Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Epic Woman's World Cup game today

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Epic Woman's World Cup game today

USA- Brazil

just in case anyone is going to watch it taped I won't discuss it, but it was one of the most epic sporting events I've seen.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 07-10-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unbelievable game, everything that happened. Imagine if this was a final instead of just the quarters!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansocal View Post
    Unbelievable game, everything that happened. Imagine if this was a final instead of just the quarters!
    I really developed a hatred for that Brazil team

The indian looking superstar who whined about everything

the chick who got on the stretcher after the fake injury and jumped back in the game laughing

the chick who was holding her knee and crying right before the regulation whistle blew, who then got up laughing as if to say "well I tried"

and of course the ref ....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see what you're saying, but the "gamesmanship" is to be expected when trying to run out the clock. Not discounting Marta is a whiny *****. Crowd went big anti Brazil by the end of it.

Worst officiating I can remember. Just horrible.

Amazing drama at any level. Very happy for them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Solo is super sexy

lebanese or not

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    More horsesh*t calls against our national teams aside. Awesome finish. That's why we love sports!
    Last edited by RoadFan; 07-10-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

womens soccr

lets stick with football fella's..hopefully 2 weeks away...then we wont have to worry bout womens soccer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanblinka View Post
    lets stick with football fella's..hopefully 2 weeks away...then we wont have to worry bout womens soccer

soccer forum

which banned poster are you?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanblinka View Post
    Congrats. You are in the discussion for worst first post ever.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, it might be in my top 10 games in any sport of all time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much Love and respect to all them ladies.

Hope Solo is a beast and can sleep over my house anytime she wants.

What they did today was amazing. With 10 players....FTW!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    More horsesh*t calls against our national teams aside. Awesome finish. That's why we love sports!
    Thank God blantant bad calls cannot stop heart.
    The girls had heart in abundance today.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad calls are bad calls, they happen. But watching that brazilian player get off on a stretcher because her "back hurt" was outright galling. It made me so happy to see the US score during the time that she obviously created with her fake injury.

I'm still wallowing over the US loss to Ghana, I'm glad the ladies beat Brazil. But it was kind of awesome to watch the German fans turn on Brazil because of their behavior on the field. I haven't seen fans turn like that since the Drago Vs. Balboa fight in 1985

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Bad calls are bad calls, they happen. But watching that brazilian player get off on a stretcher because her "back hurt" was outright galling. It made me so happy to see the US score during the time that she obviously created with her fake injury.

I'm still wallowing over the US loss to Ghana, I'm glad the ladies beat Brazil. But it was kind of awesome to watch the German fans turn on Brazil because of their behavior on the field. I haven't seen fans turn like that since the Drago Vs. Balboa fight in 1985

From all your comments, I'm bummed I didn't watch it.

France / USA coming up...

I would say US has the upper hand but wins against a top contender like this are such an emotional drain it's tough to go out with the same energy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

From all your comments, I'm bummed I didn't watch it.

France / USA coming up...

I would say US has the upper hand but wins against a top contender like this are such an emotional drain it's tough to go out with the same energy.
    Exactly. That's the biggest risk.....the US has expended all its emotional energy and has a letdown after beating Brazil. Think Jets over Patriots....then forgetting to play the 1st half in Pittsburgh.

In any case, I just hope that US - France is fair match without any controversy. Let the best team win!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Bad calls are bad calls, they happen. But watching that brazilian player get off on a stretcher because her "back hurt" was outright galling.
    yeah she and the trainer couldn't even get the BS story straight as she was complaining of a bad back and the trainerwas pulling on her legs and then pushing them into her chest like she was cramping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H4bFJ9h2AM
    Last edited by Timmy®; 07-11-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Julie Foudy made that match bearable to be honest...

I remember her remarking as the first ET was winding down how she feels this team, even 1 down has a chance...She referenced watching Japan, Germany the night before and feeling Germany never had a shot.

There's no way this team is as good as the '99 team that Foudy was on but it took US Soccer just that much farther yesterday morning... Hopefully, with two WC 'near miracles' it will finally peak peoples interest on what an amazing sport soccer is on a global scale...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Julie Foudy made that match bearable to be honest...

I remember her remarking as the first ET was winding down how she feels this team, even 1 down has a chance...She referenced watching Japan, Germany the night before and feeling Germany never had a shot.

There's no way this team is as good as the '99 team that Foudy was on but it took US Soccer just that much farther yesterday morning... Hopefully, with two WC 'near miracles' it will finally peak peoples interest on what an amazing sport soccer is on a global scale...
    Maybe I'm paying attention more than 99, but I agree the level of play with this team does not seem to be nearly on par with that one. Rapinhoe was awful and a liability coming in as a sub, but give her credit for an incredible clutch perfectly placed cross at the end.

Re-watched the miracle on ice and was thinking the level of play was actually disappointing.

Not going to overanalyze and just enjoy it for what it is/was.

Trying not to overanalyze the level of play and just enjoy it for what it was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Rapinhoe was awful and a liability coming in as a sub

horrendous

The US team looked incredibly sharp during the first twenty minutes with really crisp footwork and passing. Both teams looked pretty sloppy afterward.

I read an article where the writer referred to the fake injury as "pulling an Italy"
    Last edited by Timmy®; 07-11-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    horrendous

The US team looked incredibly sharp during the first twenty minutes with really crisp footwork and passing. Both teams looked pretty sloppy afterward.
    Didn't know you were an aficionado.

Frontrunner..