Thread: Mayor Lindsay Gave Mrs. Brady the Crabs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayor Lindsay Gave Mrs. Brady the Crabs

He couldn't pick up Garbage.

He couldn't pick up Snow.

But Crabs..THAT he could pick up. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE]Former New York Mayor John Lindsay proved a grosser politician than Anthony Weiner when he gave actress Florence Henderson a nasty case of crabs during a wild one-night stand in the 1960s, according to the "Brady Bunch" mom's skin-crawling new autobiography.

The 77-year-old former Broadway and TV luminary revealed that she briefly hooked up with the colorful Gotham mayor -- who died in 2000 -- at the Beverly Hills Hotel in California.

They were both married at the time. And Henderson admits the unexpected affair turned into a mayoral mess.

"I was lonely. I knew it wasn't the right thing to do. So, what did I do? I did it," she writes in "Life is Not a Stage," set for publication in September.

The next day, TV's upstanding Carol Brady found "little black things" crawling over her bed and private parts, she wrote.

She was so grossed out, she ran right to a doctor who diagnosed her with a case of pubic lice. Though Lindsay sent flowers as an apology, Henderson vowed never to hook up with him again.

"Guess I learned the hard way that crabs do not discriminate, but cross over all socioeconomic strata," Henderson writes. "He must have had quite the active life. What a way to put the kibosh on a relationship."

Lindsay, who was mayor from 1966 to 1973, was famous for looking out of touch by calling New York "Fun City" during an ugly transit strike in 1966. His loyal wife, Mary, died in 2004.

In another twist in Henderson's book, she denies that she ever had an affair with Barry Williams, who played her eldest stepson, Greg Brady, on the show.

"Barry did have a serious crush on me, which I understood and helped him get past," she writes. "Let us just say that if he had entertained a roll in the hay with me, I would never have done[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/flo_cootie_call_R2Wph93DkxtxMvQS0YUSPI[/url]

-
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 06-26-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll bet she had a giant, hairy bush.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He gave her crabs but, fcukd N.Y..!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4053544]I'll bet she had a giant, hairy bush.[/QUOTE]

who? Alice?