Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tip Jars - are they everywhere these days?

Hall Of Fame

Tip Jars - are they everywhere these days?

Seems like I'd see one every now and then a few years ago, now everyone has one. I'm thinking about carrying around a few metal washers to throw in the jar
    when the employees back is turned away from me. This is as annoying as people collecting money at the supermarket door.

Believe me, I'm no Scot, but this is pissing me off.

Jets Insider VIP
    inflation running rampant, ya got to do what ya got to do....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

My favorite is the Starbucks jar, you know the place you pay $3 for a cup of coffee then have to go to a table to put in the half and half, which is empty so you have to ask for them to give you more half and half, and then carry it back to the table and put it in your coffee.

They deserve a tip alright, the tip of my %#^@.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm going to put one of those ****ing jars on my desk. If I give you the right answer to a question (not likely) I expect to be compensated for you interrupting my hourly internet browing sessions.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4057192]inflation running rampant, ya got to do what ya got to do....[/QUOTE]

STFU :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4057196]My favorite is the Starbucks jar, you know the place you pay $3 for a cup of coffee then have to go to a table to put in the half and half, which is empty so you have to ask for them to give you more half and half, and then carry it back to the table and put it in your coffee.

They deserve a tip alright, the tip of my %#^@.[/QUOTE]

Haha

sounds like Peebag is employing a tip jar

[SIZE="6"][B]angry old CHE's are angry:[/B][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://marielleleigh.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/angry-old-person.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

^

lol

:shakes cane:

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4057187]I'm no Scot, but this is pissing me off.[/QUOTE]

/chuckle

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL3KYFOl8YFqRjtPLySjG6idjUUaJwE9Vq7escgHFyj-aVnszXpA[/IMG]

[IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF5k2mfamnAe7fo0BABj-ai3--4AG16owFfrwOMl6Rst-eQ8X3[/IMG]

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToPhwMqF9Fi_OTXfep9MnIavBYz12ouAIe1Yi7uPbvWUTvCqRk[/IMG]

Make fun of the Socts, do yah?

Oh, btw, I agree. **** the tip jars, and frankly, **** tipping. Want a decent paycheck, get a real job. Service is rarely worth tipping these days.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4057217]^

lol

:shakes cane:[/QUOTE]

LMAO

:getoffmylawn:

Jets Insider VIP
    I guess if you're gullible enough to fall for the tip jar, you get what you deserve. :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4057208]Haha

sounds like Peebag is employing a tip jar[/QUOTE]

u try livin' on 7/11 wages....I'm sorry but Jerry's Kids ain't gettin' fixed this year...

Bewildered Beast
    Gazing upon the gi-normous tip receptacle, I ask the comeliest honey there if that monstrosity is the "Just the Tip" jar, wink, and wait for her to fall into my arms.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4057222]/chuckle

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL3KYFOl8YFqRjtPLySjG6idjUUaJwE9Vq7escgHFyj-aVnszXpA[/IMG]

[IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF5k2mfamnAe7fo0BABj-ai3--4AG16owFfrwOMl6Rst-eQ8X3[/IMG]

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToPhwMqF9Fi_OTXfep9MnIavBYz12ouAIe1Yi7uPbvWUTvCqRk[/IMG]

Make fun of the Socts, do yah?

Oh, btw, I agree. **** the tip jars, and frankly, **** tipping. Want a decent paycheck, get a real job. Service is rarely worth tipping these days.[/QUOTE]

Spoken by someone who's obviously never worked in the service industry ... look, I'm middle of the road on this. I worked restaurant jobs off and on my entire life -- waited tables when I was attending grad school in order to get another "real job" at 45 ... tipping is entirely appropriate in [I]some[/I] cases, because wages are intentionally kept low since it's assumed the employee will be earning tips. Therefore, when we start paying waiters 20 bucks an hour, than we can eliminate tipping. Until then, tip your wait staff or keep your cheap-ass at home.
    On the other hand, I think we've gotten a little carried away with the tip jars at every cash register, as well. Next thing you know, receptionists will have them out in office buildings.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm a sucker for hot chicks who are friendly so I'll throw something in the tip jar. If the employees are guys, ugly chicks, or foreigners - chumped.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 07-06-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Tip jars are a godsend for those of us who never will carry coins in their pockets, ever.

Leaving them on the counter or dropping them on the floor draws attention and angers the working class. Especially if you've got $0.98 cents to get out of your hands.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4057560]I'm a sucker for hot chicks who are friendly so I'll throw something in the tip jar. If the employees are guys, ugly chicks, or foreigners - chumped.[/QUOTE]

+1

If the cart/halfway house girl on a golf course is hot or even cute, I'll foolishly overtip. That way she'll come back with some super cold beers and a flirty smile. My wedge game gets Phil Mickelson-esque for a hole or two. Then I'll find a way to put the ball in the water again.

:sigh:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4057565]Tip jars are a godsend for [B]those of us[/B] who never will carry coins in [B]their[/B] pockets, ever.

Leaving them on the counter or dropping them on the floor draws attention and angers the working class. Especially if you've got $0.98 cents to get out of your hands.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

If you are going to use "those of us" you need to use "our" and not "their".
    I'm not catching a college educated vibe from you, I'm pretty certain your wealth is a result of scratching off four shamrocks at the local
    Seven-Eleven...explaining your going to Europe and attending a Bon Jovi concert.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4057571]If you are going to use "those of us" you need to use "our" and not "their".
    I'm not catching a college educated vibe from you, I'm pretty certain your wealth is a result of scratching off four shamrocks at the local
    Seven-Eleven...explaining your going to Europe and attending a Bon Jovi concert.[/QUOTE]

Didn't attend a Bon Jovi concert. Not catching a kindergarten vibe from you, pretty sure reading comprehension is taught at that level.

Then again, in Vermont the thing you're most adept at tipping is a cow. Good luck fitting it in a jar.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FreemanMC;4057550]Spoken by someone who's obviously never worked in the service industry ... [/QUOTE]

great point
    I worked for tips all through college, so even though I ragged about the Starbucks jar, I always tip, and usually over tip.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4057565]Tip jars are a godsend for those of us who never will carry coins in their pockets, ever.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

exactly right, I never carry coins