player around the world activity). Doing cab missions, or robbing people for 10 bucks doesnt seem like a worthy time investment.

I feel like we should start a GTA5 thread to share easter eggs, side missions, tips, etc... what do u guys think?
    Bah, I couldnt even pickup my pre-order yesterday, have to get it today...if I can even slip out of the office for 30 minutes today. /firstworldproblems

I heard the car customization is pretty freaking intense. I also read you can buy insurance on them too.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

Sorry, I can't help myself when it comes to gifs, it's an illness.
    I'll start looking into support groups for you.

Practice Squad

If you think that was weird wait until the next time you get high. (No spoiler)

All Pro
    Jeez, I feel like you guys are so friggin far ahead of me in terms of playing this game. That's even after starting the game over after only a few missions once I got all of the controls down properly so I could play it "better" and access more stuff. When I'm playing Franklin, I feel like it's so tough to come across money, dude's always broke! Speaking of which, why can't I rob stores off the bat? I'm beginning to think I should just start over from scratch...

Jets Insider VIP
    Jeez, I feel like you guys are so friggin far ahead of me in terms of playing this game. That's even after starting the game over after only a few missions once I got all of the controls down properly so I could play it "better" and access more stuff. When I'm playing Franklin, I feel like it's so tough to come across money, dude's always broke! Speaking of which, why can't I rob stores off the bat? I'm beginning to think I should just start over from scratch...
    Yeah why cant I just run people over and take their money like in GTA IV?

hah my GF is fasting, so she was out like a light at 8:30...which means i was plaing 8:30pm to like 1am...

All Pro
    hah my GF is fasting, so she was out like a light at 8:30...which means i was plaing 8:30pm to like 1am...
    Haha, no kidding, my ass was playing until 2:30AM when I legit forced myself to turn it off.

Practice Squad
    I will give you what tips I can.

Franklin is supposed to be poor so you cant change anything.

You can rob a store from the beginning but there are not many around, and it brings a lot of heat for little reward.

TAKE COVER!!!!! Cover is your friend. In the previous GTA's you could run around blowing up everything. Not so much this time. Enemies hide, take cover and outflank you better. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Enjoy the game and don't rush it, there is sooooooo much to do. Follow the missions and the side missions to gain little extra bits of cash.

The Heists are the big bucks. I have only done 1 so far and I am just setting up the 2nd.

The stock market is a big earner if you listen to your missions. If you know the mission will have an effect on a company buy up the stocks of its rival which will go up the next day and sell sell sell. Then invest the profit in the company that is at rock bottom. The only way is up.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    I will give you what tips I can.

Franklin is supposed to be poor so you cant change anything.

You can rob a store from the beginning but there are not many around, and it brings a lot of heat for little reward.

TAKE COVER!!!!! Cover is your friend. In the previous GTA's you could run around blowing up everything. Not so much this time. Enemies hide, take cover and outflank you better. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Enjoy the game and don't rush it, there is sooooooo much to do. Follow the missions and the side missions to gain little extra bits of cash.

The Heists are the big bucks. I have only done 1 so far and I am just setting up the 2nd.

The stock market is a big earner if you listen to your missions. If you know the mission will have an effect on a company buy up the stocks of its rival which will go up the next day and sell sell sell. Then invest the profit in the company that is at rock bottom. The only way is up.
    Good advice, I'll definitely follow it! So, is Michael really the only one that can invest in stocks due to the fact that he's loaded or...?

Good advice, I'll definitely follow it! So, is Michael really the only one that can invest in stocks due to the fact that he's loaded or...?
    as far as i can tell the only diff between the characters is how much money they start with in the bank, and the quality of missions, other then that i am pretty sure if you really tried you could turn anyone into being rich. anyone can invest, its just having the capital that may be easier for Michael.

Practice Squad
    as far as i can tell the only diff between the characters is how much money they start with in the bank, and the quality of missions, other then that i am pretty sure if you really tried you could turn anyone into being rich. anyone can invest, its just having the capital that may be easier for Michael.
    I just ment at the beginning, but Franklin will take the longest.... I would say why but I dont want to post spoilers. Trevor starts off with the most. But Michael is the Kingpin by the looks of it. However I really don't want to guess which direction the game goes yet.

P.S The game seems to open up slowly. Im getting new side missions and attractions every mission or so. The map is full of blips at the moment.