Thread: Official Womens World Cup Final Thread

Official Womens World Cup Final Thread

Why did I start this thread?

Since I'm the worlds biggest fan of the US womens national team I needed to start the official game thread.

This team has proved the haters wrong all year. Even when they were losing games before the world cup started I knew they would be in the finals. Everyone thought these ladies were finished after they lost to Sweden but I still had faith in this elite group. When Martha scored her first goal and the ref tried to screw the USA I knew it wasn't over. Even after Marthas other goal I knew Abby Wamback would score. Then Han Solo said screw you ref I wont let us lose this game just like I knew she would.

I said the same thing about the mens team last summer and I was right. I knew that that London guy would score a late goal even when all the haters including the ones on this very sight said the game was over. I knew.

Look at this roster. No other team has this much elite talent.

1 Han Solo G
    2 Heather Mitts D
    3 Christie Rampone D
    4 Becky Sauerbrunn D
    5 Kelley O'Hara M
    6 Amy LePeilbet D
    7 Shannon Boxx M
    8 Amy Rodriguez F
    9 Heather O'Reilly M
    10 Carli Lloyd M
    11 Ali Krieger D
    12 Lauren Cheney F
    13 Alex Morgan F
    14 Stephanie Cox D
    15 Megan Rapinoe M
    16 Lori Lindsey M
    17 Tobin Heath M
    18 Nicole Barnhart G
    19 Rachel Buehler D
    20 Abby Wambach F
    21 Jill Loyden G

That is 21 ELITE players. No other team has a goalie like Han Solo. NO ONE.

What do I think will happen in the final? I think Japan will be a tough team to beat. Do I think we will win? I think there is a good chance. It will be a tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships3 View Post

Since I'm the worlds biggest fan of the US womens national team I needed to start the official game thread.

This team has proved the haters wrong all year. Even when they were losing games before the world cup started I knew they would be in the finals. Everyone thought these ladies were finished after they lost to Sweden but I still had faith in this elite group. When Martha scored her first goal and the ref tried to screw the USA I knew it wasn't over. Even after Marthas other goal I knew Abby Wamback would score. Then Han Solo said screw you ref I wont let us lose this game just like I knew she would.

I said the same thing about the mens team last summer and I was right. I knew that that London guy would score a late goal even when all the haters including the ones on this very sight said the game was over. I knew.

1 Han Solo G
    2 Heather Mitts D
    3 Christie Rampone D
    4 Becky Sauerbrunn D
    5 Kelley O'Hara M
    6 Amy LePeilbet D
    7 Shannon Boxx M
    8 Amy Rodriguez F
    9 Heather O'Reilly M
    10 Carli Lloyd M
    11 Ali Krieger D
    12 Lauren Cheney F
    13 Alex Morgan F
    14 Stephanie Cox D
    15 Megan Rapinoe M
    16 Lori Lindsey M
    17 Tobin Heath M
    18 Nicole Barnhart G
    19 Rachel Buehler D
    20 Abby Wambach F
    21 Jill Loyden G

What do I think will happen in the final? I think Japan will be a tough team to beat. Do I think we will win? I think there is a good chance. It will be a tough game.

I really hope that was a jokez that you wrote "Han Solo" instead of "Hope Solo."

All the haters??? Who hates on women's soccer? Who really even knows it exists (I say this while even I'm looking forward to this game).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships3 View Post

1 Han Solo G
    2 Heather Mitts D
    3 Christie Rampone D
    4 Becky Sauerbrunn D
    5 Kelley O'Hara M
    6 Amy LePeilbet D
    7 Shannon Boxx M
    8 Amy Rodriguez F
    9 Heather O'Reilly M
    10 Carli Lloyd M
    11 Ali Krieger D
    12 Lauren Cheney F
    13 Alex Morgan F
    14 Stephanie Cox D
    15 Megan Rapinoe M
    16 Lori Lindsey M
    17 Tobin Heath M
    18 Nicole Barnhart G
    19 Rachel Buehler D
    20 Abby Wambach F
    21 Jill Loyden G

no wonder they aren't up at least 2-0 after dominating, you've put your curse on them them

Why do you keep saying "Han Solo"? That's moronic.

Looks like it's going into extra innings.
    Last edited by Dimitri_0515; 07-17-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Solo appears to NOT Be on her best game.......
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 07-17-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Solo appears to NOT Benoni her best game.......
    Does she have any other injuries?

Wambach sucked ass today also

The suckiest aspect of soccer is penalty kicks.

It's NO WAY to determine a winner.

It's better to let the players keep on playing until a winner is determined.

for my country I'll offer to console Hope Solo

glad that Japan won it though. That country has been through so much, they needed a big lift. Kudos to the Japanese women.

Hall Of Fame
    glad that Japan won it though. That country has been through so much, they needed a big lift. Kudos to the Japanese women.
    yeah

congraturations

Can't ask for much more in a final. Well officiated and gritty performances by both sides. Congrats to the ladies!

China simply outplayed us.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Can't ask for much more in a final.
    I can ask for a World Championship final not to be settled by an idiotic shoot-out.

They just reported that Hope Solo was so distraught after the game that she left the stadium in tears and tried to throw herself in front of a bus!

Luckily, it went right past her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank C Sec148 View Post
    They just reported that Hope Solo was so distraught after the game that she left the stadium in tears and tried to throw herself in front of a bus!

Luckily, it went right past her.
    You're an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    I can ask for a World Championship final not to be settled by an idiotic shoot-out.
    Agreed!

Sudden death, no matter how long it takes, is the only way to decide winners in soccer games if there is no winner in regulation and extra time.

Additionally, the US women team was FULL of very attractive, cute girls. The Japanese team was full of.....NOT very attractive, cute girls.

even the fake DWC brings forth the jinx.

amazing

another thread like football mundial