Thread: "Falling Skies" on TNT

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

"Falling Skies" on TNT

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/43/Falling-skies-poster.jpg/438px-Falling-skies-poster.jpg[/IMG]

If you like Sci-Fi, were dissapointed that Jericho and V either got cancelled (or outright sucked), and want a fun summer Sci-Fi Aliens vs. Mankind for our FREEEEEEDOMMM!!!!! type TV show, I highly suggst checking out Falling Skies.

I went in with VERY low expectations. Came out quite enjoying and liking the first three episodes. Kinda old school TV Sci-Fi in the best ways, much better written than V, and with solid backing (meaning hopefully no early cancellations) and very good cable ratings so far.

Highly recommended for a viewer test drive.:D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, War!

Been seeing the ads on TNT, and wondering how good it was.
    Liked Jericho (though the mom drove me crazy), but haven't seen V yet. My hubbie and I have it in our Netflix streaming queue. Was V any good?

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm enjoying it a lot. Basically Independence Day meets Jericho.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lone Star Lady;4054509]Thanks, War!

Been seeing the ads on TNT, and wondering how good it was.
    Liked Jericho (though the mom drove me crazy), but haven't seen V yet. My hubbie and I have it in our Netflix streaming queue. Was V any good?[/QUOTE]

V was one of the biggest dissapointments for me in TV Sci-Fi in recent years.

Badly and inconsistently written.

Very badly acted.

And went off the rails early with meandering pointless cliched story that simply never went anywhere or made anything resembling a coherant point or meaning.

Some good actors involved, pretty much wasted. If you havn't tried it yet, I'd skip it. Go watch the cheesy-but-brilliant-parable of the original miniseries.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    like the show so far.Really liked last week's episode