Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Wow, that was insightful.
    Also although they are nice to look at, I hate racing games in general because they blow.
    The most repetitive games out there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Finally got a chance to fire up Tomb Raider and I have not been disappointed.
    I've heard a lot of people talking this game up and so far it's living up to the acclaim.

Great graphics, fun and intuitive gamplay, good voice acting and good story to boot. How this was under my radar for so long I don't know, if you have PS+ it's totally worth it.

All Pro

The Video Game thread

FYI,

Watchdogs release date May 27th.

Edit: date confirmed
    Sweet, thanks for the head's up!

Finally got a chance to fire up Tomb Raider and I have not been disappointed.
    I've heard a lot of people talking this game up and so far it's living up to the acclaim.

Great graphics, fun and intuitive gamplay, good voice acting and good story to boot. How this was under my radar for so long I don't know, if you have PS+ it's totally worth it.
    Yeah, I've been meaning to pick that up for a while, may need to try to get it for cheap on Amazon.
    Last edited by RageATL; 03-10-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dark Souls II trailer

Never played the franchise before as I hear the game itself is hard & unforgiving.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dark Souls II trailer

Never played the franchise before as I hear the game itself is hard & unforgiving.

My nickname in rikers

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    My nickname in rikers
    Dark Souls II?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    Dark Souls II trailer

That's an understatement

I don't know how the hell anyone can enjoy those games.

I don't mind a challenge, but I play videogames to have fun. Not to be so pissed off and frustrated that I'm pulling hair out and breaking sh*t in the house.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    That's an understatement

I don't know how the hell anyone can enjoy those games.

I don't mind a challenge, but I play videogames to have fun. Not to be so pissed off and frustrated that I'm pulling hair out and breaking sh*t in the house.
    Agree with you there, if it feels like work then what's the point?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jets Insider VIP
    The Witcher3 delayed to February 2015

Oh well...rather they get it right than release a ****ty game.

Would very much like to play Souther park: The Stick of Truth

Just not for $60.00

Jets Insider VIP
    ^
    Agreed, I'll be looking to pick that game up down the road.
    However Im sure I can't play that game with the kids around.

Conan reviews WWE 2K14...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Con...mer-62684.html

Jets Insider VIP
    On the same note, I would get this game just for the lolz

All Pro
    ^
    Agreed, I'll be looking to pick that game up down the road.
    However Im sure I can't play that game with the kids around.

Conan reviews WWE 2K14...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Con...mer-62684.html

"The same room where Joe Pesci was killed in 'Goodfellas.'" HAHAHA

Jets Insider VIP
    It’s Not In the Game: Eight Features the NFL Made EA Sports Remove from “Madden”

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/03/1...es-nfl-remove/

GFY Nfl

Dark Souls II trailer

I gotta be honest, besides the ongodly difficulty of the first Dark Souls, that game had to have had some of the worst AI since Nintendo 64. I mean, you could stand across the hall in the wide open with an enemy staring at you. He doesn't move or see you at all. Take one step forward and all the sudden he reacts, the exact same way every single time. I hated that game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I gotta be honest, besides the ongodly difficulty of the first Dark Souls, that game had to have had some of the worst AI since Nintendo 64. I mean, you could stand across the hall in the wide open with an enemy staring at you. He doesn't move or see you at all. Take one step forward and all the sudden he reacts, the exact same way every single time. I hated that game.
    I hear a lot of uber-videogame nerds talk up this franchise about how awesome it is that it's unforgiving. Why?
    Who the hell has that kind of time to try to play through the same level over and over again - for a sense of accomplishment?

There are far too many games out there competing for my attention, I don't need that kind of nonsense.

I hear a lot of uber-videogame nerds talk up this franchise about how awesome it is that it's unforgiving. Why?
    Who the hell has that kind of time to try to play through the same level over and over again - for a sense of accomplishment?

There are far too many games out there competing for my attention, I don't need that kind of nonsense.
    I can understand the desire for unforgiving, just make it a good game. The graphics were awful, the controls were slow and awful, the AI was probably the worst I've seen on a 360 game......honestly there was nothing good about it.

All Pro
    Getting more and more psyched for Watch Dogs but now the dilemma is, do I stick with the PS3 version or buy a PS4???

Been playing Titanfall for a while now on XB1. Gotta be honest, the graphics are great and all, but man what an intensely boring game after about 20 minutes of playing. It's basically COD multiplayer on steroids, but it lacks the individuality that COD has in terms of loadout and soldier selection. There's basically 4 or 5 primary weapons, 3 secondary, and 4 anti-titan weapons. There are 3 different titans to choose from and they are all basically the same. The Titans do not last long, and they do not do the damage you would expect from a machine like that in a real environment. Bottom line it feels like a pared down COD with mods to allow you to jump higher and wall-walk. No single player campaign is pretty lame too.

What I'd really like is for someone to manufacture a good SP campaign game not only with great graphics (ala Ryse), but with great intuitive play and AI (meaning something that doesn't have you smashing the X button, or the same combinations of buttons for hours on end). So far nothing on the XB1 accomplishes this. I know it's still early, just thought I'd give an update anyway.

All Pro
    I legit don't know how anyone plays first person shooter games like CoD or Modern Warfare. 2 minutes in an I'm about to have a panic attack from sheer intensity/anxiety. No thanks.