Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tip Jars - are they everywhere these days?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4057651]At the time we bought them we knew we were relocating and purchased appliances that were 15 years newer to help us get top dollar on Cow Hampshire resale.

It worked.

We don't cook so it really doesn't matter to us. We've got other people to do that for us.

Now whip out your 2004 Motorola RAZR and snap some low rez photos of [I]your [/I]kitchen. Can't wait to see what you've got going on.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I'm serious, Kenmore products. Take your products and put them in a log cabin, that's what I have going on.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4057653]That's a start. Photos please. Let's see them. Like to understand the wallpaper, the shag carpeting, the disgusting dog bowl near the table. Whenever you're ready.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You were the kid who got a shot blocked and took his ball home in the middle of the game, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4057643]Tell me what's "pretend" about my wealth. We're not aristocrats. We're just regular people like you; except we have money.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I know - I live in a cardboard box. But I still have a better TV than you.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4057655]I'm serious, Kenmore products. Take your products and put them in a log cabin, that's what I have going on.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. Post some photos.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4057651]At the time we bought them we knew we were relocating and purchased appliances that were 15 years newer to help us get top dollar on Cow Hampshire resale.

[/QUOTE]

Because nothing says investment like Kenmore Econo-line.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4057641]Like your boy Timmy, let's see some photos of [I]your [/I]place. I'm sure that on his Vermont salary and your hourly plumbing wages I'd be jealous beyond belief.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I'll post pics of the interior of my house as soon as the renovations are complete. I just bought a winery and am in the process of converting the place into a house. Pretty soon, I'll drink with my pinkey in the air like the rest of you aristocrats!!!

And instead of wine...I'm going to make jailhouse hooch. It's how I roll. :P

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4057657]You were the kid who got a shot blocked and took his ball home in the middle of the game, right?[/QUOTE]

Let me understand your logic: I post a picture showing my HDTV trying to help people and answer questions and someone notices some flaws in my door handle alignment and disagrees with my choice of appliances that rarely get used and somehow[I] I'm[/I] the bad guy?

I've had stalkers before, but never [I]appliance [/I]stalkers. It's really strange.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4057713]I'll post pics of the interior of my house as soon as the renovations are complete. I just bought a winery and am in the process of converting the place into a house. Pretty soon, I'll drink with my pinkey in the air like the rest of you aristocrats!!!

And instead of wine...I'm going to make jailhouse hooch. It's how I roll. :P[/QUOTE]

go with wine. start designing labels

2012 Vin de la Plumbe' - It'll get you f*ed up BIG TIME.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Timmy®;4057677]Because nothing says investment like Kenmore Econo-line.[/QUOTE]

That's all that's needed for cow tippers in NH apparently, as we got an offer that was higher than our appraised value and that worked for us.

My new home has nice, high-end appliances which, like my NH house, still means nothing to me as we don't cook.

Here, so you learn something, are the elements of status that matter down here in Metropolis:

Neighborhood (Top 10 in the state)

Public Schools (Top 5 in the country)

Home Cost ($1.45M)

Taxes (off the charts)

Distance to NYC (15 minutes to GWB)

Door-to-door commute to Manhattan (under an hour)

Beach Home (Maine)

Vacations (Europe)

Automobiles (German luxury, leased)

Note that the appliances that the nanny uses, the chandeliers that the maid cleans, and the orientation of door handles are not on the list.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4057713]I'll post pics of the interior of my house as soon as the renovations are complete. I just bought a winery and am in the process of converting the place into a house. Pretty soon, I'll drink with my pinkey in the air like the rest of you [B]Aristocrats[/B]!!!

And instead of wine...I'm going to make jailhouse hooch. It's how I roll. :P[/QUOTE]

fixed ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    I caddied at a local golf course one summer. One day I get assigned to the Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. Moral of the story - who needs a tip when you got total consciousness goin' for ya? :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4057751]I caddied at a local golf course one summer. One day I get assigned to the Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga.

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. Moral of the story - who needs a tip when you got total consciousness goin' for ya? :huh:[/QUOTE]

call me crazy, but I like your stories better than SAR's

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=quantum;4057784]call me crazy, but I like your stories better than SAR's[/QUOTE]

What? The orientation of my door handles isn't gripping JI theater?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4057725]That's all that's needed for cow tippers in NH apparently, as we got an offer that was higher than our appraised value and that worked for us.

My new home has nice, high-end appliances which, like my NH house, still means nothing to me as we don't cook.

Here, so you learn something, are the elements of status that matter down here in Metropolis:

Home Cost ($1.45M)

Taxes (off the charts)

Beach Home (Maine)

Vacations (Europe)

Note that the appliances that the nanny uses, the chandeliers that the maid cleans, and the orientation of door handles are not on the list.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

You're wealthier than most. We get it already. Why don't you just put that in your signature and save yourself some time. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=SAR I;4057725]That's all that's needed for cow tippers in NH apparently, as we got an offer that was higher than our appraised value and that worked for us.

Home Cost ($1.45M)

Taxes (off the charts)

Beach Home (Maine)

Vacations (Europe)

[B]Note that the appliances that the nanny uses[/B], the chandeliers that the maid cleans, and the orientation of door handles are not on the list.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

your [I]nanny[/I] does the cooking?

does that mean you don't have a chef?? :huh:

Home Cost ($1.45M)

Taxes (off the charts)

Beach Home (Maine)

Vacations (Europe)

SAR I[/QUOTE]

1.45 million for a house in your neck of the woods is almost on the poverty line. I'm sure your neighbors were thrilled when they saw you driving the same car they bought for their 16 year old daughter.

Hall Of Fame
    What the f*ck has happened to the Hampur?

Honestly, WTF is going on?

This place is starting to suck balls.

_

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4057798]You're wealthier than most. We get it already. Why don't you just put that in your signature and save yourself some time. [/QUOTE]

I really don't want to discuss it at all, but your cliquebud Timmy seems to. Get him to stop with critiquing my appliances and I won't have the need to defend myself.

On the other side of the coin, it is odd that others are allowed to talk about their poverty but I'm not allowed to talk about my wealth. That's not fair, is it?

SAR I

So wait, you guys are saying you're supposed to PUT money in those jars? I usually take a pocketful for myself. Thanks for all the donations guys.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4057806]What the f*ck has happened to the Hampur?

Honestly, WTF is going on?

This place is starting to suck balls.

_[/QUOTE]

there's a pretty good thread on 'O Brother' -- check it out!