Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Anyone playing AC4? I only ever played the first AC, got bored about 3 hours in and never returned to it, so I'm surprised that I'm having a such blast with this game. I've put about 20 hours into it and I'm not even halfway through the story. The pirate angle is awesome, pretty satisfying to take down and loot an entire convoy of ships. Think I'll probably end up giving the earlier games in the series another look.
    I tried AC3 as my first into the franchise and I couldn't get into it. I couldn't get over the whole 'simulation' angle; probably because I like bigger more open world realistic environments like Fallout, Skyrim, etc. Maybe I would have been better served by playing one of the previous games.

Frankly I thought Black Flag was going to suck since it came out a year after AC3, but I've heard it's been very good. Might return to the franchise for another shot down the road maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    The XBL network is definitely superior, but one thing I like about PS+ is the free games Sony offers up each month. Bioshock Infinite is free this month, the game hasn't even been out for a year yet.
    Aye, Sony may still be behind in the online component of their game, but they have stepped it up in terms of customer satisfaction and doing what gamers love - giving away free games. I just bought PS+ a while ago and it's already payed for itself in spades, especially since ive been able to get free games for the PS3, and also the Vita which I just got for Christmas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Never been much of a gamer. I’d received a PS3 on Xmas maybe over 5 years ago, played a while after hernia surgery and has been in the basement since. Anywhoo, got my kid a sort of interactive book on Dinosaurs for Xmas. So on the the 24th I hook everything up to make sure everything works, camera, game…. OK perfect.

Christmas day, kid is excited as hell and the thing dies. Can’t read the CD’s anymore (movies, games…etc).

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Never been much of a gamer. I’d received a PS3 on Xmas maybe over 5 years ago, played a while after hernia surgery and has been in the basement since. Anywhoo, got my kid a sort of interactive book on Dinosaurs for Xmas. So on the the 24th I hook everything up to make sure everything works, camera, game…. OK perfect.

Christmas day, kid is excited as hell and the thing dies. Can’t read the CD’s anymore (movies, games…etc).

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    How old are you that the eyesight is going?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    How old are you that the eyesight is going?
    How old am I?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    How old am I?
    He prolly meant "how far from the PS3 are you sitting?"

Jets Insider VIP
    Heads up for Playstation Plus members, the following games are free, starting today:

Don't Starve (PS4)
    DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3)
    Bioshock Infinite (PS3)
    Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons (PS3)
    Smart As (Vita)
    Worms Battle Island (Vita)

It all went downhill after these games went away:
    Carnival
    Lunar Lander
    Crazy Climber

Jets Insider VIP
    Sony announces new PlayStation Now service at CES:

This has the potential to be awesome, no more worries about the PS4 being backwards compatible.
    Being able to play all of their games PS1-PS4 on multiple devices? Awesome.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/7/528...w-cloud-gaming

Sony announces PlayStation Now, its cloud gaming service for TVs, consoles, and phones

The PlayStation 4 may not be the most important part of Sony's gaming strategy anymore. At CES 2014, Sony has just announced PlayStation Now, a service that will bring streaming PlayStation games not only to PS4, but also PS3, PlayStation Vita, and even televisions, tablets, and smartphones.
    It's the company's public-facing brand for Gaikai, the cloud gaming technology it purchased in June of 2012, which the company previously said would bring PS3 games to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita later this year. Sony says the technology is already working here at CES, with attendees able to try critically acclaimed action title The Last of Us here in Vegas. The full service will let users rent games or pay for a subscription that will let them "explore a range of titles." Sony will launch a closed beta in the United States at the end of the month, and plans to roll out the service more broadly by the end of this summer.
    "The tethers that have constrained consumption for decades... soon dissolve," said Sony CEO Kaz Hirai.
    Games in the cloud
    Gaikai works on practically any device — even smartphones — because the games don't actually run locally at all. Cloud gaming services work more like a YouTube video, where powerful servers in remote data centers actually run the games, and stream compressed video frames of that game running to your local devices. They send the input from your touchscreen or game controller to the cloud. It doesn't necessarily require an extremely fast internet connection, but it does require one with very low latency, so that the time between you pressing a button, and the time you see the reaction, is as short as possible.
    Originally, Gaikai only streamed PC games to the web and to televisions, racking up deals with Samsung and LG to bring games like The Witcher 2 to their devices, but when Sony nabbed the technology it apparently figured out a way to have those servers emulate legacy PlayStation 3 titles as well. We haven't yet heard how, but it's one way to run PS3 games on PS4. Right now, games from previous PlayStation systems don't work if you stick them in the PS4's disc drive.
    In addition to games, Sony also announced a cloud service aimed at television, which will offer live TV, video on demand, and even DVR recording functionality.
    Update: Sony says that the PlayStation Now service will first roll out on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, followed by the PlayStation Vita handheld, and that "most 2014 US models" of Sony's Bravia TVs will support PlayStation Now. The service will stream full games, acccording to the company, and save your games in the cloud. You'll be able to rent titles or pay for a subscription service.
    European rollout may take a while, though. Sony writes that it is "not quite ready to confirm launch plans for PAL territories" yet:
    "When it comes to broadband provision, Europe is a considerably more complex region, with a huge number of different providers and varying connection speeds from country to country. In short, we need a little more time to ensure a smooth and successful roll-out."
    Update 2: In a press release, Sony writes that PlayStation Now will support online multiplayer, trophies, and messages.

