Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Haha you obviously never had to put your PS1 sideways so the disc would spin. Google it, that's a true story. I also had a PS3 go bad on me, and an Xbox with the RROD...nothing is perfect.

Why is playstation the more powerful system? The only spec difference is the type of RAM from what I saw. Again, XBOX is getting a bad rap.

XBOX = Geno Smith. At some point it became trendy to **** all over it, but it may shock people in practice.
    Sony's CPU (AMD x86-64 semi custom) is more impressive than Microsoft's AMD 8 core APU.

Sony's hard drive is also user upgradeable. Microsoft's isn't.

The PS4 is basically on par with a lot of high end, modern PC's.

Not to mention you get a top of the line, Sony-brand Blu-Ray player built in (not even sure what kind or brand of Blu-Ray player the XBOX One is equipped with).

I also won't have my system totally lock up on me with the PS4 if I can't connect to the internet and there are no restrictions with used games on Sony's end. I can still borrow a game from a buddy (and vice versa) or trade in a game if I don't like it or tire of it.

I don't have to pay a penny to play games online with the PS4.

And, I'm paying $100 less for the PS4 which to me, has the way more interesting exclusive titles.

Sony is clearly on the way to winning this generation of console wars. It has nothing to do with being a "fanboy" of Sony or anything. It has everything to do with Microsoft totally sh*tting the bed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Really now?

Granted, I've been a loyal PS fan for years now, but nothing Microsoft has done in the last 24 hours has convinced me to buy their system.

And I was really close to buying the 360, I really was - and the only reason I was even thinking of doing so was because of the Skyrim DLC's.

However the 360 or PS3 isn't a 'fanboy' decision; it was more of a gaming lifestyle decision.

Most people who favor the 360 do so because their online gaming service via XBL is far superior to PSN's, and there are also far more people playing multiplayer games on the 360.

The majority of the games I play are single player (Skyrim, Fallout, Bioshock, etc), so why should I plunk down 60.00 for a service I don't use?

From what Ive read on other forums, the gameplay and performance on most titles is nearly identical on the 360 and PS3, so why should I bother to make the change? If my kids really wanted a Kinect to play Just Dance or Kinectimals I would get a system in a heartbeat.

If Fallout4 was a XB1 exclusive, the same would apply

All of these links I've posted in the Video Game thread (I'm the only one that posts in it lately it seems) I've yet to see a rebuttal from you or anyone else on what I have said so far is factually incorrect, so why are you calling me the fanboy?

Maybe you can try to convince me and others that what MS is trying to pull off is going to be good for gaming, and good for the consumer.

I like Microsoft, I really do, but for now they can stay in the Office, they haven't given me any reason to put them in my living room.
    Much better. That post probably came off a little douchey, so my bad.

Xbox is clearly going a different direction than a typical gaming platform. I think their focus is having an entire household benefit from the purchase of their product.

The PS4 is light years ahead of where the PS3 was upon its release, so you'll likely see a shift in folks entering their multi-player universe, which may or may not lead to paid subscriptions based on server needs.

I'll personally shy away from Sony until they fix their controller outlay. That's my only issue holding me back from buying the PS4.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW watch dogs is going to be a must have. if anyone hasnt seen the gameplay demo at the PS4 event today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJj9GmuNaew
    Yeah, this is definitely my type of game...I'm pretty stoked for this one. There's another vid where they talk to the developers and they discuss how the gaming experience is so vast that it will be different for each player. If you utilize the hacking system and disable a police car in a really cool way, you can immediately upload the vid to Facebook or whatever...pretty cool.

EDIT: Same vid, but seemingly better quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEHwaScI6es
    Last edited by RageATL; 06-11-2013 at 09:51 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen much about the specs other than hardware etc. Will the PS4 play PS3 games?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sony's CPU (AMD x86-64 semi custom) is more impressive than Microsoft's AMD 8 core APU.

Sony's hard drive is also user upgradeable. Microsoft's isn't.

The PS4 is basically on par with a lot of high end, modern PC's.

Not to mention you get a top of the line, Sony-brand Blu-Ray player built in (not even sure what kind or brand of Blu-Ray player the XBOX One is equipped with).

I also won't have my system totally lock up on me with the PS4 if I can't connect to the internet and there are no restrictions with used games on Sony's end. I can still borrow a game from a buddy (and vice versa) or trade in a game if I don't like it or tire of it.

