Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by RageATL; 08-22-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You can tell yourself that all you want - but you know.. I know you know. Nothing good is going to come of this but dragging out the story for the sake of just doing it.
    Sorry to come late to this but have you seen the movies? Nolan always planned a trilogy. The second set the stage for the third. My only concern is ledger was so great and originally planned to be included in the third. The movie will only be as good as the villans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Subconscious Productions is setting up for a big stunt in front of the 3rd Street tunnel for The Dark Knight Rises. The tunnel has been closed for prep since Thursday night. Picture cars are seen stacked 20' high for the scene which also contains a simulated snow covered street. More to come...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Catwoman has her iconic ears:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    uggh... i really hope this is not the final look for catwoman... its no-frills at its best.. im not sayin it has to be super high tech looking but jeez somebody can do better than this!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope this is a good movie and I have plenty of faith in Nolan but I'm concerned b/c 1) #3 is usually when superhero franchises jump the shark (e.g. - Superman, Spider-Man, Batman Forever, X-Men) the writers have run out of good ideas by sequel #3 and 2) I'm not sure if Catwoman and Bane translate well into the big screen.

Some characters translate well into movies. Others don't. The Joker always translates well into movies and tv that's mostly why The Dark Knight was such a special movie. Joker is a reaslitic villain who is inherently funny and eccentric like most good action villains are.

Michele Phieffer did her absolute best to make Catwoman work and people still complained like hell about Batman Returns. Bane was crap in the Batman & Robin movie granted that entire movie was a disaster.

As far as Nolan nevr having made a bad film I beg to differ. I really didn't like Batman Begins. It had some good parts and I saw what he was trying to do but you really had to make an effort to try to enjoy the movie and there were parts where it just dragged. I'm a huge fan of Dark Knight and Inception and Memento is one of the most brilliantly inventive movies I have ever seen but I really couldn't get into Batman Begins at all.
    Last edited by TerminatorJet; 09-26-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's really cool.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    I really hope this is a good movie and I have plenty of faith in Nolan but I'm concerned b/c 1) #3 is usually when superhero franchises jump the shark (e.g. - Superman, Spider-Man, Batman Forever, X-Men) the writers have run out of good ideas by sequel #3 and 2) I'm not sure if Catwoman and Bane translate well into the big screen.

Some characters translate well into movies. Others don't. The Joker always translates well into movies and tv that's mostly why The Dark Knight was such a special movie. Joker is a reaslitic villain who is inherently funny and eccentric like most good action villains are.

Michele Phieffer did her absolute best to make Catwoman work and people still complained like hell about Batman Returns. Bane was crap in the Batman & Robin movie granted that entire movie was a disaster.

As far as Nolan nevr having made a bad film I beg to differ. I really didn't like Batman Begins. It had some good parts and I saw what he was trying to do but you really had to make an effort to try to enjoy the movie and there were parts where it just dragged. I'm a huge fan of Dark Knight and Inception and Memento is one of the most brilliantly inventive movies I have ever seen but I really couldn't get into Batman Begins at all.
    It's an understandable concern but rumors coming out of the production are that this film is HUGE and that the ideas are very well hashed out. Gotta give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he tanks one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The new issue of Empire magazine has been sent to subscribers and it gives a look at four more photos from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises in addition to the two covers previously posted.

In the article, Nolan reveals that the story picks up eight years after The Dark Knight. "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after 'The Dark Knight.' So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state. With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."

Tom Hardy said that Bane is "brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."

Costume designer Lindy Hemming also talked about Bane's mask in the film. "He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."

Nolan added that the prologue coming with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol in IMAX "is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It's an introduction to Bane, and a taste of the rest of the film."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

[I]The new issue of Empire magazine has been sent to subscribers and it gives a look at four more photos from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises in addition to the two covers previously posted.

In the article, Nolan reveals that the story picks up eight years after The Dark Knight. "It's really all about finishing Batman and Bruce Wayne's story. We left him in a very precarious place. Perhaps surprisingly for some people, our story picks up quite a bit later, eight years after 'The Dark Knight.' So he's an older Bruce Wayne; he's not in a great state. With Bane, we're looking to give Batman a challenge he hasn't had before. With our choice of villain and with our choice of story we're testing Batman both physically as well as mentally."
    interesting...

really looking forward to this movie

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

The new issue of Empire magazine has been sent to subscribers and it gives a look at four more photos from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises in addition to the two covers previously posted.

Tom Hardy said that Bane is "brutal. He's a big dude who's incredibly clinical, in the fact that he has a result-based and oriented fighting style. It's not about fighting. It's about carnage. The style is heavy-handed, heavy-footed, it's nasty. Anything from small-joint manipulation to crushing skulls, crushing rib cages, stamping on shins and knees and necks and collarbones and snapping heads off and tearing his fists through chests, ripping out spinal columns. He is a terrorist in mentality as well as brutal action."

Costume designer Lindy Hemming also talked about Bane's mask in the film. "He was injured early in his story. He's suffering from pain and needs gas to survive. He can't survive the pain without the mask. The pipes from the mask go back along his jawline and feed into the thing at his back, where there are two cannisters."

Nolan added that the prologue coming with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol in IMAX "is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It's an introduction to Bane, and a taste of the rest of the film."
    I wonder if they will use this as a prelude to making Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" into some form of a serial. For the uninitiated, it's basically about Batman coming out of retirement, in a brutal fashion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ****ty bootleg copy of the latest trailer:

http://www.videobb.com/watch_video.php?v=jVlQ45tv9jV0

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    ****ty bootleg copy of the latest trailer:

http://www.videobb.com/watch_video.php?v=jVlQ45tv9jV0
    F*CK, removed!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    link to the new trailer:

http://gizmodo.com/5869277/watch-the...ll-trailer-now

link to 6-minute prologue:

http://www.twitvid.com/YCC56

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Hero Comic movies cannot go away fast enough. Even the "good" ones are 99.5% horrible crap.

They are certainly no "War Horse".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Super Hero Comic movies cannot go away fast enough. Even the "good" ones are 99.5% horrible crap.

They are certainly no "War Horse".
    oh yeah?

that's all i got today

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like