Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Woman arrested for filming police in NY; on her property

[QUOTE]=PatriotReign;4052587][LIST][*]It should be the right of every citizen to use camera lights and stand right behind the police while they are trying to focus on a car stop. [/QUOTE]

From your own property why not?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatriotReign;4052587]
    [LIST][*]It should be the right of every citizen to use camera lights and stand right behind the police while they are trying to focus on a car stop.
    [*]The possibility of the cop being distracted from the suspect or being concened with people standing in the immediate proximity shall be dismissed as Nazi hyperbole.
    [*]No citizen should be compelled to follow the repeated and reasonable instructions to back away.
    [*]The fact that tens of thousands of cops are assaulted on or adjacent to homeowner's property shall not be a reason for them to be concerned for their safety.
    [*]The cop should've known that her camera was incapable of shooting footage from her front porch.[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Could you imagine the terror this cop would have faced had he pulled someone over next to someone with a BBQ/party in their yard or if there had been a group of people sitting around a fire roasting marshmellows nearby and one of them whipped out a camera? The humanity!!!!

[QUOTE=isired;4052159]Irrational? So am I supposed to trust police that don't know me "a little bit" as opposed to "zero"? If so, how does that play out - do I trust every police "a little bit", or do I select a few (based on what criteria? their smile? their race? whether they 'look like good people'?) and trust them fully, and then have zero trust for the rest?[/QUOTE]
    Cops don't need you and they expect you don't need them.

By [B]a) [/B]being a responsible citizen by obeying the laws of the land and [B]b)[/B] extending police the same courtesy of letting them do their job, the way you would any other professional, you will not burden yourself with absurd biases.

Hopefully your life and the job of a policeman never have to cross paths. But if it should the interaction will prove to be as uneventful as can be hoped for, provided you are down with [B]a[/B] & [B]b[/B].

All League
    [QUOTE=sackdance;4052638]Cops don't need you and they expect you don't need them.

By [B]a) [/B]being a responsible citizen by obeying the laws of the land and [B]b)[/B] extending police the same courtesy of letting them do their job, the way you would any other professional, you will not burden yourself with absurd biases.

Hopefully your life and the job of a policeman never have to cross paths. But if it should the interaction will prove to be as uneventful as can be hoped for, provided you are down with [B]a[/B] & [B]b[/B].[/QUOTE]

[CENTER]:goal::goal: [SIZE="5"][B]LOGIC ALERT [/B][/SIZE]:goal::goal:

:clapper:[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4052588][url]http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=15429[/url]

Caught by the Police Cameras[/QUOTE]

Typical Canadians.

[QUOTE=PatriotReign;4052587][LIST][*]It should be the right of every citizen to use camera lights and stand right behind the police while they are trying to focus on a car stop.
    [*]The possibility of the cop being distracted from the suspect or being concened with people standing in the immediate proximity shall be dismissed as Nazi hyperbole.
    [*]No citizen should be compelled to follow the repeated and reasonable instructions to back away.
    [*]The fact that tens of thousands of cops are assaulted on or adjacent to homeowner's property shall not be a reason for them to be concerned for their safety.
    [*]The cop should've known that her camera was incapable of shooting footage from her front porch.[/LIST][/QUOTE]

I appreciate the Police but sometimes you just have to smile into the camera and take a deep breath. People have a right to be secure on their propery and in this case the threat to the 3 cops seamed very small. There has to be some balance and when someone is on their own property like this women was the balance seemed out of whack.

Arresting her on her property come on that's over the top.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4052722]I appreciate the Police but sometimes you just have to smile into the camera and take a deep breath. People have a right to be secure on their propery and in this case the threat to the 3 cops seamed very small. There has to be some balance and when someone is on their own property like this women was the balance seemed out of whack.

Arresting her on her property come on that's over the top.[/QUOTE]

The police are conducting an arrest, I guess they should feel pretty safe because they "know" no one would ever do harm to the police, especially if you are locking up their "friend". Seems? give me a break, the police officer asked her several times and then she wants to play dumb when she in confronted? I wouldn't of arrested her, but man the public is pretty dumb.

Hall Of Fame
    and now this video comes out...

[url]http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110624/NEWS01/110624016/Emily-Good-supporters-say-they-were-targeted-by-police?odyssey=tab[/url]

seems to me the cops want to send a message here.

Like the guy in the video says, "clear retaliation".

Are these cops, or a street gang?

Hall Of Fame
    who wants to continue to defend this?

[QUOTE=cr726;4052751]The police are conducting an arrest, I guess they should feel pretty safe because they "know" no one would ever do harm to the police, especially if you are locking up their "friend". Seems? give me a break, the police officer asked her several times and then she wants to play dumb when she in confronted? I wouldn't of arrested her, but man the public is pretty dumb.[/QUOTE]

Those cops didn't seem even mildly afraid. There was nothing in their posture to indicate any fear at all for their personal safety.

