Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Of course they're opinions.

Which is exactly why I placed "which I prefer" and "IMO" next to said opinions.

And I never said that the PS4 is "much" more powerful than the new XBOX, but yeah, it certainly has the edge. Just as the PS3 had the edge over the 360 in terms of hardware specs.

And as I said before, I'm not an online gamer. So any problems with the Playstation Network or XBOX Live don't really effect me at all.

Again, IMO Sony offers the better single player experience, better exclusive titles, and is more focused on the games than they are with launching a social media hub.

And they're offering their new system at $100 dollars less than their competitor.

So yeah, I'll be picking up a PS4.
    you did...and its just not true. i don't mean to be a dick or anything, but u seem like you are buying into the xbox hate without having much facts. the truth is, none of us have any facts except for vague definition of specs (i.e. what the hell is a customer build CPU for xbox) and knowing that there is a 100 dollar price difference.

And it's easily the more powerful system with (IMO) the much better exclusive titles.

Sony is saying "We don't give a sh*t if we take a profit loss, we're more interested in re-establishing ourselves as the king of gaming".

I'm loving this.
    I've owned every Playstation and XBOX system as well.

But after I had three of the 360's get that red ring crap, I gave up on Microsoft systems.

Hell, my original PS1 still runs just fine damn near 20 years later.

And as I said earlier, I just don't care for the majority of 1st person shooters and that's Microsoft's claim to fame.

They're just all the same to me.

Shoot all the bad guys, and move on to the next level. Shoot all the bad guys, and move on to the next level.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

It's beyond repetitive and tedious IMO.

Ryse looks pretty sweet, but other than that, I wasn't impressed with any of the XBOX exclusives.

The PS4 is the more powerful system (hands down), has the better exclusives IMO, and is $100 cheaper.

To me, it's a no brainer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Need some advice. I am thinking about buying The last of Us, not sure if I would like it. I play COD and madden. I also liked GTA Vice City. Not sure if I would be into this type of game can you guys please give me your opinion on the game.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    its a fun game. try uncharted...if u like that youll like this. you walk area to area and shoot/stealth kill zombies and soldiers...as you do that there is a storyline unfolding. there are also some puzzles, but i havent seen much.
    I've started playing it and it's awesome so far. I can't tell where the cut scenes end and the game play begins, it's that seamless. I suck at stealth games so Im trying to take my time (for once).

I couldn't care less about Kinnect, Playstation Move or the Wii.

To me, it's a gimmick to get casual gamers and non-gamers more interested in gaming.

When I come home from a 10 hour work day out in the heat and cold, I don't feel like flailing my arms all over the place to play a videogame. I want an old school, handheld controller.

It's another turn-off for me regarding the XBOX One.

They're essentially forcing me to pay an extra $100 bucks for something that I'm never even going to use.

That may be, but for parents who want their kids playing Dance games, Kinectimals, etc - it's definitely marketable, and a selling point. I'd use Sony's version if it was included, I think including it will help MS down the road. Again, it's not my thing - but my kids might like it.

All League
    Are there any MLB The Show online players in here? If so....how often, if at all, do you get the first pitch freeze/disconnect when trying to play online. I have zero online issues with any other PS3 or Xbox games, and this is driving me crazy...love the game, hate the online quality.

Jets Insider VIP
    **** man, The Last Of Us is one of those games where I almost come up with reasons not to play it. D:

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    **** man, The Last Of Us is one of those games where I almost come up with reasons not to play it. D:
    This might honestly become my favorite game of all time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I have no problem with there being a Kinect in my living room. I just don't care. Also, there is a setting to turn it off at all times, but I'm sure for certain games you need it on.
    unless it starts recording your solo sexy time marathons.

Regardless, Microsoft still thinks they have the juice they had in prior years with their "We're MS - **** you. You'll take what we give you." attitude.

Which never made any sense to me since all of their crap-ass software is so buggy....

All Pro
    Dammit with these comments...I just might have to buy this game after all.

How prevalent is the zombie angle? Not a big fan of zombie-related games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post

Incredible game

Don't know if I've ever played a game that hits you this hard emotionally.

They aren't really zombies, per se. More like people who have been mutated due to an outbreak.

It's awesome. The sound effects are f*cking amazing. When a horde of mutants are attacking, you damn near sh*t your pants everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    unless it starts recording your solo sexy time marathons.

Regardless, Microsoft still thinks they have the juice they had in prior years with their "We're MS - **** you. You'll take what we give you." attitude.

