Thread: Mosquitos....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Mosquitos....

Do you dudes in New Yawk, have to put up with these little devils in the summer? Up here in Edmonton it has been abnormally good the last few years until this year. The weather has provided a perfect breeding ground and it is absurd. Massive swarms of these hungry bastahds. :mad:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Living by the woods we certainly get them, the last two years were fairly bad
    because of rain. We had the rainiest spring on record this year so I thought it was going to be bad again. We had a torrential rainfall in early june that was so heavy I think it washed a lot of the eggs away. It's been a low bug summer so far.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Up in the sticks of Jersey they're everywhere. Have gotten eaten alive the past week, even with the spray. Getting sick of it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Obama and his cronies, we can expect to see a lot more of this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live on a lake. Mosquitos are horrible throughout the summer. I can rarely hang out on my deck because it gets unbearable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Here on Long Island they're pretty bad. Up at my place near Saratoga, they're even worse. I have learned to just ignore the itchiness of bites and never scratch them, they seem to go away faster. Being heavily intoxicated helps.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4060069]I live on a lake. Mosquitos are horrible throughout the summer. I can rarely hang out on my deck because it gets unbearable.[/QUOTE]

we find these to help a lot. our front porch is covered overhead, so I don't know about an open deck. I suspect they will at least help. kind of expensive. they smell but I don't find them overpowering. only things I've ever found to work.

sticks

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-All-Natural-Repellent-Outdoor-Insense/dp/B000RFV02U/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/url]

the cones work well, but last only 20 minutes

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-All-Natural-Repellent-Outdoor-Incense/dp/B000RFTBMG/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1310408205&sr=1-1[/url]

the can DOES NOT work. don't get

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Lights-All-Natural-Repellent-Outdoor/dp/B000RFPREC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1310408318&sr=8-3[/url]
    Last edited by Timmy®; 07-11-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would you rub that Bug Off stuff on another dude's back?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4060076]Here on Long Island they're pretty bad. Up at my place near Saratoga, they're even worse. I have learned to just ignore the itchiness of bites and never scratch them, they seem to go away faster. Being heavily intoxicated helps.[/QUOTE]

you, or the skeeters?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4060159]you, or the skeeters?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they're feeling no pain after filling up on plasma de shakin