Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1137

Thread: The Video Game thread

  1. #161
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,762
    If Skyrim isn't Game of the Year, then a great injustice has been committed.

    Seriously, this is the best game I've ever played.


    Ever.

  2. #162
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    How far are you into the game?

    My friend said he played for 3 hours without even starting the main quest.

    Ive seen a list online of what people have ate in Skyrim.

    This game sounds so detailed. Ugh, I give up. Im just going to get it tomorrow.
    3 hours?

    I'm 18 hours in and I haven't started the main storyline yet. In these games, there's no use in rushing in. You can, but what's the point when there is so much to be discovered? There are so many little side quests and random events you encounter that you could literally totally ignore the main story and still invest over 100 hours into this game.

    Many people liked Oblivion, the previous Elder Scolls game, but I thought it sucked. Well, I didn't think it sucked, but it still pales in comparison drastically when stacked up to Skyrim and Oblivion was Game of the Year on the 360, PS3, and PC when it debuted in '06.

    Oblivion was just hills of green with trees here and there while Skyrim has snow drenched mountain terrain, great plains, a vast swamp, wooded areas, etc.

    The sense of exploration in Skyrim is incredible. Every city, town, dungeon, ruin, and cave are unique. There are city's built upon a slew of waterfalls, massive caves containing rain forests underground, ruins and dungeons with booby traps and unique weapons and armor hidden throughout just waiting to be picked up...it's f*cking awesome.


    As far as the Elder Scrolls series goes, Skyrim is much more like Morrowind than Oblivion.

    And that's a great, great thing.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 11-16-2011 at 12:31 AM.

  3. #163
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    32,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If Skyrim isn't Game of the Year, then a great injustice has been committed.

    Seriously, this is the best game I've ever played.


    Ever.
    So it's good, then?





    I think I killed an hour alone on character creation. I think I am getting too paranoid in picking the wrong one. Advice?

    Right now I went with the Argonian lizard-looking dude, because I just thought it would be cool to live as a Velociraptor...

  4. #164
    Rolled an Argonian Lizard Dude myself. Went Archery, Heavy Armor, One-Handed Weapons, and Armor Crafting Skills thus far.

    Only at the second major town area, killed my first Dragon. Doing some exploring and side quests mostly, figuring out which follower I want to use.

  5. #165
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    ...I've been playing for about 10 hours and all I am doing is building up gold and experience in all the different tasks I come across.
    How do you guys do this without getting served with divorce papers?

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    How do you guys do this without getting served with divorce papers?
    I do all my gaming after the signif. has gone to bed. I'm a late night guy.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    How do you guys do this without getting served with divorce papers?
    I have an office/game room.

    Use a bluetooth headset and she won't know if I'm working or playing.

    I'm almost never working.

  8. #168
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So it's good, then?





    I think I killed an hour alone on character creation. I think I am getting too paranoid in picking the wrong one. Advice?

    Right now I went with the Argonian lizard-looking dude, because I just thought it would be cool to live as a Velociraptor...
    It all depends on how you want to play the game.

    If you're more into a sneak/stealth or marksman build, then Argonians and Khajits are your best bets.

    If you want to be a badass warrior who likes to run up and deal with his enemies head on, then go with a Nord, Orc, or Redguard.

    If you want a heavy emphasis on Magic, then go with one of the Elf classes.

    Bretons and Imperials are the balanced classes.

    I personally made a Conan inspired Nord with a heavy emphasis on two handed wepons, light and heavy armor, and sneak. There's even a perk for two handed weapons that gives you a chance to decapitate your enemies with a power strike.

  9. #169
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I do all my gaming after the signif. has gone to bed. I'm a late night guy.
    I can't seem to get away with that. If I try, I'll keep getting the "get in here and do me" glares every time she gets up to pretend to use the bathroom.

    Hmmm...maybe I just need to use the pull out bed in the couch, bang her into a coma and use headphones...

  10. #170
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    32,466
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I can't seem to get away with that. If I try, I'll keep getting the "get in here and do me" glares every time she gets up to pretend to use the bathroom.

    Hmmm...maybe I just need to use the pull out bed in the couch, bang her into a coma and use headphones...
    Want to go on that show 'Wife Swap' ?

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Hmmm...maybe I just need to use the pull out bed in the couch, bang her into a coma and use headphones...
    The former is too much work.

    Sleeping pill and headphones will do just fine.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I can't seem to get away with that. If I try, I'll keep getting the "get in here and do me" glares every time she gets up to pretend to use the bathroom.

    Hmmm...maybe I just need to use the pull out bed in the couch, bang her into a coma and use headphones...
    Meh, not a complaint I'd raise tbh. Sex > Gaming my friend.

    Enjoy it while it lasts.

  13. #173
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    32,466
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I can't seem to get away with that. If I try, I'll keep getting the "get in here and do me" glares every time she gets up to pretend to use the bathroom.

    Hmmm...maybe I just need to use the pull out bed in the couch, bang her into a coma and use headphones...
    Or just have turkey dinners with wine every night.

    And I avoid the grief by playing after she goes to bed. If we're watching a movie and she dozes off, I leave and hit up the PS3. That's the rule.

  14. #174
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So it's good, then?





    I think I killed an hour alone on character creation. I think I am getting too paranoid in picking the wrong one. Advice?

    Right now I went with the Argonian lizard-looking dude, because I just thought it would be cool to live as a Velociraptor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Rolled an Argonian Lizard Dude myself. Went Archery, Heavy Armor, One-Handed Weapons, and Armor Crafting Skills thus far.

    Only at the second major town area, killed my first Dragon. Doing some exploring and side quests mostly, figuring out which follower I want to use.
    I went Dark Elf. I'll be working on lots of magic stuff with an eye towards archery and one-handed weapons as well. I'm loving the "Shout" power. Can't wait to kill another dragon to see what the next dragonborne skill is like.

    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    How do you guys do this without getting served with divorce papers?
    Meh, it's been like this since we were dating. Gaming has always been "my thing". Was never a bar guy, so I guess that's why it isn't an issue.

  15. #175
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    32,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It all depends on how you want to play the game.

    If you're more into a sneak/stealth or marksman build, then Argonians and Khajits are your best bets.

    If you want to be a badass warrior who likes to run up and deal with his enemies head on, then go with a Nord, Orc, or Redguard.

    If you want a heavy emphasis on Magic, then go with one of the Elf classes.

    Bretons and Imperials are the balanced classes.

    I personally made a Conan inspired Nord with a heavy emphasis on two handed wepons, light and heavy armor, and sneak. There's even a perk for two handed weapons that gives you a chance to decapitate your enemies with a power strike.

    I'm extremely bad at stealth - but killing people with an bow & arrow is fun as hell. Personally I think the Argonians are the coolest looking ones, but I am definitely more of a Nord-type player where I would rather just rush in and kill people.

  16. #176

  17. #177
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    23,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I'm extremely bad at stealth...
    You need to play more Splinter Cell, grasshopper.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    J!
    T

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    T
    Currently playing MW3 online. Then Uncharted 3. Then maybe Skyrim, but I wasn't a massive fan of elder scrolls. Impressive, but I got bored. Skyrim better?

  20. #180
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    32,466
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    You need to play more Splinter Cell, grasshopper.
    Meh...the stealthiest game I ever played was Metal Gear Solid 3.
    Not really my style.

    Does camping count as stealth?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us