Which never made any sense to me since all of their crap-ass software is so buggy....
    Well XBOX software is kick ass. XBOX Live rarely has a problem. PSN went down for months and recently had an update that bricked a bunch of PS3s. Both systems have their benefits. That's why I'll be buying both.

Also turns out Sony was going to include an EYE in every PS4 and charge $499, but pulled it at the last minute to be able to pull off the $399 price tag at E3. Good for the price, but it will obviously kill the EYE completely because if game makers can't guarantee everyone will have it they won't bother supporting it... at least the major ones. I was wondering why they spent so much time promoting the controller light that tracks with the eye and then didn't include one. Just an FYI that Sony wasn't afraid to do the same thing, but both just want your money. Remember that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well XBOX software is kick ass. XBOX Live rarely has a problem. PSN went down for months and recently had an update that bricked a bunch of PS3s. Both systems have their benefits. That's why I'll be buying both.

Also turns out Sony was going to include an EYE in every PS4 and charge $499, but pulled it at the last minute to be able to pull off the $399 price tag at E3. Good for the price, but it will obviously kill the EYE completely because if game makers can't guarantee everyone will have it they won't bother supporting it... at least the major ones. I was wondering why they spent so much time promoting the controller light that tracks with the eye and then didn't include one. Just an FYI that Sony wasn't afraid to do the same thing, but both just want your money. Remember that.
    A good move on Sony's part.

I think they're aware that the majority of gamers couldn't care less about this "motion sensored" stuff. It's a gimmick that only appeals to a niche audience (kids and casual/non-gamers mostly).

So why charge extra for what basically amounts to a $100 dollar dust collector for most gamers?

As you said before, the technology simply isn't there yet and about 98% of the Kinnect games for the 360 and games that supported Playstation Move totally blew. And I seriously doubt they're going to start cranking out AAA Kinect titles anytime soon.

Agreed that both company's want your money. But Sony is at least pretending to care about the consumer and not insult their intelligence.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post

Incredible game

Don't know if I've ever played a game that hits you this hard emotionally.

They aren't really zombies, per se. More like people who have been mutated due to an outbreak.

It's awesome. The sound effects are f*cking amazing. When a horde of mutants are attacking, you damn near sh*t your pants everytime.
    Its easy to categorize this as another chapter in the endless 'zombocalypse' type of games, but this game creeps me out along the lines of Resident Evil2, Silent Hill2 etc, with the music and and general atmosphere of the game itself.

I think it helps the fact they make the scenario seem plausible by using a real-world fungus - Cordyceps - [science/nerd alert]

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...he-last-of-us/

Anyway, every encounter is pretty intense. There are limited resources such as ammo & health. I'm only about a 1/4 of the way through, but I always breathe a sigh of relief after making it through a tough stretch.
    Thankfully, the Clickers can't see you, but if you get bitten my one, you're done.

The visuals are outstanding, I can't tell where the CGI ends and gameplay begins in many instance. You end up becoming emotionally invested and actually caring about the characters , because the voice acting is spot on (especially in the beginning part of the game, any Dad here will know what Im talking about). Also the music & soundtrack just complements everything perfectly.

I'm going through it on easy mode first because I suck at stealth, and I have a tendency to waste bullets. Then I plan on going back and hitting the multiplayer, which I hear is quite good as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    But Sony is at least pretending to care about the consumer and not insult their intelligence.
    All things being equal, it's Microsoft's general arrogance towards the public that really annoyed me. If there was any chance to make a good first impression, they pretty much blew it.

All Pro
    Its easy to categorize this as another chapter in the endless 'zombocalypse' type of games, but this game creeps me out along the lines of Resident Evil2, Silent Hill2 etc, with the music and and general atmosphere of the game itself.

I think it helps the fact they make the scenario seem plausible by using a real-world fungus - Cordyceps - [science/nerd alert]

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...he-last-of-us/

Anyway, every encounter is pretty intense. There are limited resources such as ammo & health. I'm only about a 1/4 of the way through, but I always breathe a sigh of relief after making it through a tough stretch.
    Thankfully, the Clickers can't see you, but if you get bitten my one, you're done.

The visuals are outstanding, I can't tell where the CGI ends and gameplay begins in many instance. You end up becoming emotionally invested and actually caring about the characters , because the voice acting is spot on (especially in the beginning part of the game, any Dad here will know what Im talking about). Also the music & soundtrack just complements everything perfectly.

