Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft Thread

All Pro

NBA Draft Thread

NBA draft is tonight featuring seemingly the most boring class in years; however trades could make it a fun night to watch. Kyrie Irving is a nice player and is set to go to Cleveland at one. After that, it does get interesting. Derrick Willams is the 2nd pick but the Wolves are trying to move out of that spot since their positions of need do not include Willams. Lakers offered Odom for the 2 pick and the Suns offered Gortat and the 14 for the 2.

The biggest riser in the draft seems to be Klay Thompson out Washington State. He started the process as a mid first round pick but once he started to work out teams began to fall in love. Its gotten so crazy for him, that teams are trying to trade up to the number 4 slot to get him. Thats probably a reflection on how weak the class is as well.

As for my prediction: Utah and Indiana draft a white guy/fight over Jimmer Fredette

Thoughts on who the Knicks or Nets are targeting?

Jets Insider VIP
    Where will Issiah Thomas go? I loved watching him at Wash last year.

The theme of this years draft is:
    "Where will the white guy go?"

as a UConn fan im really intrigued as to where Kemba goes, ive read he can go as high as 5 or drop to as low as 17 or 21 to the knicks or trail blazers. should be interesting to see if he slides and how far

Jimmer to the Knicks, been saying my prayers all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAUVV8BXwlI

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chrebetCT1192 View Post
    as a UConn fan im really intrigued as to where Kemba goes, ive read he can go as high as 5 or drop to as low as 17 or 21 to the knicks or trail blazers. should be interesting to see if he slides and how far
    Kemba has been marketing himself as a point. Apparently, Sacremento is sold on that and give him a promise at 7. I doubt he goes past 11

Jets Insider VIP
    Whats the deal w/ Kemba? Is it that he is a shooting guard w/ only point guard size.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Whats the deal w/ Kemba? Is it that he is a shooting guard w/ only point guard size.
    sold himself as a point

Jets Insider VIP
    Can he run an offense and pass the ball?

All Pro
    His problem is going to be covering point gaurds. Elite PGs (Paul, Willams, Rondo etc) are going to abuse him, hes going to need to bulk up a little.

The floor general question is really interesting. ChrebetCT can answer this better than me probably but when you saw UCONN this year, they played a ton half court isolation for him. He would take the ball up top and basically just go to work(I saw him shoot a lot of step back fade away shots which he is very good at). But when he does run, hes pretty amazing. He can change directions while dribbling at full speed which is something you cant teach. He can create space for his own shot but I didnt really see him distribute the ball a ton until he was commanding double teams.

most of last season kemba was throwing up so many shots, which is why his shooting pct isn't very flattering, and alot of scouts have been pointing to that and saying he's a poor shooter...he's not. later on in the season, kemba was doing well with distributing the ball to the likes of lamb, oriakhi, and roscoe smith. i think he can succeed in the NBA as a point guard, but it will have alot to do with the team he is selected by. the kings i believe are the best fit for him, because tyreke evans is best when playing the 2, and kemba can do alot with evans and cousins in his arsenal. I am real confidant that he will be a better player than jimmer (though probobly not knight or irving), but the jimmer brand might be enough for teams in the top 12 to take him over kemba

Jets Insider VIP
    Why would the knicks want jimmer? Scoring is not there problem. They need someone who can play d. and that is not jimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAUVV8BXwlI
    Best shooter in the draft and then....?

Why would the knicks want jimmer? Scoring is not there problem. They need someone who can play d. and that is not jimmer.
    +1,000000000

I pray for Singleton!

Check out the draft via Tweeter: http://www.charged.fm/blog/post/377/...rage-nba-draft
    Last edited by JetsKnicksYankeesRangers; 06-23-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Interesting. Certainly wasn't expecting to hear his name called.

I guess we'll wait and see. Nobody had ever heard of Landry Fields either. Kid apparently plays some defense so that's a positive.

they needed a low post defender and rebounder. shumpert is kind of like tony douglas

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    they needed a low post defender and rebounder. shumpert is kind of like tony douglas
    Singleton was there! Really shocked they passed him up.

Knicks buy the 45th pick from the Hornets and get the big man, Josh Harrelson, from Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Knicks buy the 45th pick from the Hornets and get the big man, Josh Harrelson, from Kentucky.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JDjk...eature=related

I like what I see, but he is going rot on the bench under D'anton.
    Last edited by JetsKnicksYankeesRangers; 06-24-2011 at 07:14 AM.

I like what the Nets did. MarShon Brooks can really score. With Deron Williams and Brook Lopez on the court, he's going to get some good opportunities.

Alot of people are killing the Shumpert pick but let's wait and see, he definitely can defend and has talent..

Harrelson was an absolutely terrible pick, he was not going to be drafted...

Like the Nets pick of Brooks, but he has to bulk up and defend better..