Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: ***The Official Women's World Cup - USA vs. France Game Thread***

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399

    ***The Official Women's World Cup - USA vs. France Game Thread***

    wut?







    also know as, "The Raoul vs. the World Thread"

    Last edited by jetstream23; 07-13-2011 at 12:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    GOOOOAAAALLLL!!!!!



  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    this game isn't be called as close as Brazil game

    i missed one minute of play and missed the goal. i haven't even seen the replay

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    this game isn't be called as close as Brazil game

    i missed one minute of play and missed the goal. i haven't even seen the replay
    The US had a good counterattack down the field, got close and a short cross was deflected in. It was a good goal and onside during the first real attack the US had.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    France getting lots and lots of good chances and shots.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    USA looked sleepy during end of first half of Brazil game too.

    Passing has been crap.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Those French girls have excellent ball skills.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Those French girls have excellent ball skills.
    France is the better team. USA passing near their goal has been pathetic.

    Can't blame Olson for that shot, it sure looked like it was going to be a head shot.

    We need a shootout

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Yup, France is totally outplaying the USA. They need a spark. Hopefully Rapinoe can do something here but the whole 2nd half is being played on our side of the pitch. Not good.

  10. #10
    whoa. 2 goals in 5 minutes... and scene for France

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Stellar!!!!

    All the momentum was with France for what seemed like 30 minutes of the 2nd half. That header was a dagger in the heart!

    France has had tons of chances but rarely capitalized. The US has had relatively few chances but is scoring on them.

    I'd be interested in the final shots-on-goal comparison.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    and how many 16 year old boys are going Hand Solo on Hope Solo these days?
    Last edited by jetstream23; 07-13-2011 at 03:45 PM.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    and how many 16 year old boys are going Hand Solo on Hope Solo these days?

    Give me alex morgan, the sub who came in and may have won the game



    Heather Mitts


    Last edited by Timmy®; 07-13-2011 at 02:53 PM.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

    France has had tons of chances but rarely capitalized.
    yeah, I said that the French were the better team, but the one goal they got was flukey. they definitely have better technique, but just can't seem to finish.

    US looked a bit better in first and last twenty minutes. France frigging dominated the middle 50 minutes

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Abby Wambach is cold blooded. 2 huge goals at crucial points in the biggest games in your sport. Insane.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    yeah, I said that the French were the better team, but the one goal they got was flukey. they definitely have better technique, but just can't seem to finish.

    US looked a bit better in first and last twenty minutes. France frigging dominated the middle 50 minutes
    Agree 100%.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    this japanese team looks to be the most technically sound I've seen. they are ouplaying sweden at this point and their passing is very crisp. they could win it all.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    this japanese team looks to be the most technically sound I've seen. they are ouplaying sweden at this point and their passing is very crisp. they could win it all.
    You might even say they are efficient.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    You might even say they are efficient.
    their passing reminds me of a pinball bouncing off bumpers

    you figure their height will hurt them when trying to defend corner kicks

    they can put together a few fast breaks

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    36,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    their passing reminds me of a pinball bouncing off bumpers

    you figure their height will hurt them when trying to defend corner kicks

    they can put together a few fast breaks
    right on cue....they score on a header.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us