Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

What did you all think of it?

It's for sure going to break the record of weekend gross.

I liked it, dumbed down some of the things from the book but I guess you have to do that for the movies.

Harry Potter in the Hamper... Man where is FF2 with his happy birthday threads.

Jets Insider VIP
    oh gawd.

I'm so looking forward to the Pokemon movie!!!

It was actually a good movie, and just as realistic as the "midnight in Paris" which seems to have everyone raving.

All Pro
    Saw it last night. Kinda glad they're over. Not sure if it's me, but I have a helluva time watching these things in the theater cuz I miss so many of the little details that the characters utter throughout. At home, I can rewind, in the theater, not so much. On top of that, I tend to have to watch the previous movie right before I see the most current one or else I won't remember sh*t. I watched Part 1 probably a month ago and aside from remembering that he had to destroy the Horcruxes, I had no recollection of it, they all roll into one big movie to me.

That being said, it was pretty good. To me, it was more about reaching a conclusion than anything. Worth seeing if you're a fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Watched it at home last night. As a fan of the books, I think some of it could have been done truer to story without sacrificing anything to the bonehead mass audience, but I liked it overall.

i hope Harry Potter died a slow and very painful death.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4063355]i hope Harry Potter died a slow and very painful death.[/QUOTE]

+1

Never watched one to the end.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4063355]i hope Harry Potter died a slow and very painful death.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4063374]+1

Never watched one to the end.[/QUOTE]

Sucks for you guys

If you're older than the Harry Potter character (what's he supposed to be, like 14 or something?), and you're watching these movies - or, worse yet, reading the books - you have some serious issues.

Shocked at the mediocre reaction... I thought it was incredible. Granted, some moments were clearly made with people who haven't read the books in mind (Neville and his big moment especially), but others floored me.

Snape's past and revealing was especially fantastic.

[QUOTE=JetsVault03;4063446]Shocked at the mediocre reaction... I thought it was incredible. Granted, some moments were clearly made with people who haven't read the books in mind (Neville and his big moment especially), but others floored me.

Snape's past and revealing was especially fantastic.[/QUOTE]

When you're going to a childrens movie, and your criticizing people who "haven't read the books", you need to seriously examine you life and make some critical decisions.

Y'know, this thread and my trip to Aldi's the other day got me to thinkin': why doesn't anyone wear capes anymore?

Aside from it being impractical during the summer months, do the cape afficianado's go for something like 'The Senator"?

[IMG]http://www.cascobaywoolworks.com/images/products/mens-cape-cloak_1_lg.jpg[/IMG]

Is a cane required or recommended if you wear a cape?

Is a cloak preferred instead of a cape?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JBullis;4063435]If you're older than the Harry Potter character (what's he supposed to be, like 14 or something?), and you're watching these movies - or, worse yet, reading the books - you have some serious issues.[/QUOTE]

solid psychoanalysis there, Freud.

I would like to subscribe to your news letter.

[QUOTE=JBullis;4063458]When you're going to a childrens movie, and [B]your[/B] criticizing people who "haven't read the books", you need to seriously examine [B]you[/B] life and make some critical decisions.[/QUOTE]

Alright macho old man. Self righteous pricks criticizing reading should probably get their grammar correct.

I graduated high school in 2007, the same year the last book came out. Harry and the like are all 18 at that point.

Harry Potter is my generation's equivalent to Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings. The characters literally grew up alongside me year by year, from 12 to 18.

Where'd Lister go to? I know he'd be in agreement here.

Banned
    [img]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7sr1dpX3M1qbzucko1_400.jpg[/img]

[QUOTE=JetsVault03;4063500]Alright macho old man. Self righteous pricks criticizing reading should probably get their grammar correct.

I graduated high school in 2007, the same year the last book came out. Harry and the like are all 18 at that point.

Harry Potter is my generation's equivalent to Star Wars, or Lord of the Rings. The characters literally grew up alongside me year by year, from 12 to 18.

Where'd Lister go to? I know he'd be in agreement here.[/QUOTE]

Your ghey.

Spell check that.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetsVault03;4063500]Alright macho old man. Self righteous pricks criticizing reading should probably get their grammar correct.

Where'd Lister go to? I know he'd be in agreement here.[/QUOTE]
    Did you just compare Harry Potter to Star Wars?

lmao!

[QUOTE=BarneyFife;4063509]Did you just compare Harry Potter to Star Wars?

lmao![/QUOTE]

Episodes 4-6 > Harry Potter > Episodes 1-3

Remember, my generation lived through the ****hell that was Episodes 1-3, not the fantastic glory of 4-6. I would bet 70% of 10-25 year olds would have Harry Potter above Star Wars.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JetsVault03;4063532]Episodes 4-6 > Harry Potter > Episodes 1-3

Remember, my generation lived through the ****hell that was Episodes 1-3, not the fantastic glory of 4-6. I would bet 70% of 10-25 year olds would have Harry Potter above Star Wars.[/QUOTE]
    Natalie Portman's tight @ss > anything Harry Potter has to offer