Thread: The Killing- Finale (sucked)

All League

The Killing- Finale (sucked)

It started out strong but got bogged down with countless red herrings and piss poor writing. The season finale insulted the viewer's intelligence who stuck it out for 13 hours of what proved to be a meandering goose chase.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought it was OK. You can see it's going somewhere with Holder.

On a brighter note, the newest four episodes of 'Luther' started airing in the UK. They're available online in the usual locations.;)

[QUOTE=Jetworks;4052295]I thought it was OK. You can see it's going somewhere with Holder.

On a brighter note, the newest four episodes of 'Luther' started airing in the UK. They're available online in the usual locations.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah Luther is much better than the Killing which just got boring and ran out of steam. But my fave by far is Game of Thrones. Can't wait for next season!

Jets Insider VIP
    Haven't watched The Killing.

But AMC has some awesome shows.

Mad Men and Breaking Bad are both stellar. And I absolutely can't wait for the new season of The Walking Dead.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4052407]Yeah Luther is much better than the Killing which just got boring and ran out of steam. But my fave by far is Game of Thrones. Can't wait for next season![/QUOTE]

I think The Killing got away from what made it really go, the morose, anguish and sadness of those affected by Rosie's murder. You saw them get back to it a bit with the scene between Stan and Mitch at the dinner table. It was a truly poignant moment in the show.

Banned
    The writer said the Danish version of the show was over 20 episodes, and cramming everything into 13 didn't seem right. Supposedly there will be a second murder investigation next season with this one running concurrently, and the Rosie Larsen case will be solved at some point during the season.

The plot twist with Holder (a great character, BTW) was pretty interesting.

I enjoyed the show. Definitely not your average police drama.

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4052492][B]The writer said the Danish version of the show was over 20 episodes, and cramming everything into 13 didn't seem right. [/B]Supposedly there will be a second murder investigation next season with this one running concurrently, and the Rosie Larsen case will be solved at some point during the season.

The plot twist with Holder (a great character, BTW) was pretty interesting.

I enjoyed the show. Definitely not your average police drama.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that explains it...I liked the show too. AMC has the best shows on TV IMO..Can't wait for Breaking Bad next month

All League
    I hate that...its like what happened to Battlestar Galactica, but over a longer period. You could tell they really had no idea where to take the show, and it got bogged down. Sadly, one of the best TV series (EVER), three years of mostly brilliance, a weak final season and a lame finale.

Can't wait till The Walking Dead comes back. Awsome show on AMC....and Falling Skies has potential.

All Pro
    I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the finale. I love me some quality tv, but it's not gonna impact me to wait until next season to learn who the killer is. The holder twist and the cliffhanger it ended on were were interesting, imo. Overall, I loved the deliberate pace, how it was shot so darkly throughout, and I thought the acting was top notch all around.

I was hoping they would reveal the killer and the case would truely be done and dusted for another case next season, and was a little disappointed with the finale. They could have done with another 2 or 3 episodes to finish it.

Banned
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4053428]I know I'm in the minority, but I liked the finale. I love me some quality tv, but it's not gonna impact me to wait until next season to learn who the killer is. The holder twist and the cliffhanger it ended on were were interesting, imo. [B]Overall, I loved the deliberate pace, how it was shot so darkly throughout, and I thought the acting was top notch all around.[/B][/QUOTE]

+1