Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Mine is supposed to be delivered today...so I guess I'll be be sleeping on the couch tonight.
    Didn't buy any titles yet since I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it, or sell it.

There aren't any games that are a 'must play' for me at the moment - if there was a TESO or Fallout4 at launch, totally different story.

It doesn't look like there are any shortages on consoles (real or not) that Im aware of like in years past.
    Well actually there's a big shortage of PS4's. I was lucky to get mine. Amazon re-stocked for a few hours after launch on friday and I was lucky enough to nab one.

Amazon, Gamestop and most Walmarts are all out of PS4's now and probably won't have stock back in for at least a week or so.

If you are into racing games Need for Speed Rivals is a great game. Highly recommended. Great graphics and the single player and multiplayer are seemlessly blended together. You'll be in the middle of a single player race or pusuit and another online player will be driving straight at you, in the opposite direction doing over 120mph doing their own race/pursuit. Its wild. The weather effects also look great, especially the lightning.

All the free to play games are pretty good (Blacklight Retribution, Warframe, DC Universe ONline). And you get Resogun and Contrast free with Playstation Plus. The PS4 has a free 30 day trial for PS Plus.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    Well actually there's a big shortage of PS4's. I was lucky to get mine. Amazon re-stocked for a few hours after launch on friday and I was lucky enough to nab one.

Amazon, Gamestop and most Walmarts are all out of PS4's now and probably won't have stock back in for at least a week or so.

If you are into racing games Need for Speed Rivals is a great game. Highly recommended. Great graphics and the single player and multiplayer are seemlessly blended together. You'll be in the middle of a single player race or pusuit and another online player will be driving straight at you, in the opposite direction doing over 120mph doing their own race/pursuit. Its wild. The weather effects also look great, especially the lightning.

All the free to play games are pretty good (Blacklight Retribution, Warframe, DC Universe ONline). And you get Resogun and Contrast free with Playstation Plus. The PS4 has a free 30 day trial for PS Plus.

Damn....well I pre-ordered a console for the first time which is something I've never usually done before.
    I mean, they'd have to be going for a pretty good rate on fee-bay for me to sell it...like 7-800 bucks to make it worth it.
    Usually they are too expensive for me to afford right off the bat, and I'd usually end up getting one for Christmas a year later. (makes me feel like a kid again).

I forgot about the free games with PS+....looks like I'll be running with both the PS3 and PS4 for awhile...I can't give up my Fallout3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim just yet.
    It's a shame they can't be ported over....stupid Cell technology.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn....well I pre-ordered a console for the first time which is something I've never usually done before.
    I mean, they'd have to be going for a pretty good rate on fee-bay for me to sell it...like 7-800 bucks to make it worth it.
    Usually they are too expensive for me to afford right off the bat, and I'd usually end up getting one for Christmas a year later. (makes me feel like a kid again).

I forgot about the free games with PS+....looks like I'll be running with both the PS3 and PS4 for awhile...I can't give up my Fallout3, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim just yet.
    It's a shame they can't be ported over....stupid Cell technology.
    You could probably sell it locally on CL for about $700 if you want.

I actually pre-ordered a PS4 on Amazon way back in June and sold the pre-order on Ebay for $630 in October and had Amazon ship it directly to the buyer on launch day. Then I bought a PS4 for myself on Friday lol.

EDIT: btw, if you do decide to sell your PS4 on CL be careful. Some dude actually got murdered trying to sell his PS4 on CL the other day

http://www.hardwarepal.com/ps4-black...eads-murder/#_
    Last edited by houyx; 11-19-2013 at 11:32 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    You could probably sell it locally on CL for about $700 if you want.

I actually pre-ordered a PS4 on Amazon way back in June and sold the pre-order on Ebay for $630 in October and had Amazon ship it directly to the buyer on launch day. Then I bought a PS4 for myself on Friday lol.

