Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1137

Thread: The Video Game thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It's just the same old sh*t in every one of them.

Running across roof tops and dropping down on unsuspecting victims. I only liked the first one because I thought the sword fighting was badass.

Also, it kinda pisses me off that Rockstar's "big announcement" was just a GTA V port instead of a Red Dead sequel.
    In their defense I heard Black Flag was pretty good, but who has the time to play a new interation in a franchise every single year?
    We all know COD is the worst offender, frankly I think a new release every 2 years is about perfect, you get to squeeze out every drop out of the game, and the developer has enough time to release some DLC as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    In their defense I heard Black Flag was pretty good, but who has the time to play a new interation in a franchise every single year?
    We all know COD is the worst offender, frankly I think a new release every 2 years is about perfect, you get to squeeze out every drop out of the game, and the developer has enough time to release some DLC as well.
    The only difference between Black Flag and the others was a pirate background, some naval battles and a little more of an open world setting. It's still the same gameplay with cities that look almost identical.

The only reason I even played it was because it came as a free download when I bought my new video card for my newest PC build.

Practice Squad

Running across roof tops and dropping down on unsuspecting victims. I only liked the first one because I thought the sword fighting was badass.

Also, it kinda pisses me off that Rockstar's "big announcement" was just a GTA V port instead of a Red Dead sequel.
    Don't be pissed off. RD Sequel is coming. Agent will be the next game announced I think, but I believe RD sequel is more than likely in full development as it has been mentioned a few times over the last 2 years in confrence calls to investors. After GTA V I am prepared to wait for any title Rockstar are bringing.

On a side note, I can't believe they continue to push out these Assassins Creed games.

The first one was fun, but goddamn.

You wanna talk about repetitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    It's a huge turnoff for me; I don't get the allure.
    Granted the first one I finally tried was AC3 and I hated it; I probably could have given it more time but I never felt engaged in it.
    Going from more realistic worlds like Skyrim/Fallout/GTA kinda ruins it for me when it's all a simulation.

Also a release every goddamn year?

:shakes_cane:

The first AC was terrible, AC3 is probably the 2nd worst (shame, considering the setting). AC2 and Black Flag are the best, though Black Flag doesn't really fit in with the rest for the half of the game that takes place on your ship.

Personally, I like the series, which means that I also like the framing device that ties them all together, the Animus. So much of the games are tied to the free running though, so if it doesn't come naturally to you, it's easy to get frustrated with some of the missions. My favorite part about AC is the alternate take on history and the portrayals of historical figures. Also, each assassination now works like a puzzle (wasn't the case for the first game), and I find it very satisfying to infiltrate an area, avoid detection, and take out the target. A lot of people complain about the combat, but that's another part of the game I really like. It rewards patience and timing.

The game I'm most excited to see more of is No Man's Sky. That's like the game that I was dreaming of when I was a little kid. Walk out of a cave, see the dinosaurs, jump into a spaceship, fly to another planet. YES!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    E3 in pictures Round 2 (album link below)

http://imgur.com/a/hg5jJ

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

The game I'm most excited to see more of is No Man's Sky. That's like the game that I was dreaming of when I was a little kid. Walk out of a cave, see the dinosaurs, jump into a spaceship, fly to another planet. YES!!!!!!
    I'm pretty psyched for that one as well, most definitely. This is the kind of game I can play with my kids watching or game them join in.
    Conversely it also looks like a bong-ripping good time as well.

Probably the reason I haven't given the AC games much of a chance is I always suck at stealth in games, pretty much every game.
    Missions that force you to sneak or go undetected drive me bat**** insane.

Jets Insider VIP
    First time hearing of this title, sounds intriguing. Love the past work Santa Monica Studio has been involved with.

'Everyone's Gone TO The Rapture' (PS4 exclusive)

Jets Insider VIP
    Teaser trailer for the same as above, doesn't really reveal much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

No Man's Sky (with developer commentary) for you

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ricard78 View Post
    Don't be pissed off. RD Sequel is coming. Agent will be the next game announced I think, but I believe RD sequel is more than likely in full development as it has been mentioned a few times over the last 2 years in confrence calls to investors. After GTA V I am prepared to wait for any title Rockstar are bringing.
    Sure is, the news is heating up for the RD sequel. There's been proof that work has been going on with it for a while now.

Jets Insider VIP
    comparing the PS3 vs PS4 version of GTAV

Jets Insider VIP
    PS+ free games for July (fyi)

Pretty much meh offerings, but I'll give Dead Space3 a try at least.

Anyone see this video? Had me dying.

“Alex goes for a leg, gets a hold of a ghost that’s been haunting the arena… and HUGE TAKEDOWN” HAHA

Jets Insider VIP
    Downloaded an SNES emulator a few days ago and am currently playing the greatest game ever made...

500px-Chrono_Trigger_cover.jpg

Way ahead of it's time and still one of the greatest storylines ever seen in a videogame

All League
    Got the beta because I preordered. This game drops 9/9/14.

An epic mix of Fallout + Halo.

All Pro

The Video Game thread

Learned a few little tricks last night while watching my nephew play GTA V. One is, when buying ammo, instead of hammering away on the X button to fill up your clip, just hit the square button and it'll buy the amount needed to get to "full." Second one was, when activating your special skill (Franklin's driving for example), if you just need it for a quick second or two, you can turn it off the same way you turned it on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can't f*cking wait to play the new Metal Gear

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetset21 View Post
    Anyone see this video? Had me dying.

“Alex goes for a leg, gets a hold of a ghost that’s been haunting the arena… and HUGE TAKEDOWN” HAHA

If you like that, head on over to www.reddit.com/r/gamephysics for more lulz

Jets Insider VIP
    So TLOU: Remastered drops soon, and I stumbled across this fan-made trailer which is pretty awesome and well made.

Notice: MAJOR SPOILERS if you haven't played it yet.

<strong>