I also don't see any reason the police should fear a person on their own property video taping an arrest. They should not only welcome it, they should do it themselves.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4052812]Those cops didn't seem even mildly afraid. There was nothing in their posture to indicate any fear at all for their personal safety.

I also don't see any reason the police should fear a person on their own property video taping an arrest. They should not only welcome it, they should do it themselves.[/QUOTE]

I agree, the officer IMO simply did not want to be videotaped.....No officers seemed afraid of multiple people being around them on the street when ticketing the cars in the 2nd video.....

A disgraceful display by supposed professional law officials....Incidents like this make it hard for the good Cops......

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4052812]Those cops didn't seem even mildly afraid. There was nothing in their posture to indicate any fear at all for their personal safety.

I also don't see any reason the police should fear a person on their own property video taping an arrest. They should not only welcome it, they should do it themselves.[/QUOTE]

I guess you would of chosen to ignore the police officer's requests too?

So you are saying they had zero reasons to be vigilant? They just made an arrest and now let's chill?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=freestater;4052798]and now this video comes out...

[url]http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110624/NEWS01/110624016/Emily-Good-supporters-say-they-were-targeted-by-police?odyssey=tab[/url]

seems to me the cops want to send a message here.

Like the guy in the video says, "clear retaliation".

Are these cops, or a street gang?[/QUOTE]

"Vara, who often videotapes police doing their jobs, said he was surprised that police spent time ticketing cars outside the meeting while working “in a community that’s crime ridden with open-air drug markets all over the city.”

ANyone video taping the open-air drug markets in that fargin town?

They complain about being crime ridden, with open air drug markets...:dunno:

That being said, I see your point with these guys,

That was cringe worthy.

:(

3 cops and one of them is fearful of this woman? Gimme a break!!!!!!

Get another line of work, if you are that fearful

Then they have to play petty games and harass the neighbors?

Fire them!!!!!

The police are out of control

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4052864]3 cops and one of them is fearful of this woman? Gimme a break!!!!!!

Get another line of work, if you are that fearful

Then they have to play petty games and harass the neighbors?

Fire them!!!!!

The police are out of control[/QUOTE]

Give it a rest.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sackdance;4052638]Cops don't need you and they expect you don't need them.

Hopefully your life and the job of a policeman never have to cross paths. But if it should the interaction will prove to be as uneventful as can be hoped for, provided you are down with [B]a[/B] & [B]b[/B].[/QUOTE]

Not possible for a manhattan resident, they are as woven into the fabric as school kids, business men, restaurants, newsstands, and those guys that try to give you 'free' passes to strip clubs... They are everywhere, indoors and out.

And when i and others I know have crossed paths with the police, with a & b in full effect, at times the actions of the police have made an 'uneventful interaction' impossible. It has happened to me: arrested with 3 friends at a concert, after moving back to the last row on the floor to avoid issues with people behind us who wanted to sit, and being mistaken for some much younger guys that had apparently peed while at those seats - 4 grown men, arrested, even over the protests of those around us, some of whom had to have been the original complainants, that they had the wrong guys; I came back to my seat to find them walking my friends out, they tell me they peed at the seats, then they asked me if I was with them, I said 'yes, but wait a second, we just came back from the bathroom', and I can hear the people around us trying to tell them they've got the wrong guys, that they were young guys, so I turned around and asked him to hold on one second and listen to the people around him, then one officer shoves me towards the exit, he shoves me again, I fall over the corner of the seat, he tells me to get up, and I say **** it, you want to treat me like this, you pushed me down here, you get me where you want me - I went limp - I'm a pretty big guy, 5 of them carried me out. Then, while in custody, the police either lost or stole money I had in my pocket - they investigated that night by interviewing me for two hours, then called to follow up with a phone interview - 14 months later! but never did the one thing that could have resolved it in seconds - take a look at the videotape surveillance in the station house); It had happened to my wife: a crazy guy who looked like a junky followed 2 of her students out of the subway, into a deli, where they saw their teacher, who tried to walk them out, when this guy pulled a gun out and shouted to them to 'be careful' before running out of the deli and back down to the subway. She calls my wife, who comes down and takes them all to the local precinct, and supposedly the cops are 'combing the subways' looking for this guy and within minutes, they caught him. No, they didn't catch him. They didn't have to. He was a wing nut of an undercover cop, they're putting a disgraceful trip on my wife, her co-worker, and two teenage girls about how first the girls were doing something wrong, then he was protecting them, and how dare the teacher and my wife get involved and interfere with him doing his job... She calls me, and I have her call our friend, pretty high-ranking nypd guy, which she doesn't like to do, because she's in contact with the police somewhat frequently in the course of doing her job, and doesn't want to have that clouding the relationship, but she's terrified, so she does. He calls the CO, and,of course, the treatment they receive changes immediately and drastically, and we get the real story, that the guy is another incident like this away from losing his job and his pension. Of course, the guy was still protected, because the kids were and are terrified of the guy, police or no, and fear repercussions, and my wife feels that her school may not get treated the same if she presses the issue). I've got 3 or 4 similar stories, but you get the point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=cr726;4052867]Give it a rest.[/QUOTE]

