Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1135

Thread: The Video Game thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

If you like that, head on over to www.reddit.com/r/gamephysics for more lulz
    Speaking of which

Practice Squad
    Seeing as you mention it a lot, I thought this might be helpful to Fishooked.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/10/08/di...ed-game-guide/

I think it's applicable to a lot of stealth games.

Anyone participating in the Destiny beta? So far, it's been pretty fun. The story mode is pretty good so far. Not only can you team up with 2 other people to game with, but randoms can come in and assist you as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandal26 View Post
    Anyone participating in the Destiny beta? So far, it's been pretty fun. The story mode is pretty good so far. Not only can you team up with 2 other people to game with, but randoms can come in and assist you as well.
    Yes. Played the first three missions. Seems like fun.

Currently waiting for TLOU Remastered to be released. Never played it on the PS3 so I want to see what all the hype is about. Hate that they arent making it available for preload.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandal26 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes. Played the first three missions. Seems like fun.

Currently waiting for TLOU Remastered to be released. Never played it on the PS3 so I want to see what all the hype is about. Hate that they arent making it available for preload.

Yes I have been as well; reminds me of a cross between Halo & Mass Effect; game looks great so far and plays pretty well. This game really wasnt on my radar personally but it is now.
    Either the enemies seem tougher or I just stink; probably the latter but some of them dont go down easy at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    lolz

Jets Insider VIP
    Your friends, explained by game developers

All Pro
    Looks like Red Dead 2 is being targeted for fall 2015 as it's currently being worked on, good news indeed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Looks like Red Dead 2 is being targeted for fall 2015 as it's currently being worked on, good news indeed.
    Link?

I still have the first one and I just can't seem to get myself into it. Maybe it's because I keep shooting all of the cattle at the ranch where you first start lolz

All Pro
    Link?

I still have the first one and I just can't seem to get myself into it. Maybe it's because I keep shooting all of the cattle at the ranch where you first start lolz
    http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...lease-date.htm

That's crazy man, apparently you're the only one, haha!

Jets Insider VIP
    http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/...lease-date.htm

That's crazy man, apparently you're the only one, haha!

It's Rockstar's own fault for conditioning me into killing everything all the time

Jets Insider VIP
    Red Dead >>>> GTA

All Pro

The Video Game thread

It's Rockstar's own fault for conditioning me into killing everything all the time
    Haha fair enough, I do the same in GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Red Dead >>>> GTA
    As much as I love RDR, no way I think it's better than GTA.

Jets Insider VIP
    As much as I love RDR, no way I think it's better than GTA.
    GTA has been the same sh*t over and over again for years. There's really no huge difference between GTA V and San Andreas (a game that is 10 years old now) besides prettier graphics and the fact that you could do a helluva lot more in San Andreas.

RDR was unlike any other game ever made. Hell, it's still unlike any other game ever made. I don't see too many Eastwood/Leone spaghetti western inspired games rolling down the pike.

Contrast that with how many "open world" urban crime games that are out there (Saints Row series, Sleeping Dogs, etc).

My biggest problem with the GTA games is how linear they are. When I think open world, I think Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Not GTA where I can only go inside of like 8 buildings in the entire game. Hell, you couldn't even go inside the businesses that you bought in GTA V.

Jets Insider VIP
    GTA has been the same sh*t over and over again for years. There's really no huge difference between GTA V and San Andreas (a game that is 10 years old now) besides prettier graphics and the fact that you could do a helluva lot more in San Andreas.

RDR was unlike any other game ever made. Hell, it's still unlike any other game ever made. I don't see too many Eastwood/Leone spaghetti western inspired games rolling down the pike.

Contrast that with how many "open world" urban crime games that are out there (Saints Row series, Sleeping Dogs, etc).

My biggest problem with the GTA games is how linear they are. When I think open world, I think Fallout or Elder Scrolls. Not GTA where I can only go inside of like 8 buildings in the entire game. Hell, you couldn't even go inside the businesses that you bought in GTA V.
    There wouldn't be those other games if it wasn't for GTA3. It was revolutionary.
    Anything that has success is going to be copied.

Linear really isn't the word to describe GTA; you can stop and start any of the missions that you want.
    With regards to Fallout/ES you can't compare them to GTA. GTA is all cityscapes and buildings galore; Fallout is a wasteland with sparse buildings, and you can't gain access to all of them. With ES/Skyrim all of those locations serve a purpose.

For some reason being inside a building or establishment feels clumsy to be anyway; it's all about driving and wreaking havoc in the roads.

Jets Insider VIP
    There wouldn't be those other games if it wasn't for GTA3. It was revolutionary.
    Anything that has success is going to be copied.

Linear really isn't the word to describe GTA; you can stop and start any of the missions that you want.
    With regards to Fallout/ES you can't compare them to GTA. GTA is all cityscapes and buildings galore; Fallout is a wasteland with sparse buildings, and you can't gain access to all of them. With ES/Skyrim all of those locations serve a purpose.

For some reason being inside a building or establishment feels clumsy to be anyway; it's all about driving and wreaking havoc in the roads.
    In terms of a supposed "open world" game, I think it's very linear.

After you complete the main campaign, what is there to do in this open world? Just drive around and shoot at people?

How many times can you parachute out of a plane or ride a jetski before it becomes a complete and total bore?

They also made the cops a total pain in the ass in GTA V. Shoot someone out in the middle of nowhere and I immediately have 4 stars? It was also way harder to ditch them. I run around and kill two people and all the sudden I have the swat team on my ass and I'm dead in 5 seconds. It makes it pretty frustrating when you're just trying to wreak some havoc around the city. It almost forces you just to drive around and do nothing other than listen to music if you don't want to get blown away in a millisecond.

And I think one of the biggest letdowns to me were the heists. Rockstar made it sound like you would be able to plan them whenever you wanted. Not just restrict you to like 5 of them during the main campaign. I still don't even think they've brought heists to GTA Online yet despite promising that sh*t back in October.

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP

Jets Insider VIP
    In terms of a supposed "open world" game, I think it's very linear.

After you complete the main campaign, what is there to do in this open world? Just drive around and shoot at people?

How many times can you parachute out of a plane or ride a jetski before it becomes a complete and total bore?

They also made the cops a total pain in the ass in GTA V. Shoot someone out in the middle of nowhere and I immediately have 4 stars? It was also way harder to ditch them. I run around and kill two people and all the sudden I have the swat team on my ass and I'm dead in 5 seconds. It makes it pretty frustrating when you're just trying to wreak some havoc around the city. It almost forces you just to drive around and do nothing other than listen to music if you don't want to get blown away in a millisecond.

And I think one of the biggest letdowns to me were the heists. Rockstar made it sound like you would be able to plan them whenever you wanted. Not just restrict you to like 5 of them during the main campaign. I still don't even think they've brought heists to GTA Online yet despite promising that sh*t back in October.

To be honest there is a lot I still haven't done yet, but its the sort of game I keep around because sometimes you just have the urge to rampage.
    They really missed the boat with online play too.

I agree with you on the cops - it's freaking ridiculous - they should at least have an agreessiveness slider or something - and the military guys are even worse.

Jets Insider VIP

There is some serious nightmare fuel in that game already