Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Emerson Boozer Remembers Clarence Clemons

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Emerson Boozer Remembers Clarence Clemons

Interesting piece by Cimini.

[QUOTE]Emerson Boozer knew Clarence Clemons. They were college football teammates for two seasons at Maryland State College (now the University of Maryland Eastern Shore), lived in the same dorm, shared a lot of laughs and bumped into each other occasionally after college, like that memorable night in the mid-1970s.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I'll never forget what he told me," Boozer recalled Monday. "He said, 'I found me a soul brother that's going to make me a lot of money. Write this name down -- Bruce Springsteen.'"[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]In those days, it was very difficult for blacks to make pro teams," said Boozer, who played with Clemons in 1963 and 1964. "Had the AFL been in full swing, he certainly would've made somebody's club. He was a nice specimen. Good speed and a big man. He could move. He was a player, no question about it, but he loved the sax."[/QUOTE]

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=cimini_rich&id=6682974[/url]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... interesting stuff ... don't like to give cimini any credit ... but it's deserved here ...

l_j_r

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Boozer remembers Clarence Clemons

Boozer remembers Clarence Clemons
    The former Jets RB recalls fond memories of his old college teammate and friend

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/columns/story?columnist=cimini_rich&id=6682974[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great story.
    As crappy as Cimini is, this is actually a very interesting article...