Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Woman arrested for filming police in NY; on her property

[QUOTE=cr726;4052836]So you are saying they had zero reasons to be vigilant? They just made an arrest and now let's chill?[/QUOTE]

Didn't say that. Cops have to have judgement and when people are on their own property they have the right to be secure from government intrusion. has to be balanced. In this case the balance was totally out of whack in favor of the women on her property.

Vigilant yes but vigilant with judgement with the burden of making a move heavily on the cops. There was no real threat there was a violation of property by the State. Shows a total lack of judgement to me that crossed the line of a violation of her rights to security on her own property. That's what I'm saying.

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4052904]135000000 on Google. I'll rest when the cops do. This is STILL a republic[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should get a new hobby. Ex-Marines killing in the states via GOOGLE

[url]http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&authuser=0&source=hp&q=Ex-Marines+killing+in+the+states&pbx=1&oq=Ex-Marines+killing+in+the+states&aq=f&aqi=&aql=undefined&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=258754l270735l0l45l35l5l2l2l0l263l4156l6.18.5l29&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e1768da1ce57202d&biw=1166&bih=686[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4052852]"Vara, who often videotapes police doing their jobs, said he was surprised that police spent time ticketing cars outside the meeting while working “in a community that’s crime ridden with open-air drug markets all over the city.”

ANyone video taping the open-air drug markets in that fargin town?

They complain about being crime ridden, with open air drug markets...:dunno:[/quote]

the are no 'open-air-drug-markets in the 19th Ward. Around the city, yes. Where those videos were shot, no.

[quote]That being said, I see your point with these guys,

That was cringe worthy.

:([/QUOTE]
    Look, I'm not saying that those doing the filming aren't [I]agent provocateurs[/I], they are. I think this Emily Good's protest history goes back to the 'Code Pink' group, etc., but none of that gives the police the right to act they way they have throughout this affair.

See, that's the tough thing with principles. You have to keep them even when it means you're defending dirty hippies.

[QUOTE=freestater;4052940]the are [B]no 'open-air-drug-markets in the 19th Ward.[/B] Around the city, yes. Where those videos were shot, no.

Look, I'm not saying that those doing the filming aren't [I]agent provocateurs[/I], they are. I think this Emily Good's protest history goes back to the 'Code Pink' group, etc., but none of that gives the police the right to act they way they have throughout this affair.

See, that's the tough thing with principles. You have to keep them even when it means you're defending dirty hippies.[/QUOTE]

I guess the President of the 19th Ward Association was wrong?

[QUOTE]J.B. Afoh-Manin, president of the 19th Ward Community Association, is concerned that some hard-won gains could be lost without a stepped-up, coordinated effort between residents and police.

And the 19th Ward often acts as a bellwether for the rest of the city, Afoh-Manin says.

"However the 19th Ward goes, so goes the city," he says.

Afoh-Manin wants to hold a public safety summit with police and neighbors sometime in the next few months to discuss what he says is a recent rise in neighborhood crime.

[B]The neighborhood was one of the first to receive surveillance cameras to combat street-corner drug dealing. But reaction to the cameras has been mixed, Afoh-Manin says.

"It's pushed the dealers off the main streets, but it's also pushed people into what I call the hinterlands," he says. "Now they're further into the neighborhood."[/B][/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/news/articles/2010/02/NEIGHBORHOODS-Focus-on-public-safety-in-the-19th-Ward/[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=freestater;4052940]the are no 'open-air-drug-markets in the 19th Ward. Around the city, yes. Where those videos were shot, no.

See, that's the tough thing with principles. You have to keep them even when it means you're defending dirty hippies.[/QUOTE]

Again, in my experience, it goes to training or lack thereof;

Not some sinister master plan wherein dopey street cawps are being manipulated by shadowy Nazis' into keeping dirty hippies down.

