Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatherly Advice...

Jets Insider VIP

Fatherly Advice...

My wife and I found out that we're having kid #2 this January. With a 16 month old girl running around now, I know it's not going to be easy. Some people have told us that going from 0-1 kid is much more difficult than 1-2. Others have told us to brace ourselves. Anyone find the 1-2 transition to be a nightmare?

Now cue the "I thought you were ghey/You're married?/Someone procreated with you?/God help those kids" comments. :D

Congratulations to you and your wife, JT. I've already placed an order through Tiffany's for a silver straw. Look for it via parcel post in the coming months.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4048350]Congratulations to you and your wife, JT. I've already placed an order through Tiffany's for a silver straw. Look for it via parcel post in the coming months.[/QUOTE]

:mad:

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4048345]My wife and I found out that we're having kid #2 this January. With a 16 month old girl running around now, I know it's not going to be easy. Some people have told us that going from 0-1 kid is much more difficult than 1-2. Others have told us to brace ourselves. Anyone find the 1-2 transition to be a nightmare?

Congratulations

Now cue the "I thought you were ghey/You're married?/Someone procreated with you?/God help those kids" comments. :D[/QUOTE]

My kids are almost the same distance apart. Having the daughter first will be a big help. I have a 8 Y/O daughter and 5 1/2 Y/o son. And she is like a second mother to him. Well when she is not trying to kill him....lol The beginning will be tough but once they are both thru the baby years. You will find that they will entertain themselves and you will actually have more time get things done. For us having 2 is so much easier the just one.

Good luck.

Kids are alot of work but it can be a blast.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

congrats!

everything will be fine, the second is much easier :cool:

[QUOTE=jetswin;4048362]congrats!

everything will be fine, the second is much easier :cool:[/QUOTE]

Exactly how JT counseled the control group testing out his company's new chromium, dual-headed dildo/vibrator, "The Double Clutch".

All League
    [QUOTE=Shotzy;4048356]...You will find that they will entertain themselves and you will actually have more time get things done....[/QUOTE]

True for me if your definition of "getting more things done" includes breaking up fights almost constantly. Want to train for being an NHL referee? Have kids. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    I'm waiting for Dirstar's Dildoe Factory Joke before I weigh in.

Too soon?

_

I was the 5th of 5 so I'm surprised my parents are still alive.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4048364]Exactly how JT counseled the [B]control group[/B] testing out his company's new chromium, dual-headed dildo/vibrator, "The Double Clutch".[/QUOTE]

And yet they still ended up in the hospital.

Jets Insider VIP
    Congrats Red-Robed one!!!

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4048370]And yet they still ended up in the hospital.[/QUOTE]

At least no one died. Why won't you listen to my advice about going with the new self-lubricating technology? You cannot rely on your customers, in the heat of passion, to always "pre-grease" before insertion. It's just not practical.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4048345]My wife and I found out that we're having kid #2 this January. With a 16 month old girl running around now, I know it's not going to be easy. Some people have told us that going from 0-1 kid is much more difficult than 1-2. Others have told us to brace ourselves. Anyone find the 1-2 transition to be a nightmare?

Now cue the "I thought you were ghey/You're married?/Someone procreated with you?/God help those kids" comments. :D[/QUOTE]

Take everything you learned about kids from your first child and throw it out the window. Chances are you forgot it anyway.

I have a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old. My first son was a terrific sleeper, so we had no idea what was in store for us with the second, who sleeps like sh!t.

You will soon look at people with only 1 kid as being on vacation. I think the jump to 2 kids is more difficult in a lot of respects. But, as with most things in life, you'll figure it out. Just like with the first one, you won't know how its possible to balance the two. And then, within 6 months, you'll know how to crack a beer while rocking an infant to sleep and having a toddler sleeping on your lap.

Congrats man. Its fun. Tiring as hell, but fun. I haven't slept passed 7am in as long as I can remember, but its rewarding. And, as with everyone, you'll spend the next however many months trying to figure out how its possible to love a second child as much as you love your daughter, and trust me....you will. It may not happen right away (which is OK), but you'll turn around one day and think that that thought was so incredibly dumb you're not sure how it even came to your mind.

Congrats JT

Proud parents:

[IMG]http://www.toyotapresents.com/uploads/img_201105191701759217[/IMG]

:sorry:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;4048369]I was the 5th of 5 so I'm surprised my parents are still alive.[/QUOTE]

I was 1st of 4 boys; I'm surprised our parents didn't kill us.

btw - I tried to sell 2 of my brothers at various times. Parents were not pleased. Prolly wasn't asking enough....

Jets Insider VIP

It is what I like to call "The Awesome Nightmare"

The Nightmare part is when you bring that newborn home, and then realize that not only do you have a newborn in the house, but you will also soon have to deal with a 2 year old going on 3.

Regardless of whether you have a daughter or son, my oldest pretty much ignored "it" (as she would say) until she became old enough to talk - and then realized - "Hey - I finally have someone I can play with - AND communicate with!"

Based on my rudimentary math, it looks like your kids will be approx 22 months apart?

The awesome part is that they are 8 & 6 now, and they are now each others' best friends and they both pretty much like a lot of the same stuff, so it works out great - not to mention hand me down clothes for the little one.

If you're 2nd is a boy - then I'm honestly not sure how that will work out. I was really, really hoping for that son on the second one, but my disappointment went away in a nano second and has never ever returned.

And you can pretty much count on your 2nd child being the exact opposite of how your first one was, you can take that to the bank.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4048373]At least no one died. Why won't you listen to my advice about going with the new self-lubricating technology? You cannot rely on your customers, in the heat of passion, to [B]always "pre-grease" before insertion.[/B] It's just not practical.[/QUOTE]

You simply can not beat comments like this one in a thread titled "Fatherly Advice"

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4048382]You simply can not beat comments like this one in a thread titled "Fatherly Advice"[/QUOTE]

And we'll get hot chicks in here eventually, too, JP. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4048375][B]Take everything you learned about kids from your first child and throw it out the window. Chances are you forgot it anyway.

I have a 4 yr old and a 1 yr old. My first son was a terrific sleeper, so we had no idea what was in store for us with the second, who sleeps like sh!t. [/B] [B]

You will soon look at people with only 1 kid as being on vacation.[/B][/QUOTE]

+eleventy billion, so goddamn true

Unless your child is Damien Omen, then one child is a freakin' breeze.

Here's someone who I wish I'd inseminated twice, Sara Tommasi

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/508262122374lo.jpg/][IMG]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/8169/508262122374lo.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/225/50880saratommasi0412256.jpg/][IMG]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8003/50880saratommasi0412256.jpg[/IMG][/URL]