Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This guy....

All Pro

This guy....

I want him. I want him bad.

I'd be willing to enter a 10 year contract with anyone here legally binding one of us to pay the other 100$ that Floyd will have a better pro career than Green, Blackmon and Jones. (a panel of random judges to arbitrate).

We're gonna need another legit #1 here soon. Someone to beast from 2013 and on...

Mark + Michael = magic. They compliment each other immaculately. So what do you figure? Where do we need to be to get him. I'm guessing Blackmon and what, Jeffrey go before him?

...and i don't give a sh*t about a college DUI. I just don't.

Impossible to tell before the season starts. I've always like Floyd, never understood how people thought Golden Tate was better. What games were they watching?

Wait a second, isn't he 2 inches short of your 6'5" dream receiver?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Damn it, why do you know that about me?! Yes. Yes it's true. ...And that's why i'm so blown away. Who is that man that stole my heart at 6'3"? Clearly he is an enigma.

Jets Insider VIP
    If we lose Braylon and have to go with a stopgap solution (Moss/Burress), then yeah why not.

Otherwise, give me a damn passrusher already.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Impossible to tell before the season starts. I've always like Floyd, never understood how people thought Golden Tate was better. What games were they watching?

Cause at the Time Golden Tate was better. I'm a Notre Dame Fan I have watched both of there careers every single game. Floyd has been a great player from day 1 but His is extremely injury prone. And really isn't that great of route runner up to last year outside of running streaks. I'm sure he will improve alot in category cause Kelly doesn't do alot of deep balls the way Charlie did.

But he does have baggage two DUI in college already and I believe he got caught under age drinking as a freshman. So he has some maturing to do.

Tate by time he left was a great route runner, great returner, even took snaps at RB. And Never got hurt and Never got in trouble.

Floyd could end up being the better pro. But at 6'3 227 the guy gets hurt way to often.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If we lose Braylon and have to go with a stopgap solution (Moss/Burress), then yeah why not.

Otherwise, give me a damn passrusher already.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u9htfFUDjo

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Floyd is definitely a guy we should all keep an eye on.

He's an immense talent, but like scoop said, his off the field issues and injury history concern me.

If he can keep is nose clean and stay healthy this year, he could jump up the boards dramatically.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Floyd is definitely a guy we should all keep an eye on.

He's an immense talent, but like scoop said, his off the field issues and injury history concern me.

If he can keep is nose clean and stay healthy this year, he could jump up the boards dramatically.
    I like that right now - he's got 1st round talent with a projected 2nd round draft selection. Would be a monster haul for us if we were able to draft a pass rusher in the first and hop up to grab Floyd in the second.

All Pro
    Mayock's alright on top of this...

According to NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock, Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd has "preseason first-round grades from most NFL teams."
    Mayock is also NBC's Notre Dame color commentator and has been around the team all summer. "He's a big-bodied receiver, 6'3/225," added Mayock. "Good, not great speed. ... I think he's got an ability to go on the second half of the first round." Floyd was talked about as a potential supplemental pick after a third alcohol incident in college, but he's since been cleared by Notre Dame and will

He looks like a slower Braylon but with much better hands and timing. Alternatively, a shorter Plaxico.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    He looks like a slower Braylon but with much better hands and timing. Alternatively, a shorter Plaxico.
    That's a peculiar comparison. I would say he reminds more of Owens, in the kind of skill set he has, and the best case scenario if he panned out in the NFL..

Eitherway, by the time January rolls around, the Paradis campaign for Floyd will be the stuff of legends.

Eitherway, by the time January rolls around, the Paradis campaign for Floyd will be the stuff of legends.
    right now in september when the actual games are being played he's a 1st rounder

when it's March and he's just run a 4.55 forty, it would have to be a mike williams type of reach to draft him that high. he needs to get in the 4.4's legitimately to be worth that pick.

and let's be real it's not a pick the Jets make. they have Santonio long term and Plexico looking good (for now) if they want a WR they will trade for one or sign one they haven't drafted one in the first round since Santana Moss.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    right now in september when the actual games are being played he's a 1st rounder

when it's March and he's just run a 4.55 forty, it would have to be a mike williams type of reach to draft him that high. he needs to get in the 4.4's legitimately to be worth that pick.

and let's be real it's not a pick the Jets make. they have Santonio long term and Plexico looking good (for now) if they want a WR they will trade for one or sign one they haven't drafted one in the first round since Santana Moss.
    nothing would make me happier than to get him in the 2nd rnd.

...It has been a while since we took a WR early - and maybe that's why it's finally time. We literally have no one in the wings. Kerley? C'mon...

Burress is a rental - and for how long, who knows. If he under performs, he's gone. If he over performs, he's going for a big contract elsewhere...

Floyd makes so much sense

All Pro
    ...uh huh. Floyd is beast in run blocking. I love it.

That dude from Clemson looked rather beastly today. Sammy Watkins 10 rec - 155 yards 2 ts plus 44 yards rushing. He's only 6-1 but he looked like the definiton of a playmaker against auburn.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    That dude from Clemson looked rather beastly today. Sammy Watkins 10 rec - 155 yards 2 ts plus 44 yards rushing. He's only 6-1 but he looked like the definiton of a playmaker against auburn.
    Ya, i watched that game this morning and was "wait - who is this guy?" ...and then he kept making play after play. What's he story? Junior? Little short for my taste () but had Harvin-esque wiggle.

Floyd is a 1st rounder.

If he's not taken in the 1st round, it's just another example of front offices out thinking themselves.

That's a peculiar comparison. I would say he reminds more of Owens, in the kind of skill set he has, and the best case scenario if he panned out in the NFL..

Floyd would be very useful for us and if we pick him up in the second, so much the better

I watch Floyd every game being a Notre Dame fan. Definitely a first round talent. He's not really like Owens though. Much more similar to Fitzgerald.

Really big man, strong hands. I'm a fan, and have been since his freshman year. definitely one of Weis' best recruits.

His ONLY negative is the injury stuff... he has gotten banged up over his career and broken some bones.

All Pro
    This train departed last June. JUNE people.

It arrives this april.

Give me Floyd or give me Death.
    Last edited by Paradis; 12-25-2011 at 02:11 PM.