As a result of the announcement, GameStop stocks plunge

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansol...aming-service/

Jets Insider VIP
    Calendar of US releases for 2014, obviously subject to change:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...dar.google.com

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Calendar of US releases for 2014, obviously subject to change:

https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...dar.google.com
    I just want Watchdogs already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    I just want Watchdogs already.

Don't hold your breath on that one....or am I thinking of The Division?

I really want to want ESO, but from what Im hearing on the betas its not looking too good. Maybe when it becomes f2p I'll try it out.

For me though its The Witcher3...and Fallout 4 if it ever gets announced.

Both look excellent, but cvarry with them massive expectations now.

I really want to want ESO, but from what Im hearing on the betas its not looking too good. Maybe when it becomes f2p I'll try it out.
    It's a World of Warcraft-meets-Guild Wars 2 Clone, with a thin veneer of TES lore on top.

Right now, it's a no-chance for me if a Subscription is required.

For me though its The Witcher3...and Fallout 4 if it ever gets announced.
    Seems we're at least 5 years away from any chance of having a Fallout 4 in our hands. Maybe longer.

All Pro
    Watchdogs is slated for June.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Both look excellent, but cvarry with them massive expectations now.

It's a World of Warcraft-meets-Guild Wars 2 Clone, with a thin veneer of TES lore on top.

Right now, it's a no-chance for me if a Subscription is required.

Seems we're at least 5 years away from any chance of having a Fallout 4 in our hands. Maybe longer.

I think the biggest question for me is if The Division can live up to the gameplay trailer when it showed off the Snowdrop engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir5qGJjf41k

But action-based RPG set in the not too distant future of a NYC post-apocalyptic wasteland? Sign me up.

It seems like ESO is destined to fail, even more so with word on how much its costing (over 200 million so far). I've never played an MMO before (prolly for the best, methinks). It's getting blasted by everyone, in particular a lot of folks in the beta tests.

Maybe they wished they had done Fallout 4 first. /shrug

Watchdogs is slated for June.
    That's it....I think the Division was pushed too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mean to post this yesterday

Playstation Sales from yesterday, Bioshock Infinite free for PS+ users.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Bio...day-61610.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe this is why ESO is getting so facking expensive to make -

http://www.bethblog.com/2014/01/23/t...cast-revealed/

All Pro
    Maybe this is why ESO is getting so facking expensive to make -

http://www.bethblog.com/2014/01/23/t...cast-revealed/
    Rumors about Red Dead Redemption 2...very cool:

They've been working on it for a while now, at least two years. They've kept it quite hush though. They knew a few years ago it was going to be released on the next gen consoles. Lazlow from Rockstar made mention of it on Opie & Anthony last fall only saying a few vague things but said sometime either beginning or end of 2015 we should see or hear something.

Jets Insider VIP

They've been working on it for a while now, at least two years. They've kept it quite hush though. They knew a few years ago it was going to be released on the next gen consoles. Lazlow from Rockstar made mention of it on Opie & Anthony last fall only saying a few vague things but said sometime either beginning or end of 2015 we should see or hear something.
    Would much rather see another Red Dead game than another GTA.

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Would much rather see another Red Dead game than another GTA.

This is definitely on my backlog to play; however just got Metro Last Light for free this month from PS+ so that will keep me busy for awhile.
    Also free this month is PayDay2, Remember Me, and Outlast (PS4).

Practice Squad
    This is definitely on my backlog to play; however just got Metro Last Light for free this month from PS+ so that will keep me busy for awhile.
    Also free this month is PayDay2, Remember Me, and Outlast (PS4).
    Red Dead should not be on any back log. It is is far superior to GTA IV in my opinion but didnt have the same kind of funding. I still play it to this day. I wish the map was bigger and there were more things to do and interact with but thats rockstar games all over. Huge maps, excellent story but an empty universe.