Thread: superbowl ticket lottery for season ticket holders

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

superbowl ticket lottery for season ticket holders

So for some reason I am hoping this is the year Jets make superbowl.

Anyhow I know the lottery for season ticketholders is hard to win and each season ticket account holder who wins gets a pair of tickets.

That said wouldn't my chances be doubled if the winner only got a single ticket. Twice as many accountholders could see Superbowl.

I own my seats soley in my name, I paid for them, I paid for the PSLs. I have relatives with season tickets, friends with season tickets etc. For most part PSL or no PSL the guy/girl who has them in his/her name takes on all the risk, the pre-season, the headaches. For most part the people who go with them are freeloaders cherry picking games or not wanting to buy a PSL or be obligated to pay way ahead of time.

That said 50% of the superbowl tickets allocated by Jets are not even going to season ticketholders. But rather the freeloaders who go to a game with a season ticket holders.

I for one say only the season ticket holder gets a ticket and twice as many of us can go. Put us all in the same section at superbowl and lets have a big season ticket superbowl section. Also I think they should block reselling of season ticket superbowl tickets, you pay ahead and pick them up at the will call window day of game. Pretty much with only one superbowl ticket per season ticket holder and you have to use it yourself or sell it at face to another season ticket holder. Of course if a valid emergency comes up and you can't attend you are free to sell the ticket to another season ticket holder at face.

I rather have a pretty good chance of getting a single superbowl ticket if Jets make it then a super long shot to get a pair if the Jets make it. Plus it sucks that currently right off bat 50% of people who get the tickets are not season ticket holders and around 50% of Jets season ticketholders might scalp them as hard to resist thousands of dollars profit.

What do you think?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4055332]So for some reason I am hoping this is the year Jets make superbowl.

Anyhow I know the lottery for season ticketholders is hard to win and each season ticket account holder who wins gets a pair of tickets.

That said wouldn't my chances be doubled if the winner only got a single ticket. Twice as many accountholders could see Superbowl.

I own my seats soley in my name, I paid for them, I paid for the PSLs. I have relatives with season tickets, friends with season tickets etc. For most part PSL or no PSL the guy/girl who has them in his/her name takes on all the risk, the pre-season, the headaches. For most part the people who go with them are freeloaders cherry picking games or not wanting to buy a PSL or be obligated to pay way ahead of time.

That said 50% of the superbowl tickets allocated by Jets are not even going to season ticketholders. But rather the freeloaders who go to a game with a season ticket holders.

I for one say only the season ticket holder gets a ticket and twice as many of us can go. Put us all in the same section at superbowl and lets have a big season ticket superbowl section. Also I think they should block reselling of season ticket superbowl tickets, you pay ahead and pick them up at the will call window day of game. Pretty much with only one superbowl ticket per season ticket holder and you have to use it yourself or sell it at face to another season ticket holder. Of course if a valid emergency comes up and you can't attend you are free to sell the ticket to another season ticket holder at face.

I rather have a pretty good chance of getting a single superbowl ticket if Jets make it then a super long shot to get a pair if the Jets make it. Plus it sucks that currently right off bat 50% of people who get the tickets are not season ticket holders and around 50% of Jets season ticketholders might scalp them as hard to resist thousands of dollars profit.

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

So you want to go to the SuperBowl alone? Without the people you go to Jets games with?

Isn't that the fun of it?

:confused:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4055363]So you want to go to the SuperBowl alone? Without the people you go to Jets games with?

Isn't that the fun of it?

:confused:[/QUOTE]

I have three relatives, two good friends and five co-workers with Jets season tickets. None of us sit together we all have our own season ticket accounts. The quirk of new stadium is that people who have been waiting forever for season tickets and were renting or buying off stubhub got tickets in their name in new stadium. They take family, clients, friends or sell extras on the internet. Nobody has a person or persons they go with week after week. If my buddies wanted to see ten jet games a year in old stadium they would have bought season tickets.

It they were singles only and I had a higher odds of winning I could sit near the people I know who have season tickets too.

In my row of around 24 seats last year, 12 seats put all ten games for sale. I never sat next to same person twice and I never took same person twice to a game. I met up with other season ticket holders I know before and at halftime.

I already bought a pair of Jets tickets cheap for Dolphin game in same row as cousin so I can go to one game in a group. But now I need to sell my seats.

1,2 and 3 seat combos in new stadium go you best seats. If we all wanted to sit near each other even if we could agree on section a group of nine seats in a row would be awful. We all split up in 2 and 3 combos not by choice but to get best seats and now we all have our own season tickets to manage. In old stadium we would have been all together.

I am not the only one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4055437]Nobody has a person or persons they go with week after week.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really buyin' this.:confused:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I got as far as the third paragraph and had to stop.

What the hell are you talking about?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4055515]I got as far as the third paragraph and had to stop.

What the hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

lol:P

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4055515]I got as far as the third paragraph and had to stop.[/QUOTE]

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4055437] Nobody has a person or persons they go with week after week. [/QUOTE]

I went with my brother in law and relatives on my wifes side for 13 years. Other than the rare unavoidable obligation like work, wedding, etc, we were all there.