Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tip Jars - are they everywhere these days?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4057560]I'm a sucker for hot chicks who are friendly so I'll throw something in the tip jar. If the employees are guys, ugly chicks, or foreigners - chumped.[/QUOTE]

+1

Although I will tip the guy if he is at least trying and attempting to give a crap.

Edit: That sentence above will be mangled and used against me

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FreemanMC;4057550] Therefore, when we start paying waiters 20 bucks an hour, than we can eliminate tipping. Until then, tip your wait staff or keep your cheap-ass at home.
    [/QUOTE]

That pretty much says it all....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4057222]/chuckle

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL3KYFOl8YFqRjtPLySjG6idjUUaJwE9Vq7escgHFyj-aVnszXpA[/IMG]

[IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF5k2mfamnAe7fo0BABj-ai3--4AG16owFfrwOMl6Rst-eQ8X3[/IMG]

[IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToPhwMqF9Fi_OTXfep9MnIavBYz12ouAIe1Yi7uPbvWUTvCqRk[/IMG]

Make fun of the Socts, do yah?

Oh, btw, I agree. **** the tip jars, and frankly, **** tipping. Want a decent paycheck, get a real job. Service is rarely worth tipping these days.[/QUOTE]

Hurf a Durf........

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4057596]+1

[B]Although I will tip the guy if he is at least trying and attempting to give a crap. [/B]

Edit: That sentence above will be mangled and used against me[/QUOTE]

Last night I'm in Penn Station and about to get me my 16-oz. cold can of brew for the ride home. Stop at the usual location and start to dig around in the ice for my brand, to no avail. $%&*!!!, where is it??? The young sweet thing at the register notices my despair, knows what I drink, and hurries off to find me one. That, my friends, is service and was worthy of a contribution to her Tip Jar. Other times - not so much.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4057588]Didn't attend a Bon Jovi concert. Not catching a kindergarten vibe from you, pretty sure reading comprehension is taught at that level.

Then again, in Vermont the thing you're most adept at tipping is a cow. Good luck fitting it in a jar.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You chandelier is still off-center. When are you gonna fix it?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parkwayjet1;4057607]Last night I'm in Penn Station and about to get me my 16-oz. cold can of brew for the ride home. Stop at the usual location and start to dig around in the ice for my brand, to no avail. $%&*!!!, where is it??? The young sweet thing at the register notices my despair, knows what I drink, and hurries off to find me one. That, my friends, is service and was worthy of a contribution to her Tip Jar. Other times - not so much.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://thesinglereality.com/wordpress/wordpress-content/uploads/2010/05/zima.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4057610]You chandelier is still off-center. When are you gonna fix it?[/QUOTE]

He could stand on his off-white Kenmore stove to fix it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4057545]Gazing upon the gi-normous tip receptacle, I ask the comeliest honey there if that monstrosity is the "Just the Tip" jar, wink, and wait for her to fall into my arms.[/QUOTE]

How often do they call the police?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4057610]You chandelier is still off-center. When are you gonna fix it?[/QUOTE]

It has to be, otherwise he can't see his crappy LCD TV.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4057613]He could stand on his off-white Kenmore stove to fix it.[/QUOTE]

And his door handles are still installed wrong. Who built that place?! A bunch of Guatemalan day laborers from the Home Depot parking lot? The lights in my house aren't offcenter. I don't have exposed wires running from the back of my flat screen to my electronic equipment that's sitting on some Ikea furniture on the floor.

:P

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4057187]Seems like I'd see one every now and then a few years ago, now everyone has one. I'm thinking about carrying around a few metal washers to throw in the jar
    when the employees back is turned away from me. This is as annoying as people collecting money at the supermarket door.

Believe me, I'm no Scot, but this is pissing me off.[/QUOTE]

Back in a day the only place I saw a tip jar was at a Briss

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4057618]And his door handles are still installed wrong. Who built that place?! A bunch of Guatemalan day laborers from the Home Depot parking lot? The lights in my house aren't offcenter. I don't have exposed wires running from the back of my flat screen to my electronic equipment that's sitting on some Ikea furniture on the floor.

:P[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't understand: its how pretend rich people pretend to fit in. Very complicated.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a 110 year old house and it's one of its charms.

I have a leaky toilet; do you do work in New Jersey?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4057613]He could stand on his off-white Kenmore stove to fix it.[/QUOTE]

That was in the house that we sold up in Cow England, you know, where [I]you [/I]live. Again, not catching a kindergarten vibe from you, pretty sure reading comprehension is taught at that level.

I've asked three times for you to post a picture of your kitchen. Beyond reading issues, is short-term memory a problem for you too?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4057618]And his door handles are still installed wrong. Who built that place?! A bunch of Guatemalan day laborers from the Home Depot parking lot? The lights in my house aren't offcenter. I don't have exposed wires running from the back of my flat screen to my electronic equipment that's sitting on some Ikea furniture on the floor.

[/QUOTE]

Like your boy Timmy, let's see some photos of [I]your [/I]place. I'm sure that on his Vermont salary and your hourly plumbing wages I'd be jealous beyond belief.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4057627]You wouldn't understand: its how pretend rich people pretend to fit in. Very complicated.[/QUOTE]

Tell me what's "pretend" about my wealth. We're not aristocrats. We're just regular people like you; except we have money.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Upon review, I've been mistakenly accusing SAR of owning a no-frills, off-white, Kenmore stove when he actually posted a photo of his Kenmore refrigerator
    (ice trays and self-defrost). Since he didn't deny owning the stove, we'll assume he bought a "package" of standard Kenmore products and probably saved 15 percent.... most likely purchased with a Sears charge card.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4057638]That was in the house that we sold up in Cow England, you know, where [I]you [/I]live. Again, not catching a kindergarten vibe from you, pretty sure reading comprehension is taught at that level.

I've asked three times for you to post a picture of your kitchen. Beyond reading issues, is short-term memory a problem for you too?

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I live in a log cabin and own Kenmore products

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4057644]Upon review, I've been mistakenly accusing SAR of owning a no-frills, off-white, Kenmore stove when he actually posted a photo of his Kenmore refrigerator
    (ice trays and self-defrost). Since he didn't deny owning the stove, we'll assume he bought a "package" of standard Kenmore products and probably saved 15 percent.... most likely purchased with a Sears charge card.[/QUOTE]

At the time we bought them we knew we were relocating and purchased appliances that were 15 years newer to help us get top dollar on Cow Hampshire resale.

It worked.

We don't cook so it really doesn't matter to us. We've got other people to do that for us.

Now whip out your 2004 Motorola RAZR and snap some low rez photos of [I]your [/I]kitchen. Can't wait to see what you've got going on.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4057646]I live in a log cabin and own Kenmore products[/QUOTE]

That's a start. Photos please. Let's see them. Like to understand the wallpaper, the shag carpeting, the disgusting dog bowl near the table. Whenever you're ready.

SAR I