135000000 on Google. I'll rest when the cops do. This is STILL a republic

All League
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4052904]135000000 on Google. I'll rest when the cops do. This is STILL a republic[/QUOTE]

[B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]'Jetdawg'[/SIZE][SIZE="3"]
    Ever watchful Google Sentry and Caped Guardian against the vast Blue Menace![/CENTER][/SIZE][/B]

:nutbar:

[QUOTE=isired;4052882]Not possible for a manhattan resident, they are as woven into the fabric as school kids, business men, restaurants, newsstands, and those guys that try to give you 'free' passes to strip clubs... They are everywhere, indoors and out.

And when i and others I know have crossed paths with the police, with a & b in full effect, at times the actions of the police have made an 'uneventful interaction' impossible. It has happened to me: arrested with 3 friends at a concert, [B]after moving back to the last row[/B] on the floor to avoid issues with people behind us who wanted to sit, and being mistaken for some much younger guys that had apparently peed while at those seats - 4 grown men, arrested, even over the protests of those around us, some of whom had to have been the original complainants, that they had the wrong guys; I came back to my seat to find them walking my friends out, they tell me they peed at the seats, then they asked me if I was with them, I said 'yes, but wait a second, we just came back from the bathroom', and I can hear the people around us trying to tell them they've got the wrong guys, that they were young guys, so I turned around and asked him to hold on one second and listen to the people around him, then one officer shoves me towards the exit, he shoves me again, I fall over the corner of the seat, he tells me to get up, and I say **** it, you want to treat me like this, you pushed me down here, you get me where you want me - I went limp - I'm a pretty big guy, 5 of them carried me out. Then, while in custody, the police either lost or stole money I had in my pocket - they investigated that night by interviewing me for two hours, then called to follow up with a phone interview - 14 months later! but never did the one thing that could have resolved it in seconds - take a look at the videotape surveillance in the station house); It had happened to my wife: a crazy guy who looked like a junky followed 2 of her students out of the subway, into a deli, where they saw their teacher, who tried to walk them out, when this guy pulled a gun out and shouted to them to 'be careful' before running out of the deli and back down to the subway. She calls my wife, who comes down and takes them all to the local precinct, and supposedly the cops are 'combing the subways' looking for this guy and within minutes, they caught him. No, they didn't catch him. They didn't have to. He was a wing nut of an undercover cop, they're putting a disgraceful trip on my wife, her co-worker, and two teenage girls about how first the girls were doing something wrong, then he was protecting them, and how dare the teacher and my wife get involved and interfere with him doing his job... She calls me, and I have her call our friend, pretty high-ranking nypd guy, which she doesn't like to do, because she's in contact with the police somewhat frequently in the course of doing her job, and doesn't want to have that clouding the relationship, but she's terrified, so she does. He calls the CO, and,of course, the treatment they receive changes immediately and drastically, and we get the real story, that the guy is another incident like this away from losing his job and his pension. Of course, the guy was still protected, because the kids were and are terrified of the guy, police or no, and fear repercussions, and my wife feels that her school may not get treated the same if she presses the issue). I've got 3 or 4 similar stories, but you get the point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Know what? You just proved my first point.

If anyone leaves their seats at a concert there's an infinitesimal chance that trouble will find them. And, unfortunately, that time it found you.

Not surprisingly having failed to both [B](a) (obey the rules)[/B] & [B](b) respect others[/B], you are unable to see your own part in this concert mishap.

Let's say there are two types of people in this world:

1) people who stay in their assigned seats and manage to get along with their neighbors.

and

2) people who leave their ticketed seats to sit somewhere else.

Now ask yourself: which of these two groups has a greater % of assh*les in its makeup?

I think deep down we all know the answer to that question, but if there's anyone in the f*cking world who could answer it with authority, it would be a stadium cop.

All your credibility was forfeited the moment it was determined that you were a traveling wilbury nowhere near where you were supposed to be seated. (Have a hunch you were nice and beery too ... also part of your entitlement perhaps?)

Again, cops don't need you - and they expect you don't need them. Where you see malevolence, another might see some clown exercising a non-existent right to sit wherever he wants.