I was priveledged enough to have been trained in Verbal Judo by Dr. George Thompson, rip, and outside of the basic firearms courses..it was the best training I received... he emphasized the syndrome of "contempt of cop" and how poorly many cawps react to it...([I]hence my forced attendance at this course, cough cough:D)[/I]

He provided alternative behaviour avenues wherein the cawps de-escalate these situations, rather than escalate. At the end of the sessions, I was dumbfounded as to why this course wasnt a universal part of every LE training curriculum.

It was that good.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;4052951]I guess the President of the 19th Ward Association was wrong?

[url]http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/news/articles/2010/02/NEIGHBORHOODS-Focus-on-public-safety-in-the-19th-Ward/[/url][/QUOTE]

Yeah, he is. I guess community activists in your city never overstate problems to try to drum up support.

The bad part of our city ("the crescent") is the area where the open-air drug markets are. Although they touch the 19th, the two areas are as distinct as the East End is from Swillburg, ALTHOUGH THEY'RE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER.

Yes, douchebag, I know my city better than you do.
    Last edited by freestater; 06-25-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4052955]Again, in my experience, it goes to training or lack thereof;

Not some sinister master plan wherein dopey street cawps are being manipulated by shadowy Nazis' into keeping dirty hippies down.[/QUOTE]

The second video with multiple units handing out tickets to a very specific group of cars doesn't reek of a colluded effort? That was just spontaneous?

[QUOTE=freestater;4052962]Yeah, he is. The bad part of our city ("the crescent") is the area where the open-air drug markets are. Although they touch the 19th, the two areas are as distinct as the East End is from Swillburg, ALTHOUGH THEY'RE RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER.

Yes, douchebag, I know my city better than you do.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. I wasn't aware you were the all knowing man of Rochester. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;4052965]Good for you. I wasn't aware you were the all knowing man of Rochester. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've lived in this city for 40 ****in' years, you read an article.

With as much sense as you bring to any topic you comment on around here, I can' imagine why I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=freestater;4052968]Yeah, I've lived in this city for 40 ****in' years, you read an article.

With as much sense as you bring to any topic you comment on around here, I can' imagine why I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro, first you call me a name and now you comment on what I bring to any topic on JI.

Next arrest I make I will make sure to PM you for advice. :eatme:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=freestater;4052962]

Yes, douchebag, I know my city better than you do.[/QUOTE]

Free, cmon.:rolleyes:

And "overstating problems"? spin spin spin

:D

[QUOTE=freestater;4052964]The second video with multiple units handing out tickets to a very specific group of cars doesn't reek of a colluded effort? That was just spontaneous?[/QUOTE]

That was a collective "contempt of cop" reaction.

F me, f u, if you will.

Were they right? In spirit, No.

Btw....were any of those violations NOT actually committed?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4053042]Free, cmon.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The dude as much called me a liar. I figure 'douchebag' is right around equivalent.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=32green;4053042]
    That was a collective "contempt of cop" reaction.

F me, f u, if you will.

Were they right? In spirit, No.

Btw....were any of those violations NOT actually committed?[/QUOTE]

Like I said, not much different than a street gang, I suppose.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=cr726;4053017]Thanks bro, first you call me a name and now you comment on what I bring to any topic on JI.

Next arrest I make I will make sure to PM you for advice. :eatme:[/QUOTE]

Mark down another not-surprised-moment when I found out you like to think about strange men while you put handcuffs on other men.

Police State USA - by Rep. Ron Paul 2004

[QUOTE=cr726;4052938]Maybe you should get a new hobby. Ex-Marines killing in the states via GOOGLE

[url]http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&authuser=0&source=hp&q=Ex-Marines+killing+in+the+states&pbx=1&oq=Ex-Marines+killing+in+the+states&aq=f&aqi=&aql=undefined&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=258754l270735l0l45l35l5l2l2l0l263l4156l6.18.5l29&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=e1768da1ce57202d&biw=1166&bih=686[/url][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Last week's announcement that the terrorist threat warning level has been raised in parts of New York, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C., has led to dramatic and unprecedented restrictions on the movements of citizens. Americans wishing to visit the U.S. Capitol must, for example, pass through several checkpoints and submit to police inspection of their cars and persons.

