Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

There's a really cool thread about southside returning with the funny videos... check it out!

All Pro
    20 minutes of Skyrim:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/12/co...yrim-gameplay/

Must admit, as much as I'm not a fan of these types of fantasy games, this looks SICK.
    Last edited by RageATL; 09-14-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    20 minutes of Skyrim:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/12/co...yrim-gameplay/

Must admit, as much as I'm not a fan of these types of fantasy games, this looks SICK.

Im a big Fallout fan, but I never knew that Oblivion came first. So I started playing that too...definitely not the normal 'era' of games Id normally play, but Skyrim is on the list for sure...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Im a big Fallout fan, but I never knew that Oblivion came first. So I started playing that too...definitely not the normal 'era' of games Id normally play, but Skyrim is on the list for sure...
    Yeah, those videos pretty much had me hooked. That game looks huge, plenty of time to play in the sandbox.

Im a big Fallout fan, but I never knew that Oblivion came first.
    I would have sworn Fallout was an older series than Elder Scrolls.

And I would be wrong.

Fallout was released in Sept. 1997.

Elder Scrolls: Arena was released in 1994.

Jets Insider VIP
    Found this, brought back memories....such an awesome game...I remember all of the horror that game used to inspire re: video game violence.

All Pro
    http://www.destructoid.com/esrb-skyr...s-211783.phtml

ESRB: Skyrim has excessive drinking, heart-whores

The Entertainment Software Ratings Board has finally given us a summary for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and it's a beauty! There's enough sex, violence and substance abuse detailed here to make up 10% of Charlie Sheen's memoirs, and it sounds a lot more interesting!

"Some sequences allow players to injure/kill nonadversary characters, including prisoners chained to a wall; they scream in pain amid splashes of blood or fire," writes the ESRB. "As the game progresses, the dialogue and on-screen text contains references to sexual material (e.g., '... all the whores your heart, or any other organ, desires,' 'She ... raped the men as cruelly as Bal had ravished her,' and 'Remember when you thought [he] was . . . intent on making you . . . into his personal sex slave?').

The ESRB also notes that alcohol such as wine and mead can be consumed, and players can also get into a drinking contest, which results in "slurred speech." All told, the upcoming RPG has gotten itself an M-rating, as well as my top pick for potential game of the year.

Rating summary: This is a fantasy role-playing game in which players assume the role of Dovakin, a prophesied figure with the power to combat dragons in the fictional world of Skyrim. As players traverse through mountainous open-world environments, they complete missions and quests that impact the eventual fate of their character. Players use swords, bows and arrows, axes, and magic attacks (e.g., fireballs, ice shards) to kill various enemies (e.g., wolves, dragons, human bandits and soldiers).

As players engage in melee-style combat, some sequences are highlighted by slow-motion effects, particularly for decapitations. Large blood-splatter effects also occur during combat, and some environments are stained with blood or body parts (e.g., heads impaled on spikes). Some sequences allow players to injure/kill nonadversary characters, including prisoners chained to a wall; they scream in pain amid splashes of blood or fire.

As the game progresses, the dialogue and on-screen text contains references to sexual material (e.g., “. . . all the whores your heart, or any other organ, desires,” “She . . . raped the men as cruelly as Bal had ravished her,” and “Remember when you thought [he] was . . . intent on making you . . . into his personal sex slave?”).

Alcohol such as wine, mead, and ale can be purchased and consumed by players' character throughout the game; and in one sequence, players can engage in a drinking contest with another character, which eventually results in slurred speech (e.g., “One more. No problemsh . . . Thash grape!”).

Jets Insider VIP
    RAGE is out today!

All Pro

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Desert Demo Trailer

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Desert Demo Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jLv6...layer_embedded

All Pro
    SPOILERS - the first 15 minutes of Arkham City:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vR2C...layer_embedded

Jets Insider VIP
    I have been playing Rage ever since it came out last week, and of course I can't help but compare it to Fallout. Open-world it definitely isn't, but it's still definitely a solid, and one of the best looking I have seen in a long time.

I think I should have waited until it came down in price, but its still pretty solid. I definitely like Dead Island more, despite its quirks.

I was gonna buy FIFA2012 but eh... I'm just not into vijagames right now.

All Pro
    Anybody pick up Arkham City yet?

Banned
    I LOVE GODZILLA SAVE EARTH GAME

How is it?

Jets Insider VIP
    I was going to ask you the same question...any update?

All Pro
    I was going to ask you the same question...any update?
    Nah, I put money down on the pre-order but my broke ass hasn't gotten around to picking it up yet. And Uncharted 3 is coming as well...ugh...

IGN gave AC a great review (9.5/10) and UC3 got a perfect 10/10.
    Last edited by RageATL; 10-25-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nah, I put money down on the pre-order but my broke ass hasn't gotten around to picking it up yet. And Uncharted 3 is coming as well...ugh...

IGN gave AC a great review (9.5/10) and UC3 got a perfect 10/10.
    I might just have to pick those up when they are cheaper. I preordered MW3 but frankly I dont know if that or Battlefield 3 will be better....so I may just scrap both of them in favor of something else.

Uncharted 3 reviews are ridiculous. I don't play videogames too often anymore, but definitely picking it up. IGN gave it 10s across the board.