I'm going through it on easy mode first because I suck at stealth, and I have a tendency to waste bullets. Then I plan on going back and hitting the multiplayer, which I hear is quite good as well.

I don't even use my PS3 anymore except for netflix, maybe a dvd, not much of a gamer but I'm going to pick this up this weekend. Got a bestbuy gift card recently, make sit an even easier decision. My only fear is that I just won't have much time to play and can;t afford to stay up late during the week, having a 6 month old baby does not mix with video game marathons.

Still, it's only gonna cost me like $10 and it seems like it's great game. Is it easy to play, in that you don;t have to pull of sophisticated stuff with teh controller, etc. Old guy who was never very good at anything besdies madden and GTA...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    I don't even use my PS3 anymore except for netflix, maybe a dvd, not much of a gamer but I'm going to pick this up this weekend. Got a bestbuy gift card recently, make sit an even easier decision. My only fear is that I just won't have much time to play and can;t afford to stay up late during the week, having a 6 month old baby does not mix with video game marathons.

Still, it's only gonna cost me like $10 and it seems like it's great game. Is it easy to play, in that you don;t have to pull of sophisticated stuff with teh controller, etc. Old guy who was never very good at anything besdies madden and GTA...
    If you're anything like me, you'll be afraid to play it anyway - or at least play it for long stretches.

The game does a good job of holding your hand from the beginning - meaning certain tutorials and things to do are unlocked as you progress, at least it is in 'easy' mode.

I don't know how long the actual single player campaign is, but from what I've heard it's pretty much an emotional roller coaster ride. Definitely stay away from spoilers!

Also GTAV comes out in Sept (17th)? I think so if you're on the fence you could always wait

Jets Insider VIP

Not that Sony is much better: losing players' private information, and that rootkit they included a few years ago.

My son has an XBOX and a Wii, but I'm converting him to PC games.

All Pro
    If you're anything like me, you'll be afraid to play it anyway - or at least play it for long stretches.

The game does a good job of holding your hand from the beginning - meaning certain tutorials and things to do are unlocked as you progress, at least it is in 'easy' mode.

I don't know how long the actual single player campaign is, but from what I've heard it's pretty much an emotional roller coaster ride. Definitely stay away from spoilers!

Also GTAV comes out in Sept (17th)? I think so if you're on the fence you could always wait

Man, I loved GTA, only finished the first one though. I was out of work for a loooong time because of back surgery and my girlfriend got me the game for my birthday. It went very, very, very well with moderate to high percocet usage!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Man, I loved GTA, only finished the first one though. I was out of work for a loooong time because of back surgery and my girlfriend got me the game for my birthday. It went very, very, very well with moderate to high percocet usage!
    If you're looking for value and replayability, GTA would have to be your best bet. Best thing about that franchise is if you feel like doing missions, do missions. If you feel like running people over with a bus for a couple of hours, then run people over with a bus....

GTAV is totally going to bleed into the PS4 release...I really wish there was one system that could play them all, there are certain PS2 and PS1 games I'd still play today. :memories:

Jets Insider VIP
    Not that Sony is much better: losing players' private information, and that rootkit they included a few years ago.

My son has an XBOX and a Wii, but I'm converting him to PC games.

"Dad? I downloaded like 40 mods, and now the game won't boot!"

In all seriousness, ****ing around with PC problems and mod-conflicts is the main reason why I don't play on the PC...I dont wasnt to resolve DLL conflicts on my downtime...

Jets Insider VIP
    "Dad? I downloaded like 40 mods, and now the game won't boot!"

In all seriousness, ****ing around with PC problems and mod-conflicts is the main reason why I don't play on the PC...I dont wasnt to resolve DLL conflicts on my downtime...
    meh, I never had that problem. Plus he's on a short leash on the Net. That's what happens when your dad is a sys admin/security engineer.

So besides playing the Half Life sequels (which I never got around to a few yrs ago), are there any good 1st person shooters out now? I find 3rd person a bit hard to aim...

Jets Insider VIP
    meh, I never had that problem. Plus he's on a short leash on the Net. That's what happens when your dad is a sys admin/security engineer.

So besides playing the Half Life sequels (which I never got around to a few yrs ago), are there any good 1st person shooters out now? I find 3rd person a bit hard to aim...
    It depends what kind of shooter...COD, or something with a little more substance, like BioShock?

I'm probably not a good person to ask, since I don't buy that many games, but the ones I do I usually sink a lot of time in. Far Cry3 is a lot fun, despite the storyline of doucebag spoiled rich kids getting kidnapped for the slave trade.