Many Americans support the new security measures because they claim to feel safer when the government issues terror alerts and fills the streets with militarized police forces. As one tourist interviewed this week said, "It makes me feel comfortable to know that everything is being checked." It is ironic that tourists coming to Washington to celebrate the freedoms embodied in the Declaration of Independence are so eager to give up those freedoms with no questions asked.

[B][COLOR="Red"]Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference.[/COLOR][/B] Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens' lives. This doesn't stop governments, including our own, from seeking more control over and intrusion into our lives. As one Member of Congress stated to the press last week, "people who don't want to be searched don't need to come on Capitol grounds." What an insult! The Capitol belongs to the American people who pay for it, not to Congress or the police.

It is worth noting that the government rushes first to protect itself, devoting enormous resources to make places like the Capitol grounds safe, while just beyond lies one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the nation. What makes Congress more worthy of protection from terrorists than ordinary citizens?

To understand the nature of our domestic response to the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, we must understand the nature of government. Government naturally expands, and any crises – whether real or manufactured – serve to justify more and more government power over our lives. Bureaucrats have used the tragedy of 9/11 as an excuse to seize police powers sought for decades, such as warrantless searches, Internet monitoring, and access to bank records. It should be no surprise that the recently released report of the 9/11 Commission has but one central recommendation: bigger government and more spending at home and abroad.

Every new security measure represents another failure of the once-courageous American spirit. The more we change our lives, the more we obsess about terrorism, the more the terrorists have won. As commentator Lew Rockwell of the Ludwig von Mises Institute explains, terrorists in effect have been elevated by our response to 9/11: "They are running the country. They determine our civic life. They shape our private life. They decide how public resources are spent. They may dictate who gets to be the next president. It should be obvious that the government doesn't object. Not at all. The government benefits, by getting ever more reason for ever more money and power."

Every generation must resist the temptation to believe that it lives in the most dangerous time in American history. The threat of Islamic terrorism is real, but it is not the greatest danger ever faced by our nation. This is not to dismiss the threat of terrorism, but rather to put it in perspective. Those who seek to whip the nation into a frenzy of fear do a disservice to a country that expelled the British, fought two world wars, and stared down the Soviet empire.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=3274[/url]

Furthermore, the Marines who commit crimes go to jail. The cops lie and continue to violate other American citizens with a great deal of impunity

All League
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4053084][url]http://antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=3274[/url]

Furthermore, the Marines who commit crimes go to jail. The cops lie and continue to violate other American citizens with a[B] great deal of impunity[/B][/QUOTE]

Impunity huh? LOLz. Google Dawg please search 'cop sentenced to prison' and you'll find about 11 million story links. Your anti- everything police drivel is laughable as it is hyperbolic.

You remind me of many people in crime ridden neighborhoods won't hesitate to pick up a phone or jump in front of/or film behind the nearest camera to watch/critique the police. Yet their sense of civic duty never seems to extend to watching and/or reporting the drug dealers and gang bangers who terrorize the neighborhood 24/7.

[QUOTE=freestater;4053072]The dude as much called me a liar. I figure 'douchebag' is right around equivalent.[/QUOTE]

Seriously dude?

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4053084][url]http://antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=3274[/url]

Furthermore, the Marines who commit crimes go to jail. The cops lie and continue to violate other American citizens with a great deal of impunity[/QUOTE]

Your posted article is complaining about searches being done on federal property.

Cops go to jail for a lot less than you think, every U.S. Attorney's Office prides themselves on putting police officers in jail.

[QUOTE=freestater;4053082]Mark down another not-surprised-moment when I found out you like to think about strange men while you put handcuffs on other men.[/QUOTE]

Hysterical stuff, keep it coming, no really it's funny. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Maybe I'm just gettin' old but I'm grateful for cops and Marines. I wouldn't wanna and probabley couldn't do either job. In the end, I know this girl was trying to be provacative, so I side with the cops, even though it seems it was a very questionable arrest.