Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So this one time in 1981 me and my friend are playing Ms. Pac Man and the song at the end of the level comes on (doo doo doo dodoo dudoo DOOO, doo doo doo dodoo duddo doooooo....) This giant hulking special ed kid (I swear I think he was 23 yet still in high school, he was actually kind of a bully/burnout) comes up behind us and goes "is that rock or disco?"

We used that line for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Made the mistake of firing up Skyrim.

Four hours ago.

I may miss the rest of the NFL season.

OMFG.

Holy crap this game is phenomenal.

All Pro
    Skyrim sounds like the type of game I never play but everything I read praises it. I may have to give it a chance.

Still never got Arkham City or MW3 or Uncharted 3. Im slacking

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    I think GTA and open-world in general is a victim of its own success. After GTA 3 there were a bazillion inferior knock-offs trying to be the next big thing in the same format. The market got oversaturated with garbage imitations.

I've never been more addicted to a video game ever than GTA 3 with the open mode running around wreaking havoc. Nothing like trying to do taxi mode while the National Guard is chasing after you.

Great point - GTA3 was the first 'huge' game where I managed to get everything done 100% to completion - it took me forever. Now the GTA series where you need to get 100% completion (and tons of other games) is nearly impossible. Especially with more and more great titles coming out. I simply got overwhelmed with so much to do that I simply stopped playing.

But the only other game that captured my attention like that was Fallout 3 - I have a feeling when I pickup Skyrim it will be the same way. I still have a ton left to do on Fallout 3 DLCs and New Vegas.

I have been playing Dead Island exclusively now. It is buggy as hell, the dialogue is so awful that it makes it hysterical. It makes up for it with the gore factor though. Its funny seeing a zombie come at you after you've lopped off both of its arms already

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Skyrim is f*cking incredible.

I'm not going to get anything done this weekend.
    F*CK, I pre-ordered but haven't picked it up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Those who don't have Batman, get it.
    Same with Batman: AC

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I've really enjoyed Just Cause 2. A little repetitive but so much fun.
    DUDE, JC2 is SO much fun. I like just driving around, blowing sh*t up. The campaign was fun but there's SO many places to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Still never got Arkham City or MW3 or Uncharted 3. Im slacking
    Pretty much this for me.

MW3 is the same game as MW2 with some new maps and a different set of Killstreaks/Deathstreaks. A tad bit disappointing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Goodbye, free time! We hardly knew ye

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    MW3 is the same game as MW2 with some new maps and a different set of Killstreaks/Deathstreaks. A tad bit disappointing.
    Nah. Cool new additions like 'Kill Confirmed'

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    FPS games make me anxious as f*ck, I can't play 'em.

if i get skyrim i might drop out of society.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Open world games are dead.

They're boring. Whoopty-do. You can make a map so large that it takes forever to get across it. It was a great concept while it lasted, showing the extent that games could go......but I much prefer 1/2 open world 1/2 linear driven games.
    Couldn't disagree more.

Bethesda makes some unbelieveable open world games. You're guaranteed to get your moneys worth with one of their titles every single time. It's a given. Hell, the developers said there's over 300 hours of gameplay in this epic bastard also known as Skyrim.

I've NEVER enjoyed exploring an open game world as much as I have with Skyrim. Not even close. Maybe Morrowind, but that's about it.

Seeing ice capped, mist surrounded mountains in the distance and knowing that I can scale every one of them and run into and explore multiple incredibly detailed caves, ruins, dungeons, etc. in the process is the funnest sh*t in videogame history.

Skyrim and Bethesda games in general are the kind of games you dreamed about as a kid. Go where you want, when you want, and do whatever the hell you want.

All Pro
    Couldn't disagree more.

Bethesda makes some unbelieveable open world games. You're guaranteed to get your moneys worth with one of their titles every single time. It's a given. Hell, the developers said there's over 300 hours of gameplay in this epic bastard also known as Skyrim.

I've NEVER enjoyed exploring an open game world as much as I have with Skyrim. Not even close. Maybe Morrowind, but that's about it.

Seeing ice capped, mist surrounded mountains in the distance and knowing that I can scale every one of them and run into and explore multiple incredibly detailed caves, ruins, dungeons, etc. in the process is the funnest sh*t in videogame history.

Skyrim and Bethesda games in general are the kind of games you dreamed about as a kid. Go where you want, when you want, and do whatever the hell you want.
    DAMN I want this now!

Jets Insider VIP
    Couldn't disagree more.

OK.

Maybe I should have been more specific. Open World games not geared to RPG fans are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if i get skyrim i might drop out of society.
    And that would be bad....how?

It's worh it Bit, get it,

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    OK.

Maybe I should have been more specific. Open World games not geared to RPG fans are dead.
    I'm not sure if Dead Island qualifies because it's not completely open, but it sure is fun as hell. The sound is unintentionally bad, which adds to the hilarity.
    There are times when I've simply taken the pickup truck from the Lifeguard Station, and just drove around for hours, running over zombies simply to whore up some more XP. That and their screams are hilarious...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    And that would be bad....how?

It's worh it Bit, get it,
    How far are you into the game?

My friend said he played for 3 hours without even starting the main quest.

Ive seen a list online of what people have ate in Skyrim.

This game sounds so detailed. Ugh, I give up. Im just going to get it tomorrow.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

lol wut

What is this game about? I'm not a hardcore gamer. I just bought Forza 4 (a sweet racing game) and have been playing that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Nah. Cool new additions like 'Kill Confirmed'
    LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    FPS games make me anxious as f*ck, I can't play 'em.
    I hear that. When I go to take a piss outside I start scanning the trees line for the enemy.

Jets Insider VIP

Ive seen a list online of what people have ate in Skyrim.

This game sounds so detailed. Ugh, I give up. Im just going to get it tomorrow.
    There's a main quest? LOL, I've been playing for about 10 hours and all I am doing is building up gold and experience in all the different tasks I come across.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    There's a main quest? LOL, I've been playing for about 10 hours and all I am doing is building up gold and experience in all the different tasks I come across.
    Apparently. Him and some other kid were talking about it for a little bit Friday. I had no idea what they were talking about but I want to learn dammit.