Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Lols (or Groans) of the Worldplace: The Too Loud Personal Talker

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Lols (or Groans) of the Worldplace: The Too Loud Personal Talker

Holy ****.

Some people REALLY need to realize where they are, and what they're talking about, when on the phone in the office where everyone else is forced to hear it.

Wow.

:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4048285]Holy ****.

Some people REALLY need to realize where they are, and what they're talking about, when on the phone in the office where everyone else is forced to hear it.

Wow.

:eek:[/QUOTE]

tell me about it, got one where I work that has a voice that is nails on a chalkboard.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just confirming a car reservation via an automated system. We have an open office environment, and the guy across from me was speaking so loudly on the phone that he actually sent my call to "cancel reservation". He needs to learn how to use his "inside voice".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've got a girl that nervously laughs at everything and she sounds like Fran Drecscher.

:disgust:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    One ginormously fat dude here proceeded to tell everyone in a meeting about the rectal bleeding of his equally large wife.

There were several dry heaves.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our company recently moved from a large campus into a packed one floor office building - was so use to dropping f bombs and do the loud speaker phone thing -people luv me:P

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me stand up for the loud talkers (well at least some of them). I lost most of the hearing in my left ear at a Clash/Who concert at Shea in 1982. Despite the fact that it's almost 30 years later, I still haven't compensated for the fact that I'm always talking a LOT louder than I think I am (the deafness thing). It's led to a lot of interesting situations where I think I'm saying things under my breath, or in a low voice to someone else, and everyone in the room can hear me. People either think I'm an A: total azzhole, B: an insensitive creep, or C: a dude with balls of steel who will say anything to anyone. But really, it's just D: deafness.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4048385]Let me stand up for the loud talkers (well at least some of them). I lost most of the hearing in my left ear at a Clash/Who concert at Shea in 1982. Despite the fact that it's almost 30 years later, I still haven't compensated for the fact that I'm always talking a LOT louder than I think I am (the deafness thing). It's led to a lot of interesting situations where I think I'm saying things under my breath, or in a low voice to someone else, and everyone in the room can hear me. People either think I'm an A: total azzhole, B: an insensitive creep, or C: a dude with balls of steel who will say anything to anyone. But really, it's just D: deafness.[/QUOTE]

what? No "E - all of the above"?

And do you ever find yourself saying stuff about the neighborhood kids and your lawn?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4048385]Let me stand up for the loud talkers (well at least some of them). I lost most of the hearing in my left ear at a Clash/Who concert at Shea in 1982. Despite the fact that it's almost 30 years later, I still haven't compensated for the fact that I'm always talking a LOT louder than I think I am (the deafness thing). It's led to a lot of interesting situations where I think I'm saying things under my breath, or in a low voice to someone else, and everyone in the room can hear me. People either think I'm an A: total azzhole, B: an insensitive creep, or C: a dude with balls of steel who will say anything to anyone. But really, it's just D: deafness.[/QUOTE]

do you wear a hearing aid?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4048413]do you wear a hearing aid?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Cuz then I wouldn't be able to use the "I didn't hear you" defense with the ol' ball and chain.

Life gives me lemons, I make lemonade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I work with one too. Only issue is he is a little ***** and goes off and whines to the boss that I made him upset. Complete lack of respect for other co-workers and a huge distraction. Like I said, a little *****.

God that felt good.....