Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1135

Thread: The Video Game thread

  1. #1061
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post


    If you like that, head on over to www.reddit.com/r/gamephysics for more lulz
    Speaking of which


  2. #1062
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Barcelona Catalunya
    Posts
    473
    Seeing as you mention it a lot, I thought this might be helpful to Fishooked.

    http://venturebeat.com/2012/10/08/di...ed-game-guide/

    I think it's applicable to a lot of stealth games.

  3. #1063
    Anyone participating in the Destiny beta? So far, it's been pretty fun. The story mode is pretty good so far. Not only can you team up with 2 other people to game with, but randoms can come in and assist you as well.

  4. #1064
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandal26 View Post
    Anyone participating in the Destiny beta? So far, it's been pretty fun. The story mode is pretty good so far. Not only can you team up with 2 other people to game with, but randoms can come in and assist you as well.
    Yes. Played the first three missions. Seems like fun.

    Currently waiting for TLOU Remastered to be released. Never played it on the PS3 so I want to see what all the hype is about. Hate that they arent making it available for preload.

  5. #1065
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandal26 View Post
    Anyone participating in the Destiny beta? So far, it's been pretty fun. The story mode is pretty good so far. Not only can you team up with 2 other people to game with, but randoms can come in and assist you as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes. Played the first three missions. Seems like fun.

    Currently waiting for TLOU Remastered to be released. Never played it on the PS3 so I want to see what all the hype is about. Hate that they arent making it available for preload.

    Yes I have been as well; reminds me of a cross between Halo & Mass Effect; game looks great so far and plays pretty well. This game really wasnt on my radar personally but it is now.
    Either the enemies seem tougher or I just stink; probably the latter but some of them dont go down easy at all.

  6. #1066
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,818
    lolz


  7. #1067
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,818
    Your friends, explained by game developers



  8. #1068
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,540
    Looks like Red Dead 2 is being targeted for fall 2015 as it's currently being worked on, good news indeed.

  9. #1069
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Looks like Red Dead 2 is being targeted for fall 2015 as it's currently being worked on, good news indeed.
    Link?

    I still have the first one and I just can't seem to get myself into it. Maybe it's because I keep shooting all of the cattle at the ranch where you first start lolz

  10. #1070
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Link?

    I still have the first one and I just can't seem to get myself into it. Maybe it's because I keep shooting all of the cattle at the ranch where you first start lolz
    http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...lease-date.htm

    That's crazy man, apparently you're the only one, haha!

  11. #1071
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...lease-date.htm

    That's crazy man, apparently you're the only one, haha!

    It's Rockstar's own fault for conditioning me into killing everything all the time

  12. #1072
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,544
    Red Dead >>>> GTA

  13. #1073
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your mom's house
    Posts
    8,540

    The Video Game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    It's Rockstar's own fault for conditioning me into killing everything all the time
    Haha fair enough, I do the same in GTA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Red Dead >>>> GTA
    As much as I love RDR, no way I think it's better than GTA.

  14. #1074
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,544
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    As much as I love RDR, no way I think it's better than GTA.
    GTA has been the same sh*t over and over again for years. There's really no huge difference between GTA V and San Andreas (a game that is 10 years old now) besides prettier graphics and the fact that you could do a helluva lot more in San Andreas.

    RDR was unlike any other game ever made. Hell, it's still unlike any other game ever made. I don't see too many Eastwood/Leone spaghetti western inspired games rolling down the pike.

    Contrast that with how many "open world" urban crime games that are out there (Saints Row series, Sleeping Dogs, etc).

    My biggest problem with the GTA games is how linear they are. When I think open world, I think Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Not GTA where I can only go inside of like 8 buildings in the entire game. Hell, you couldn't even go inside the businesses that you bought in GTA V.

  15. #1075
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    GTA has been the same sh*t over and over again for years. There's really no huge difference between GTA V and San Andreas (a game that is 10 years old now) besides prettier graphics and the fact that you could do a helluva lot more in San Andreas.