And, I'm paying $100 less for the PS4 which to me, has the way more interesting exclusive titles.

Sony is clearly on the way to winning this generation of console wars. It has nothing to do with being a "fanboy" of Sony or anything. It has everything to do with Microsoft totally sh*tting the bed.
    What makes the Sony CPU more impressive?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What makes the Sony CPU more impressive?
    Pretty much everything

It's going to account for faster load times, less framerate issues, smoother menu navigation, etc.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually that part isn't true, in order you go online you'll need to sign up for PS+, which I think comes out to 60.00 a year, maybe less. Can't say that I didn't see this happening though, it was only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Much better. That post probably came off a little douchey, so my bad.

Xbox is clearly going a different direction than a typical gaming platform. I think their focus is having an entire household benefit from the purchase of their product.

The PS4 is light years ahead of where the PS3 was upon its release, so you'll likely see a shift in folks entering their multi-player universe, which may or may not lead to paid subscriptions based on server needs.

I'll personally shy away from Sony until they fix their controller outlay. That's my only issue holding me back from buying the PS4.
    No worries Conversely I don't like the MS controllers, I never have - I tried once, I really did try, but I couldn't get around the extra buttons and what not. You know, old dogs, new tricks, etc.

I would have been open to a XB1 (because I think with Kinect2 that would go over well in the house, as a selling point to the rest of the family), but the way MS has been going with this whole DRM thing really has been a turn off. The online 'check-in' just seems like a way for MS to constantly monitor its consoles....I haven't seen a real explanation for it, and it just seems like BS to me.

It seemed like Sony learned from their PS3 launch fiasco from their own arrogance, and now it looks like MS has suffered the same fate.

Granted all of these are all just ideas at this point, it wont matter if Sony can't delivery on their promises. I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    I haven't seen much about the specs other than hardware etc. Will the PS4 play PS3 games?
    I don't believe it will - however I think the are planning to use Gaikai for game streaming on older PS titles, at least that's what I got out of it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually that part isn't true, in order you go online you'll need to sign up for PS+, which I think comes out to 60.00 a year, maybe less. Can't say that I didn't see this happening though, it was only a matter of time.
    Yeah, just checked.

$49.99 a year

You can still use the internet browser for free though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's nice that the games will remain at the $60 price point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, just checked.

$49.99 a year

You can still use the internet browser for free though.
    In all honesty I was thinking of joining PS Plus anyway. At first I thought 'they are pulling the same crap as MS!' so initially I sluffed it off. However, after seeing how much stuff is free for + members, and how many items are reduced for + members, it practically pays for itself.

It's nice that the games will remain at the $60 price point.

Agreed.

I almost crapped myself when I saw the initial demo for Max Mad, at first I thought it was Fallout 4....but then again, it could be like Fallout with cars lolz.....

Does anyone know what time Bethesda is on the clock today? Curious to see if they have any surprises.

I think they are showing trailers for TESO, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein....and I know I'm missing a couple.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty I was thinking of joining PS Plus anyway. At first I thought 'they are pulling the same crap as MS!' so initially I sluffed it off. However, after seeing how much stuff is free for + members, and how many items are reduced for + members, it practically pays for itself.
    Yep

They also let you "rent" a sh*tload of games for an hour at a time for free to see if you're interested in buying.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Evil Within is going to be tits

Old school survival horror like the old Resident Evil and Silent Hill games.

Limited weapons and ammo and some truly horrifying stuff.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 06-11-2013 at 12:49 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just placed my pre-order for the PS4 on Amazon

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just placed my pre-order for the PS4 on Amazon
    Do they only charge your credit card once it ships?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do they only charge your credit card once it ships?
    Yes

No charge until it actually ships

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's some pics from E3 so far, Im sure there;s tons of games to talk about:

http://imgur.com/a/zYGob

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I'd love to place a pre-order, does anyone think it's a better idea to hold off on the first ones rolling off the conveyor belt to ensure they get any glitches fixed? It seems like the first models of systems always have some kind of issue.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I'd love to place a pre-order, does anyone think it's a better idea to hold off on the first ones rolling off the conveyor belt to ensure they get any glitches fixed? It seems like the first models of systems always have some kind of issue.
    I think we're at a point with technology that it shouldn't be an issue, at least for the hardware. Software patches are downloadable and those will always be needed. I feel safe with a pre-order.