Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA Draft Thread

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It was worth using a first round pick in hopes he develops in a few years? The Knicks are a mess.
    Calm down, it was the 17th pick on a weak draft. We got a defensive guy and that is exactly what we needed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was worth using a first round pick in hopes he develops in a few years? The Knicks are a mess.
    This was an atrocious draft class and the Knicks were in the bottom half of the first round. I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsKnicksYankeesRangers View Post
    Calm down, it was the 17th pick on a weak draft. We got a defensive guy and that is exactly what we needed.
    I'm not upset, I am not a Knicks fan, thankfully.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not upset, I am not a Knicks fan, thankfully.
    You sound like one of us for sure!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You sound like one of us for sure!
    I am a basketball fan and always like when the NBA Eastern Conference is better than the West!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    psst..That's how the NBA draft works now...You draft potential. Besides, it was the 17th pick..What do you expect/want?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a basketball fan and always like when the NBA Eastern Conference is better than the West!
    I am a East guy myself, but let's admit, the West have been torching the East in the past decade.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Right now priority #1 is finding a way to land Chris Paul next year after the strike is over. The 17th pick in a horrible draft I can't get too carried away about. Weis over Artest in 1999 I was upset about and Gallo over Gordon in '08 too (though Gallo turned out to be an ok player who we traded for Melo). Maybe we passed on a hall of famer maybe not but even if that's the case I doubt it's anyone who was considered an obvious choice for us at that spot unlike Artest in '99 or Gordon in '08.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    psst..That's how the NBA draft works now...You draft potential. Besides, it was the 17th pick..What do you expect/want?
    it was the 17th pick and Shumpert didn't even bother going because he and no one else expected him to be drafted at all, let alone the 1st round.

I saw GTech play vs. Richmond last season and although he was the high scorer I do not remember anything special about the kid at all.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was the 17th pick and Shumpert didn't even bother going because he and no one else expected him to be drafted at all, let alone the 1st round.

I saw GTech play vs. Richmond last season and although he was the high scorer I do not remember anything special about the kid at all.
    Nobody knew Anthony Mason, he turned out to be a good player. Be patient and wait until he hits the court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony...8basketball%29

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody knew Anthony Mason, he turned out to be a good player. Be patient and wait until he hits the court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony...8basketball%29
    Really? You want to compare Shumpert to Mason? Or hope that Shumpert gets cut, then goes overseas and then becomes a star as an undersized power forward?