JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Our Country is a mess...

Casey Anthony, not guilty.

OJ II

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4057240]Casey Anthony, not guilty.

OJ II[/QUOTE]

+1

what a joke of a system.... what were those jurors thinking???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did she do it? Yes.
    Could they prove it without a reasonable doubt? No.

That is our justice system for you.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    When we fail to avenge our children we are doomed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A. F. U. :mad:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't believe it either,WTF was wrong with that jury ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone has to remember we didn't sit in that jury box.

We didn't hear the case AS THEY DID.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it fact that she did not report her daughter missing for over a month? For that alone she deserves 10 years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    didn't she google chloroform and neck snapping 60 or 70 times?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4057275]didn't she google chloroform and neck snapping 60 or 70 times?[/QUOTE]

who hasn't?

Her mother said it was HER who did the Googling. Yes she's a lying piece of ****.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether she killed the kid or just didn't care whether or not the kid was dead, her depravity and misery is so deep that prison likely wouldnt've have affected her one way or another. Her life will be plenty hellish on the outside.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The older & wiser I get, the more I realize that the NorthEast region has the most normal, intelligent people.... and that everywhere else live fu*ckn 'tards!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Beyond a reasonable doubt"

Hate it or not, there is clearly reasonable doubt here. None of us were there, and none of us saw all the evidence involved, and circumstantial stuff iseemed to be the vast majority of what they had. If I google "chloroform" right now, then someone I know goes missing, thats not evidence I did it.

End of the day, the bar is set as high as it is for a reason, and one getting away (as if this case were special in ANY form ffs) is tolerable if it ensures innocents do not get found guilty without the evidence there to truly prove it.

And really, I expect better from the JI Community. This show trial is only in your awareness cause a pretty white kid was maybe killed by her semi-pretty white mom, and the media whored it out to the max.

The sad wake up call is that for every one like this, there are literally hundreds that get no press at all.

I weep for them, same as I weep for the poor ethnic child who goes missing and no one gives a ****, because they're all too busy worrying their little heads off about the latest rich blonde white girl to go missing this week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Boca Raton, FL / Surrendered my PSL's biatches
    Post Thanks / Like
    Misleading thread title. There are hundreds of thing I'm more worried about that that c*ck s*cking whore that killed her kid. Tragedy yes.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Yankeejet22;4057289]The older & wiser I get, the more I realize that the NorthEast region has the most normal, intelligent people.... and that everywhere else live fu*ckn 'tards![/QUOTE]

Becasue people here never walk into drug stores on a Sunday morning and kill 4 people execution style so they can walk out with some vicodin without a prescription... :rolleyes:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I see a lot of people saying this is just like OJ (here and elsewhere via social media).

My question is: how exactly? These case are not remotely similar on almost every level.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4057293]"Beyond a reasonable doubt"

Hate it or not, there is clearly reasonable doubt here. None of us were there, and none of us saw all the evidence involved, and circumstantial stuff iseemed to be the vast majority of what they had. If I google "chloroform" right now, then someone I know goes missing, thats not evidence I did it.

[/QUOTE]

I watched the defense's closing statement, Baez did a masterful job of hammering the reasonable doubt and lack of evidence. As for the chloroform. Anthony's boyfriend posted a picture on his website and mentioned chloroform out of the blue in a joking manner about cheerleaders. Anthony's google search showed she went on my space before googling chloroform so he told the jury that she was looking it up because of what he wrote. His chart that listed emotions that the jury might be feeling and how they would be required to vote by law was also a great move. As someone who has been in investigations, I hate how he went after the process of the investigation but that's what guilty parties do. They don't really have anything to go on so they go after the process of the investigation and there are always mistakes. I told my wife this was going to hang, I never expected this though.

Prosecution blew this one - too much circumstantial evidence and weird crap with her father just muddied the water even more. They threw all kinds of crazy***against the wall hoping something would stick and it did.

Prosecution should have had some kind of neglect charge with jail time for her not reporting the missing girl. They thought the case was slam dunk though.

Look fort a "Life With The Anthonys" reality show in the fall.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4057293]"Beyond a reasonable doubt"

End of the day, the bar is set as high as it is for a reason, and one getting away (as if this case were special in ANY form ffs) is tolerable if it ensures innocents do not get found guilty without the evidence there to truly prove it.

And really, I expect better from the JI Community. This show trial is only in your awareness cause a pretty white kid was maybe killed by her semi-pretty white mom, and the media whored it out to the max.

The sad wake up call is that for every one like this, there are literally hundreds that get no press at all.

I weep for them, same as I weep for the poor ethnic child who goes missing and no one gives a ****, because they're all too busy worrying their little heads off about the latest rich blonde white girl to go missing this week.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this post on so many levels:

1. You say there is reasonable doubt - How? Chloroform detected in car, chloroform searched for on computer when it was proven that she was the only one in the house, dead body smell from the car, partying for 31 days while child is supposedly missing. I could go on and on and on, but what do we need to see to convict people of murder these days? A friggin picture of them doing it? There was overwhelming CIRCUMSTANTIAL evidence in this case, which can be used to prove murder. Reasonable doubt does not mean any doubt, thats what I think the jury got wrong.

2. To say that this trial is only news because they were white is naive, and frankly extremely disrespectful to all of our intelligence. This case would have gotten major play, regardless of the races involved. It really sickens me that this argument constantly comes up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4057293] If I google "chloroform" right now, then someone I know goes missing, thats not evidence I did it.

.[/QUOTE]
    I chose that because that is what popped in my head...

[QUOTE]

I weep for them, same as I weep for the poor ethnic child who goes missing and no one gives a ****, because they're all too busy worrying their little heads off about the latest rich blonde white girl to go missing this week
    [/QUOTE]

so are you saying we shouldn't worry about that "rich blonde white" girl who happens to be from a neighboring town of mine? How is that any better than what you are objecting to, which I'm not quite sure of is...

Should we not be outraged over crimes commited and covered by the media? Particuarly in the case of the missing girl at IU, because her parents are using all their resources to find their girl? No one said anything about this being about coming from a family of privelage or a minority.

The woman killed her daughter, most people think that, and that in turn is the link to OJ that someone else wondered about.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every so often a verdict comes along that reminds us that Not Guilty does not mean Innocent.