Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by houyx View Post
    I didn't play the game, I watched a lot of it on youtube. Looks like a great game, definitely deserving of all the praise it has gotten.
    You should probably edit you post and take that out completely - it's pretty hard not to read what you just wrote.
    Last edited by Fishooked; 07-11-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You should probably edit you post and take that out completely - it's pretty hard not to read what you just wrote.
    I meant I watched a few hours (probably 5-6 hrs) of long playthrough video of TLOU.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just figured I'd share one of my favorite subreddits, r/GamePhysics -

http://www.reddit.com/r/GamePhysics/top/

here's an example:

And this is what happened to me in SKyrim

Jets Insider VIP
    Just figured I'd share one of my favorite subreddits, r/GamePhysics -

http://www.reddit.com/r/GamePhysics/top/

here's an example:

so you can fake an injury in a soccer game? Figures. Looks like he's hopping around trying to get an official's attention.

Stopped playing video games when the GTA and Madden series got old.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Really?

You are missing out my friend, there is so much more out there to see & do.
    Sure games like these you can drop in and out of without much thought afterwards, but the medium has evolved so much that there really are some incredible, immersive experiences out there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Sports games as a whole suck.

I can't think of a more repetitive genre.

GTA has bored me in the past as well but GTA V looks tits.

You're seriously missing out if you haven't played The Elder Scrolls series, Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, the Mass Effect games, The Last of Us, etc.

Veteran
    I am beta testing Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and i start testing Assassins Creed 4 next week. Definitely digging Blacklist, more stealth than just shoot em up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    I am beta testing Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and i start testing Assassins Creed 4 next week. Definitely digging Blacklist, more stealth than just shoot em up.
    Really? Do you QA test these for a living, or are you part of a beta release?

Jets Insider VIP
    Sooo.....

What is everyone playing these days?

After I finished The Last Of Us (amazing experience), I've started 2nd playthrough, and been trying out the multiplayer, which is incredibly underrated in my opinion. ALso can't wait to see what kind of DLC they come up with for this game.

There is also a rumor that BioShock Infinite DLC info to be released tomorrow.

I've also started replaying BioShock2 once again as well, the new Rapture Edition is well worth picking up if you've never played the series before - includes both BioShock 1 & 2, plus all extras & DLCs.

Veteran
    Really? Do you QA test these for a living, or are you part of a beta release?
    I have been doing this for a couple of years, i do residential property management, and this gives me a little money for future games. I do the multiplayer beta's right before the release.

Veteran
    Sooo.....

After I finished The Last Of Us (amazing experience), I've started 2nd playthrough, and been trying out the multiplayer, which is incredibly underrated in my opinion. ALso can't wait to see what kind of DLC they come up with for this game.

I've also started replaying BioShock2 once again as well, the new Rapture Edition is well worth picking up if you've never played the series before - includes both BioShock 1 & 2, plus all extras & DLCs.

Playing Skyrim, Hockey. I really want to get Diablo 3 when it comes out for PS3.

Jets Insider VIP
    I watched The Wizard with my kid the other night. Great flick. The 8 bit Nintendo was legendary. I miss it.

Cool

Surprised that there hasn't been much talk on this thread of sports games.

I really, truly miss the NFL 2K series. 2K5 is the greatest football game ever, IMO. Hell, to this day I play with updated rosters. Wish I could still play online. Also wish the NFL would stop being so damn stupid and give their license to other companies to make other NFL games. I don't think it's fair to the consumer for sports leagues to do exclusive deals with companies for their games. 10 ears ago, you had several NFL games. Both Microsoft (NFL Fever) and Sony (NFL GameDay) had their own NFL games. To be fair, 2K does this with the NBA as well, and while I love NBA 2K I think other companies should have a shot at it as well.

I try to like Madden, I really do, but it's so damn cartoony, and after 20 years you STILL can't play defense on the damn thing. Plus, no franchise on Madden 13?? Truly stupid. I absolutely cannot fathom why this series has become as famous as it has, or why the NFL dicked over 2K the way it did when 2K5 was such an amazing game experience and really showed off the NFL product. I've heard the reason was 2K selling it at $19.99 to undercut Madden. Well, one can only hope that this changes in the near future.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Surprised that there hasn't been much talk on this thread of sports games.

I really, truly miss the NFL 2K series. 2K5 is the greatest football game ever, IMO. Hell, to this day I play with updated rosters. Wish I could still play online. Also wish the NFL would stop being so damn stupid and give their license to other companies to make other NFL games. I don't think it's fair to the consumer for sports leagues to do exclusive deals with companies for their games. 10 ears ago, you had several NFL games. Both Microsoft (NFL Fever) and Sony (NFL GameDay) had their own NFL games. To be fair, 2K does this with the NBA as well, and while I love NBA 2K I think other companies should have a shot at it as well.

I try to like Madden, I really do, but it's so damn cartoony, and after 20 years you STILL can't play defense on the damn thing. Plus, no franchise on Madden 13?? Truly stupid. I absolutely cannot fathom why this series has become as famous as it has, or why the NFL dicked over 2K the way it did when 2K5 was such an amazing game experience and really showed off the NFL product. I've heard the reason was 2K selling it at $19.99 to undercut Madden. Well, one can only hope that this changes in the near future.
    Seriously, let Tecmo Bowl get the license back and lets do this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sooo.....

Just started Last of Us. Got it for my B-day...then got hit with that Cyclospora bug.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have been doing this for a couple of years, i do residential property management, and this gives me a little money for future games. I do the multiplayer beta's right before the release.
    I would love to do this at least part time - if anything just to use the excuse that 'I'm working' when I am on the PS3. Hell Im already in the QA field already....well sorta, not for games though.

Veteran
    I would love to do this at least part time - if anything just to use the excuse that 'I'm working' when I am on the PS3. Hell Im already in the QA field already....well sorta, not for games though.
    Check your inbox and join me!! Splinter cell was a blast the other night. And they have been keeping the servers open.

From one Jets fan to another!

Jets Insider VIP
    Check your inbox and join me!! Splinter cell was a blast the other night. And they have been keeping the servers open.

From one Jets fan to another!
    Reoger that - sent off my info and away we go!

On another note, BioShock Infinite DLC drops today, Burial At Sea later this year. BAS looks incredible.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/30/457...urprises-today

Jets Insider VIP
    I've decided to just put Skyrim down for good.

My save file has gotten so goddamn huge that I can't go more than 15 minutes without the game freezing on me.

Don't think there's much left for me to do anyway.

Now I'm just replaying Uncharted 3 and Hitman Absolution.