Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye: who's ur pick?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye: who's ur pick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTkDxMLVk4M

I'm betting on Wladimir to pound David Haye and probably knock him out

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

And here's Wladimir lecturing Haye at the press conference

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Won't be close. I wonder when Adamek will fight the other Klischko?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wladimir TKO 7

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjrf...eature=related Can't wait to see the cornrow imprints in WK's gloves.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 06-28-2011 at 05:05 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, Wladimir's in a murderous mood and I see his meat and potatoes 1-2 combo transforming Haye into a bobblehead doll. His left hook's going to find its mark and the right hand will have the final say. Hope Haye makes it a fight and its not a one-sided massacre.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where is the best place online to see results live?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a brutally bad fight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad I didn't spend money to watch that

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    I'm glad I didn't spend money to watch that
    I watched Cruz beat Faber to retain his title, I was not going to waste my money on the trash-talking Haye.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad for Haye he couldnt back up his big talk

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Won't be close. I wonder when Adamek will fight the other Klischko?
    September 10 on HBO.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a very boring and uneventful fight. For all the trash that Haye talked he sure didnt back it up. Cant remember last time I saw so little offense by one fighter. The Heavy Weight division is a big time dud right now. We have 2 decent fighters in the klitschko bro's and thats about it....and they wont even fight each other. The overall state of boxing has been a disappointment the last few yrs, thank god for the UFC. Ive become a big MMA fan the last few yrs. Some fantastic fights for sure. I sure hope pacquiao/mayweather happens, boxing needs it

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrado View Post
    That was a very boring and uneventful fight. For all the trash that Haye talked he sure didnt back it up. Cant remember last time I saw so little offense by one fighter. The Heavy Weight division is a big time dud right now. We have 2 decent fighters in the klitschko bro's and thats about it....and they wont even fight each other. The overall state of boxing has been a disappointment the last few yrs, thank god for the UFC. Ive become a big MMA fan the last few yrs. Some fantastic fights for sure. I sure hope pacquiao/mayweather happens, boxing needs it
    Boxing has been dead for years now (especially the heavyweight division).

MMA overtook boxing a long time ago.

Even if/when Manny and Floyd fight, what the hell is left after that?

Not a damn thing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Boxing has been dead for years now (especially the heavyweight division).

MMA overtook boxing a long time ago.

Even if/when Manny and Floyd fight, what the hell is left after that?

Not a damn thing.
    any evidence to back up the claim that boxing is dead?

Not only has HBO had 3 cards this year with their best ratings since 2007, but PPV buys continue to be strong. Unfortunately, this means more boxing pay per views are coming down the line, with one each already scheduled for September thru December.

Promoters have found avenues to increase the sports' exposure. For the first time in ages, CBS got involved in the Pacquiao-Mosley promotion. TNT is going to be involved in the Mayweather-Ortiz promotion.

In reality, signs indicate that boxing is healthier than it has been in years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Adamek may not have the size or power to stay with Vitali, but you won't see him run and hide. Speed's his game and he'll come to fight, not talk.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Adamek may not have the size or power to stay with Vitali, but you won't see him run and hide. Speed's his game and he'll come to fight, not talk.
    Vitali's also the more aggressive of the brothers, by far, so it will more a more interesting watch, for however long it lasts. Adamek can take a punch but this is really asking a lot. Should be a great atmosphere from Poland.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    any evidence to back up the claim that boxing is dead?
    Ummm, it's simply called common sense.

Compare boxing now with the place it held in american culture for a good 80 year period. From the 1920's all the way up to the mid-late 90's, boxing was huge in america. Probably only second to football and baseball during that timeframe.

Now it's a complete joke all around. The competition in every weight class is basically dogsh*t.

After Mayweather and Pacquiao fight, what superbout is left out there? That's really the only fight people care about seeing.

The UFC buried boxing over 5 years ago. Damn near every fight in MMA is exciting while the majority of fights in boxing, even the big headliners, usually end up as massive disappointments.

There are no more Ali's, Dempsey's, Hagler's, Frazier's, Tyson's, or Marciano's.

Now there's just Floyd and Manny and they won't even fight eachother.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Ummm, it's simply called common sense.

Compare boxing now with the place it held in american culture for a good 80 year period. From the 1920's all the way up to the mid-late 90's, boxing was huge in america. Probably only second to football and baseball during that timeframe.

Now it's a complete joke all around. The competition in every weight class is basically dogsh*t.

After Mayweather and Pacquiao fight, what superbout is left out there? That's really the only fight people care about seeing.

The UFC buried boxing over 5 years ago. Damn near every fight in MMA is exciting while the majority of fights in boxing, even the big headliners, usually end up as massive disappointments.

There are no more Ali's, Dempsey's, Hagler's, Frazier's, Tyson's, or Marciano's.

Now there's just Floyd and Manny and they won't even fight eachother.
    You don't have a clue. The competition in every weight class is dogsh*t? You probably can't name more than five active boxers because you don't follow the sport and you have a total misconception. Yuriorkis Gamboa and Nonito Donaire are two of the sports greatest talents in 20 years. I'd pay to watch them fight every single time. The sport has warriors like Carl Froch, technicians like Andre Ward, and everything in between.

I know a lot of MMA fans that would disagree that damn near every MMA fight is exciting. Lmao. Reality check. The UFC buy rate is trending south, by the way. Brock Lesnar was a huge boon to the business, but outside of him, business is slacking, while boxing is in a growth cycle.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyrado View Post
    The Heavy Weight division is a big time dud right now. We have 2 decent fighters in the klitschko bro's and thats about it....and they wont even fight each other.
    As a longtime huge boxing fan, I couldn't agree more about the

heavyweight division. However, I do believe there is one thing the

sanctioning bodies could do to liven things up a little bit in the heavyweight

ranks. The disparity in size between guys like the Klitschko's and many other

fighters, some of whom have skills, is much too large. Thus, a super-

heavyweight division (perhaps over 225 or 230 lbs?) should be established.

This would take away the ridiculous size advantages, thus enabling fighters

to more readily show their skills. Also, it would prevent many fighters from

being undisciplined in regards to training. It has always disgusted me when a

guy climbs into the ring for an important fight and we are greeted with a

jiggly mound of flesh once he disrobes. Much of this would be eliminated if a

boxer knows he has to make weight.