Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: first real sweaty day of the summer

Hall Of Fame

first real sweaty day of the summer

It's only supposed to get 86 today but the humidity sucks. Just peeled off a shirt that was already soaked and in the early stages of BO. Don't know how you southern guys deal with this crap. The same way I deal with snow I guess.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I think I saw earlier it's supposed to feel like 102 in NY today :eek:

[SIZE=1]I think I smell Timmy's shirt[/SIZE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4060509]I think I saw earlier it's supposed to feel like 102 in NY today :eek:

[SIZE=1]I think I smell Timmy's shirt[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

its the same shirt BO my dad used to have

we all turn into our dads eventually

Mke sure to have some guy rub plenty of sunscreen on your back.

Jets Insider VIP
    1pm flight to Raleigh. Heat index today and tomorrow will be 105+. Awesome.

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4060519]1pm flight to Raleigh. Heat index today and tomorrow will be 105+. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to NC...fuggin hotter than $hit today! right now its 95 and thats 10:30

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jets Things;4060519]1pm flight to Raleigh. Heat index today and tomorrow will be 105+. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

bring the breathable red robe

Hall Of Fame
    Going sailing this afternoon/evening on the Hudson, so I'm not going to be sweating *****es :D

Actually, first sail of the year for me, haven't made it out all year. :mad:

I've been instructed to bring a cold case of Piel's in cans and 4 italian heroes.

_

All Pro
    It's been absolutely unbearable here in GA in 2011. Today's supposed to get up to 97 plus humidity (i.e. soup). I walked out to the truck this morning at 7AM and it was already 80 something. I hate summer here, can't wait until the fall weather gets here.

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4060545]Going sailing this afternoon/evening on the Hudson, so I'm not going to be sweating *****es :D

I've been instructed to bring a cold case of Piel's in cans and 4 italian heroes.

_[/QUOTE]

Its called a sub.

Unless you're talking about bringing this guy...

[IMG]http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ksc/lowres/kscn2414l.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JStokes;4060545]Going sailing this afternoon/evening on the Hudson, so I'm not going to be sweating *****es :D

[B]I've been instructed to bring a cold case of Piel's in cans and 4 italian heroes[/B].

_[/QUOTE]

That's impressive. I didn't think there was a chance you could put down anything close to that.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Banks81;4060550]Its called a sub.

Unless you're talking about bringing this guy...

[/QUOTE]

:D

[SIZE="1"]Can't see the pic at work, but I can imagine.[/SIZE]

Sub, hero, grinder, wedge, hoagie--it's all good.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4060551]That's impressive. I didn't think there was a chance you could put down anything close to that.[/QUOTE]

Just 4 of us going out. We like to leave some leftover for the next crew--but it'll be pretty hot, we may have to stay really brehydrated :D

_

Hall Of Fame

_[/QUOTE]

LOL at us old guys drinking bland crap beer because we like the old retro cans. Had a pretty green sixer of Rolling Rock over the weekend-sucked, but I liked looking at the can and pretending I was young again. I've done the same with the cool retro Narragansett can.

[IMG]http://www.automatedman.com/blog/uploaded_images/gansett-beer-can-769755.jpg[/IMG]

All League
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4060574]LOL at us old guys drinking bland crap beer because we like the old retro cans. Had a pretty green sixer of Rolling Rock over the weekend-sucked, but I liked looking at the can and pretending I was young again. I've done the same with the cool retro Narragansett can.

[IMG]http://www.automatedman.com/blog/uploaded_images/gansett-beer-can-769755.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

There is a new restaurant in my town, very creative menu, not super fine dining, but the menu is, anyway, they serve Old Milwaukee cans!!!!!!! I drank that as a youngin!!!!

Happy hour has $2 kurobuta pork hard shell tacos and $1.50 Old Swills!!!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;4060579]I drank that as a youngin!!!!

Happy hour has $2 kurobuta pork hard shell tacos and $1.50 Old Swills!!![/QUOTE]

when I worked in a grrocery school during high school we always had a rotation of 99 cents six packs. Old Milwaukee, Uterus Club, Schaefers, and Schmitts of Philadelphia. They were warm only, I remember having a few warm ones in the back room.

Jets Insider VIP
    Really wish I wasn't working in China Town this week.....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4060574]LOL at us old guys drinking bland crap beer because we like the old retro cans. Had a pretty green sixer of Rolling Rock over the weekend-sucked, but I liked looking at the can and pretending I was young again. I've done the same with the cool retro Narragansett can.

[IMG]http://www.automatedman.com/blog/uploaded_images/gansett-beer-can-769755.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Captain's rule on the boat is we can only bring crap old beer in cans--Schlitz, Schaeffer, Reingold, PBR.

Going to Narragansett next week for my BDay, will ONLY drink that beer whilst I'm there. Loved it last year.

[IMG]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk142/jstokes719/Narragansett_Beer.jpg[/IMG]

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 07-12-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Ruby2;4060586]Really wish I wasn't working in China Town this week.....[/QUOTE]

bring unfiltered cigarettes and dice - you'll be King S***

All League
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4060583]when I worked in a grrocery school during high school we always had a rotation of 99 cents six packs. Old Milwaukee, Uterus Club, Schaefers, and Schmitts of Philadelphia. They were warm only, I remember having a few warm ones in the back room.[/QUOTE]

My friend worked at Chimney Corners store right there by 89 in high school, we would do the same, slam warm beers until we got busted, and he was fired!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=2milehighJet;4060591]My friend worked at Chimney Corners store right there by 89 in high school, we would do the same, slam warm beers until we got busted, and he was fired![/QUOTE]

yeah that's life in grocery stores

I was in the back room after a few beers standing high on a pile, throwing various stacked cases of food products to my co-worker down low. you were only supposed to throw the light stuff down and carrier the heavier stuff. after lulling the guy into complacency with light boxes like toilet paper and noodles, I spaced out from the beer, and probably daydreaming of girls, and dropped a case of Large Juicy Juice cans on him.