    RDR was unlike any other game ever made. Hell, it's still unlike any other game ever made. I don't see too many Eastwood/Leone spaghetti western inspired games rolling down the pike.

    Contrast that with how many "open world" urban crime games that are out there (Saints Row series, Sleeping Dogs, etc).

    My biggest problem with the GTA games is how linear they are. When I think open world, I think Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Not GTA where I can only go inside of like 8 buildings in the entire game. Hell, you couldn't even go inside the businesses that you bought in GTA V.
    There wouldn't be those other games if it wasn't for GTA3. It was revolutionary.
    Anything that has success is going to be copied.

    Linear really isn't the word to describe GTA; you can stop and start any of the missions that you want.
    With regards to Fallout/ES you can't compare them to GTA. GTA is all cityscapes and buildings galore; Fallout is a wasteland with sparse buildings, and you can't gain access to all of them. With ES/Skyrim all of those locations serve a purpose.

    For some reason being inside a building or establishment feels clumsy to be anyway; it's all about driving and wreaking havoc in the roads.

  16. #1076
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    There wouldn't be those other games if it wasn't for GTA3. It was revolutionary.
    Anything that has success is going to be copied.

    Linear really isn't the word to describe GTA; you can stop and start any of the missions that you want.
    With regards to Fallout/ES you can't compare them to GTA. GTA is all cityscapes and buildings galore; Fallout is a wasteland with sparse buildings, and you can't gain access to all of them. With ES/Skyrim all of those locations serve a purpose.

    For some reason being inside a building or establishment feels clumsy to be anyway; it's all about driving and wreaking havoc in the roads.
    In terms of a supposed "open world" game, I think it's very linear.

    After you complete the main campaign, what is there to do in this open world? Just drive around and shoot at people?

    How many times can you parachute out of a plane or ride a jetski before it becomes a complete and total bore?

    They also made the cops a total pain in the ass in GTA V. Shoot someone out in the middle of nowhere and I immediately have 4 stars? It was also way harder to ditch them. I run around and kill two people and all the sudden I have the swat team on my ass and I'm dead in 5 seconds. It makes it pretty frustrating when you're just trying to wreak some havoc around the city. It almost forces you just to drive around and do nothing other than listen to music if you don't want to get blown away in a millisecond.

    And I think one of the biggest letdowns to me were the heists. Rockstar made it sound like you would be able to plan them whenever you wanted. Not just restrict you to like 5 of them during the main campaign. I still don't even think they've brought heists to GTA Online yet despite promising that sh*t back in October.

  17. #1077
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,544

  18. #1078
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,544

  19. #1079
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    In terms of a supposed "open world" game, I think it's very linear.

    After you complete the main campaign, what is there to do in this open world? Just drive around and shoot at people?

    How many times can you parachute out of a plane or ride a jetski before it becomes a complete and total bore?

    They also made the cops a total pain in the ass in GTA V. Shoot someone out in the middle of nowhere and I immediately have 4 stars? It was also way harder to ditch them. I run around and kill two people and all the sudden I have the swat team on my ass and I'm dead in 5 seconds. It makes it pretty frustrating when you're just trying to wreak some havoc around the city. It almost forces you just to drive around and do nothing other than listen to music if you don't want to get blown away in a millisecond.

    And I think one of the biggest letdowns to me were the heists. Rockstar made it sound like you would be able to plan them whenever you wanted. Not just restrict you to like 5 of them during the main campaign. I still don't even think they've brought heists to GTA Online yet despite promising that sh*t back in October.

    To be honest there is a lot I still haven't done yet, but its the sort of game I keep around because sometimes you just have the urge to rampage.
    They really missed the boat with online play too.

    I agree with you on the cops - it's freaking ridiculous - they should at least have an agreessiveness slider or something - and the military guys are even worse.

  20. #1080
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

    There is some serious nightmare fuel in that game already

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us