Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    Uncharted 3 reviews are ridiculous. I don't play videogames too often anymore, but definitely picking it up. IGN gave it 10s across the board.
    Review here:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210241p1.html

All Pro

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise View Post
    I think Rockstar needs to ditch the GTA series and keep broadening themselves like they did with Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire.

Every Grand Theft Auto is exactly the same. All the missions are basically driving from point A to point B, killing some guy, then driving back to point A.

And if you want to build a city that feels "alive", then how about letting me walk into more than 5 or 6 f*cking buildings? I should be able to explore every nook and cranny of the city. If the guys at Bethesda can do it with Fallout and the Elder Scrolls series, then why the hell can't Rockstar?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I think Rockstar needs to ditch the GTA series and keep broadening themselves like they did with Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire.

Every Grand Theft Auto is exactly the same. All the missions are basically driving from point A to point B, killing some guy, then driving back to point A.

And if you want to build a city that feels "alive", then how about letting me walk into more than 5 or 6 f*cking buildings? I should be able to explore every nook and cranny of the city. If the guys at Bethesda can do it with Fallout and the Elder Scrolls series, then why the hell can't Rockstar?
    While I loved Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire just didn't do it for me. I played it for a while and despite the excellent graphics, the game play was boring. I never finished it, it's still sitting next to my PS3.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    While I loved Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire just didn't do it for me. I played it for a while and despite the excellent graphics, the game play was boring. I never finished it, it's still sitting next to my PS3.
    I agree that LA Noire was a bit of a letdown. Especially since none of your decisions ultimately influenced the outcome of the story.

It was still a good game, but not the masterpiece some were making it out to be.

I'm just sick of the GTA series. It's the same old, rehashed stuff over and over again. Wandering around in a metropolis setting and driving from Point A to Point B has gotten extremely stale.

I think Rockstar needs to continue expanding their horizons. They tackled the old west in Red Dead Redemption then they did the whole "Golden Age" 1930's/1940's thing with LA Noire. I'd personally love to see them do a crime based game in a futuristic Blade Runner-esque setting.

They were supposed to be putting out an espionage game called "Agent" in the James Bond mold of the late 60's. I guess that's been put on the backburner in favor of yet another generic GTA game.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 10-25-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree that LA Noire was a bit of a letdown. Especially since none of your decisions ultimately influenced the outcome of the story.

It was still a good game, but not the masterpiece some were making it out to be.

I'm just sick of the GTA series. It's the same old, rehashed stuff over and over again. Wandering around in a metropolis setting and driving from Point A to Point B has gotten extremely stale.

I think Rockstar needs to continue expanding their horizons. They tackled the old west in Red Dead Redemption then they did the whole "Golden Age" 1930's/1940's thing with LA Noire. I'd personally love to see them do a crime based game in a futuristic Blade Runner-esque setting.

They were supposed to be putting out an espionage game called "Agent" in the James Bond mold of the late 60's. I guess that's been put on the backburner in favor of yet another generic GTA game.

I'd be curious to see how they handle GTA V this time around, I honestly don't know what they have in store. I think the multiplayer they shoehorned in just to have it, even though I don't think it was fully ready yet. Im not sure when V comes out, but the competition for your gaming $ has been incredible as of late. And I never bothered to play the Uncharted series before but now I may need to take a look....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I'd be curious to see how they handle GTA V this time around, I honestly don't know what they have in store. I think the multiplayer they shoehorned in just to have it, even though I don't think it was fully ready yet. Im not sure when V comes out, but the competition for your gaming $ has been incredible as of late. And I never bothered to play the Uncharted series before but now I may need to take a look....
    Never played 1, but 2 is a masterpiece and it sounds like 3 is better.

All Pro

I hear ya, I was one of the people that thought it was gonna be epic based on the technology used etc. but I lost interest quickly. I'll probably pick it back up just to finish it then trade it in.

Actually, Rockstar only put LA Noire, Team Bondi developed it, so it's not a true Rockstar game.

Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    Never played 1, but 2 is a masterpiece and it sounds like 3 is better.
    I played UC2 and was amazed, so I went and picked up the first one and beat it in no time since I had already beaten UC2. It's definitely worth it, if nothing more than to have more UC to play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Skyrim is f*cking incredible.

I'm not going to get anything done this weekend.

Those who don't have Batman, get it.

+1

Is it just me or is it basically World of Warcraft without all the online people?

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    +1
    Just got it yesterday on Steam, haven't tried it yet for precisely that reason, it will consume me, lol.

I'm still embroiled in CoD:MW3. So far it's pretty solid, though a bit too linear for my tastes. I haven't tried multi-player yet. Not concerned, I think Counter Strike: Global Offensive will wipe the floor with it.

The GTA series jumped the shark with San Andreas. They just ran out of ideas and started putting in boring sh*t like eating and working out and the game was just way too long. I beat GTA3 and Vice City but I didn't get through 1/3 of San Andreas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    The GTA series jumped the shark with San Andreas. They just ran out of ideas and started putting in boring sh*t like eating and working out and the game was just way too long. I beat GTA3 and Vice City but I didn't get through 1/3 of San Andreas.
    Open world games are dead.

They're boring. Whoopty-do. You can make a map so large that it takes forever to get across it. It was a great concept while it lasted, showing the extent that games could go......but I much prefer 1/2 open world 1/2 linear driven games.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

They're boring. Whoopty-do. You can make a map so large that it takes forever to get across it. It was a great concept while it lasted, showing the extent that games could go......but I much prefer 1/2 open world 1/2 linear driven games.
    I think GTA and open-world in general is a victim of its own success. After GTA 3 there were a bazillion inferior knock-offs trying to be the next big thing in the same format. The market got oversaturated with garbage imitations.

I've never been more addicted to a video game ever than GTA 3 with the open mode running around wreaking havoc. Nothing like trying to do taxi mode while the National Guard is chasing after you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Made the mistake of firing up Skyrim.

Four hours ago.

I may miss the rest of the NFL season.

OMFG.

All League
    Skyrim

The female characters are Hotties forum worthy

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    TES: Skyrim sales disagree with you.

Veteran
    I've really enjoyed Just Cause 2. A little repetitive but so much fun.

Also just got Arkham City and kinda disappointed so far. I don't like the controls.