Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Madison

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

RIP Madison

Tonight we laid to rest our 14 year old miniature schnauzer. She came in from outside, looked a little wobbly, and with a yelp collapsed on her side. The two other dogs stared at her, and the youngest ran up and tried to lick her face before I pushed him away.

Took her to the vet who ran some x rays. Her liver was 3 times the normal size, pushing her stomach into her spine, and collapsing one lung. It was obvious she'd been in immense pain for a long time, but except for a little hobbling in the morning that I had attributed to old age, she never showed it. She had the stiff upper lip of a British monarch. Up until the end she tried her best to keep up with the other dogs, and she always pushed herself to meet me at the door, no matter how creaky her legs were.

She wasn't always the friendliest dog to strangers, but she was loving and loyal and enriched our lives for the past 13+ years. I'm sad, but happy she lived a long, comfortable life. RIP Madison. I'll see you on the other side one day.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Condolences to you n family.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry Paulie. RIP Madison

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4047904]Tonight we laid to rest our 14 year old miniature schnauzer. She came in from outside, looked a little wobbly, and with a yelp collapsed on her side. The two other dogs stared at her, and the youngest ran up and tried to lick her face before I pushed him away.

Took her to the vet who ran some x rays. Her liver was 3 times the normal size, pushing her stomach into her spine, and collapsing one lung. It was obvious she'd been in immense pain for a long time, but except for a little hobbling in the morning that I had attributed to old age, she never showed it. She had the stiff upper lip of a British monarch. Up until the end she tried her best to keep up with the other dogs, and she always pushed herself to meet me at the door, no matter how creaky her legs were.

She wasn't always the friendliest dog to strangers, but she was loving and loyal and enriched our lives for the past 13+ years. I'm sad, but happy she lived a long, comfortable life. RIP Madison. I'll see you on the other side one day.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for your loss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah..that sucks. 14 years is a long time.

Very sorry.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terribly sorry Paulie, you gave Madison a lot of good years. We put our 18 year old dog down Friday night. We just have to let time do its thing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;4047904]Tonight we laid to rest our 14 year old miniature schnauzer. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4047929]We put our 18 year old dog down Friday night. We just have to let time do its thing.[/QUOTE]

:(

Sorry fellas.

It can be worse than losing a person.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about your loss, Paulie and Timmy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks Paulie. :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paulie & Timmy, I'm very sorry for your losses. I hope you and your families sadness will eventually be replaced by happiness for the joy these pets brought to your lives.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Paulie. My sympathies and condolences during this difficult time. :(

EDIT: And to you as well Timmy. Condolences.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4047931]:(

Sorry fellas.

-[/QUOTE]
    You mean compared to losing a cousin you've only met twice ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4047988]You mean compared to losing a cousin you've only met twice ?[/QUOTE]

32Green and I may be cousins, our ancestors live six miles apart (true). I may be contacting him for DNA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4047996]I may be contacting him for DNA.[/QUOTE]

Paging JetsThings.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4047988]You mean compared to losing a cousin you've only met twice ?[/QUOTE]

:eek:

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4047996]32Green and I may be cousins, our ancestors live six miles apart (true). I may be contacting him for DNA.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4047997]Paging JetsThings.[/QUOTE]

lmao

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4047931]:(

Sorry fellas.

-[/QUOTE]

I hate to say this, but I may have been more distraught losing our dogs than family members. Probably because I haven't lost a family member who wasn't physically ravaged after long term suffering and the ending was something of a relief. Still, losing a pet is one of life's cruelest moments.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Man in red robe shows up with new technological scooper displayed in other thread

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4048001]Man in red robe shows up with new technological scooper displayed in other thread[/QUOTE]

:rofl: It does sort of resemble a cleanup jumpsuit or something.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=32green;4047998]lmao[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4048001]Man in red robe shows up with new technological scooper displayed in other thread[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Polidore22;4048004]:rofl: It does sort of resemble a cleanup jumpsuit or something.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/fishooked/emoticons/RAGE143.png[/IMG]