EDIT: btw, if you do decide to sell your PS4 on CL be careful. Some dude actually got murdered trying to sell his PS4 on CL the other day

http://www.hardwarepal.com/ps4-black...eads-murder/#_

Yikes. I avoid CL for high dollar stuff like this. It's fine for curb alerts/free stuff, etc, but you have to wonder about people using it to case people's homes.
    Also I'd never have anyone from CL visit my house if I wasn't home. Sad but true, you don't know these people or where they are coming from.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the XBO reviews are coming in, it sounds like both systems have some good, some bad. Thoughts, and is anyone getting an XBO this Friday?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the XBO reviews are coming in, it sounds like both systems have some good, some bad. Thoughts, and is anyone getting an XBO this Friday?
    I pre-ordered an Xbox one. Looking forward to it

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I meant to update this in the PS4 thread, but I'll add it here was well - if buying PS+ for the first time, you get the following games for free:
    Don't get rid of your PS3 just yet -

• Contrast PS4
    • Resogun PS4
    • Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS3
    • ibb & obb PS3
    • Binary Domain PS3
    • Soul Sacrifice Vita (Nov 22)
    • Oddworld: Strangers Wrath Vita

EDIT
    There are more games that are free.

• Hotline Miami PS3 & Vita
    • Poker Night 2 PS3
    • Shadow of the Colossus PS3
    • Ico PS3
    • Galaga Legions DX PS3
    • Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars PS3 & Vita
    • Bit.Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien PS3
    • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception PS3
    • XCOM: Enemy Unknown PS3
    • LittleBigPlanet Karting PS3
    • Sine Mora Vita
    • Uncharted: Golden Abyss Vita
    • Wipeout 2048 Vita
    • Gravity Rush Vita

In total, there are 22 free games available. Soul Sacrifice will not be available until next Tuesday, November 26th.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    History of Horror Video Games in 3 Minutes

http://vimeo.com/79844574

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing the Elder Scrolls Online Closed Beta.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sh*tty or surprisingly good?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't even hooked up my xbone yet. Going to do that now and play some Dead Rising 3 and Forza. I heard DR3 it is OK so I might start with that one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Mundane and predictable. WoW set in TES.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mundane and predictable. WoW set in TES.
    Well when it goes F2P I may pick it up, but it all depends when the Witcher3 comes out.

Still haven't opened my PS4 yet; not seeing any crazy prices consoles like in years past; that may change if there is a perceived shortage after black friday.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bethesda registers new domain

www.thesurvivor2299.com

Lots of rumor/speculation that it's Fallout 4 - there is a countdown to 12/11/13 -

Spike's VGX awards are on 12/7/13 - hoping they release a teaser on 12/7, maybe an actual announcement on 12/11?

Edit: PLEASE BE FALLOUT 4
    This is supposedly a hoax.

The website was registered in Poland through Godaddy.com

Bethesda HQ is located in Maryland, so that makes zero sense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Not true....or well, there is a lot more to it than that.
    There was a recent (poorly written) article on Kotaku about it that doesn't really debunk anything.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think it's a hoax, and I do think it's Fallout 4 (or Fallout Online).

The site is owned by Zenimax, so Poland or not, it is a Zenimax/Bethesda property.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think it's a hoax, and I do think it's Fallout 4 (or Fallout Online).

The site is owned by Zenimax, so Poland or not, it is a Zenimax/Bethesda property.
    I agree; if this was a hoax, it's a very elaborate one, and the fact that Bethesda hasn't commented on it is very telling.
    I would be ecstatic to see them release any hints of any new Fallout, whether it be F04 or Fallout Online - but I don't think they would roll with another MMO at the same time as ESO though.

Speaking of ESO, are the worlds themselves and atmosphere on par with Skyrim at least?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of ESO, are the worlds themselves and atmosphere on par with Skyrim at least?
    No. It's more "typical MMO World" but very pretty and very TES design-ethic. But it's not the open-world, vast-tracks-of-wilderness-to-explore of a Skyrim.

With that said, playing the Beta got me interested in continuing my playthough of Skyrim (stalled at Level 22 somewhere near Riften nowhere near having completed the game or even 25% of it), so it must not have been THAT bad.

I wanted to play more, but the Beta appears to have been the weekend only.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, PS+ is on sale for 29.99 today only (20.00 off) through Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy, etc.
    Of course combined with this sale, and the PS4 going live in Europe, PSN is down hard as a result.

#ghey

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just had my Xbox one delivered Wednesday. unfortunately am not blown away buy it.but their is some kewl features about it.if your an NFL fan their a lot of good stuff with the free NFL app.Only game I've played thrus far is madden .I have madden for 360 also I didn't think their would be a difference between the two but their is .NBA 2k 14 is a nice game also.